Warbears.com
Warbear
Bedtime City Missions Shop Forum
 Forum Rules   FAQ   Search   

Flower Glitch
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Has this glitch or something similiar to it happened to you?
No ending time set.
Yes
46%
 46%  [ 12 ]
No
53%
 53%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 26

Tango Totoro
Quizaboom
Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:02 am Reply with quote

I picked up a purple flower from the park and had it in my hand for a while. I was dancing, etc, etc. and walked off to different houses and such.

Then, I tried to use the smell action but it wouldn't work. I both typed /smell and clicked the button on actions to no avail.

Finally, I went back to the park and tried to deposit the flower into the bush but it would not let me. I clicked on the bush, clicked on the button, but nothing happened.

Finally I went to the bar and it let me throw the flower away in the trash bin. Think
Bishop Panzerotten

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:31 am Reply with quote

Hmmm I haven't encountered this before had you done anything with the flower to make it do that?

Credit to Poison Simpson for the signature.
Mr Simpson
Bug Hunters Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:30 pm Reply with quote

This happens when the server doesn't think you have an item. The item action stops working (It's always /item regardless of what the action is called in the menu). The best solution is to reload the page.
This is not a real bug in itself. It's caused by a fix for a few other known bugs.

The bug hunter team is more interested in how the server forgot that you had the flower. I suspect that the risks are bigger after you've had it for a long time.

More information is needed before a permanent solution can be found.'

[Tags: NeedInfo]
Tango Totoro
Quizaboom
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:10 am Reply with quote

Thanks Mr. Very Happy

Quite true, I was holding the flower for a long period of time. Im going to try to make it happen again if I can. I'll keep you updated.
Actionboy Smith

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:14 am Reply with quote

Yeah, this just happened to me! Except with a beer.

EDIT: Oh, never mind. It was a server connection problem.
Fergie Carpenter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:35 pm Reply with quote

Strange...Weird... Neutral
Tango Totoro
Quizaboom
Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:00 am Reply with quote

Hmm, haven't been able to re-create glitch yet.. Neutral
Quizaboom
Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:34 am Reply with quote

UPDATE: I was at the park, when suddenly I lost server connection. It brought me to the map. I went back to the park but this time I was holding a lava cocktail! I DIDN'T have a lava cocktail, or any item in my hands BEFORE I lost server connection.

I asked people if I was holding anything, and they said no. So ONLY I could see this lava cocktail, and no one else. I wasn't able to drink it, even though it was full, and I couldn't throw it in the bush.

Finally, I went to the bar, and it let me throw it away in the trash can THERE. This sounds VERY similiar to the glitch with the flower. Think
Bug Hunters Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:47 am Reply with quote

Actually, sometimes I get a flower and I can't put it back in the bush even if I try it immediately or leave the room and come back. The only way I can get rid of it is to go to the bar and deposit it in the bin before I can get another flower.

Join the stfuclub. By initiation only. USAB.
Tango Totoro
Quizaboom
Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:53 am Reply with quote

Mr Simpson wrote:
The bug hunter team is more interested in how the server forgot that you had the flower. I suspect that the risks are bigger after you've had it for a long time.

Exactly, the server forgot that I had the item. Now, if you go to the flower bush, you can't make your hand move unless if you have something to throw away, otherwise it will just make you recieve an item. But if you go the bar or LL, the trash cans there are different. You can go into either of those places, walk up to a trash can with no item in your hand, and still click on the button and your hand will look like you're throwing something away even if you aren't. My theory is that this is why these places allow us to throw away the item when we encounter this bug. Since we can use the trash can even if we don't have an item, and since the server doesn't recognize that we have an item, it throws it away.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:47 pm Reply with quote

it also works with beer you
Tango Totoro
Quizaboom
Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:45 am Reply with quote

I have another update in this glitch. I was at the bar idling for long periods of time, suddenly, I lost server connection. When I came back to the bar, I was holding a beer in my hand. I suspected it wasn't real, so I tried to drink it but it wouldn't work.. It was pretty much exactly the same thing as this:
Tango Totoro wrote:
UPDATE: I was at the park, when suddenly I lost server connection. It brought me to the map. I went back to the park but this time I was holding a lava cocktail! I DIDN'T have a lava cocktail, or any item in my hands BEFORE I lost server connection.

I asked people if I was holding anything, and they said no. So ONLY I could see this lava cocktail, and no one else. I wasn't able to drink it, even though it was full, and I couldn't throw it in the bush.

Finally, I went to the bar, and it let me throw it away in the trash can THERE. This sounds VERY similiar to the glitch with the flower.

I confirmed it was the same type of glitch as other people could not see my beer. Then I asked someone else to give me their beer. I actually got a little window saying "grab ----'s item?" even while on my own screen, I was already holding an item. I clicked yes, and the beer from the other person went on top of my own beer. That fixed the glitch and I could drink the new beer.

My theory is that when you lose server connection due to this glitch, you get an item that you had before, maybe a couple hours ago. But all the times I've experienced this glitch, it involved periods of massive idling, and throwing away an item before the idling. I know it sounds confusing, but I think I'm on to something.

EDIT: About 30 min later, I lost server connection and it happened again.. Shocked

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:38 pm Reply with quote

Happen to me once, yesterday. I was with a Lava Cocktail, and when I typed in /item, nothing happened. Later, when I was at my house, the option worked.
Johnathan Svoltaire
Warbears' Logo Creator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:52 am Reply with quote

I think i may know why this occurs.

When you "disconnect" from the server, the item (that your holding) should disappear. The server thinks that the item did disappear, yet you still have the item.

The problem lays with the server.

"Integration error. Microsoft's screw up is now in every application."
Warriorbear Simpson

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:14 pm Reply with quote

I had a flower glitch when the flower was in the other hand Confused

Weird
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index : Warbears -> Technical Stuff All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: