Bedtime City Missions Shop Forum
 Forum Rules   FAQ   Search   

Warbears: The Forum Game™ – GAME THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joyce Carpenter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:12 am Reply with quote

Tango Totoro wrote:
She is voting to reject this, so I believe this team is bad for the spies somehow.

Wait? When did I say I would reject this??? Read my post again! >.>
Nickyh Smith

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:32 am Reply with quote

I'll chime in. I am voting reject, because of 2 reasons:

1. I suspect Globox is a spy because of his vote to approve the first mission. Therefore, his team cannot be trusted, but those he picked are unlikely to be spies.

2. If he is actually innocent, then his choice of semi-random members is statistically very likely to contain a spy.

Funnily enough, while Jurgen and Tango argue against each other, both use statistics at one point or another to support themselves. I'm still unsure whose side to take, and honestly, it's not impossible both are civvies/spies!

Lolbear Simpson wrote:
Learn what?
Tango Totoro
Quizaboom
Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:13 am Reply with quote

Joyce Carpenter wrote:
Tango Totoro wrote:
She is voting to reject this, so I believe this team is bad for the spies somehow.

Wait? When did I say I would reject this??? Read my post again! >.>

Embarassed Whoooops I cannot read. My bad. Still gonna vote to approve cause Jurgen Marshall and Katz are quite suspicious to me.

Nickyh Smith wrote:
Funnily enough, while Jurgen and Tango argue against each other, both use statistics at one point or another to support themselves. I'm still unsure whose side to take, and honestly, it's not impossible both are civvies/spies!

Heh, Jurgen and I always suspect each other in mafia games and it almost never works out, haha. But I have to go with my readings of people at some point.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:10 am Reply with quote

I voted to reject this team after reading Jurgen's post when he made it yesterday. Just finding the time to put my take on things.

I agree with what Jurgen says, that probability suggests the team is way more likely to fail than it is to success. The difference between Jurgen's numbers and Tango's numbers is that it felt to me that Jurgen was basing his numbers off of something, instead of Tango basing something off of his numbers. (Sorry if that's a little confusing.)

Frankly, I don't care for the numbers. I feel that they're a nuisance in the game because it kind of objects to playing as a person. As if that person is a robot; you can't then find out about their personality to state your suspicion because, well, they don't have any personality. Sure, the numbers can be helpful but I'd suggest using them a little less. Everything seems negative with them around and I doubt the town(non-spies? whatever we're calling them) are going to have much morale about winning with that around. People should be sure of themselves and learn to trust others, not numbers and then have no trust in anything because of it.

I can see why Tango sees me as suspicious, I guess probably the way I have played so far is. But that's really just because at first I didn't know what I was doing (still don't, not really), and that I've been very busy in real to have a lot of time for other things. I'm still trying to put the effort in, nevertheless.

However, though, I don't agree with the suspicion on Globox. Or at least I don't suspect him. He chose to choose a team of people who hadn't already been on a mission, but that's what other people were doing, too and on the first teams to be chosen I think this is a good idea to see where peoples credibility's lie. But, that's probably the first two teams in my opinion.

Furthermore, it may be worth pointing out that I really doubt that Knyh would place all of the spies on one side of the list. They're going to be spread out.
Jurgen Smith
Quizaboom
Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:18 am Reply with quote

Marshall Brancacane wrote:
Frankly, I don't care for the numbers. I feel that they're a nuisance in the game because it kind of objects to playing as a person.

I mean, I did it because when it's a pure random chance vote, then it seems appropriate to look at the odds. As I've stated more often than not, for most of this game, the odds are going to be against us, so we can't play it that way. I was just using the number to reinforce that point.

Furthermore, it may be worth pointing out that I really doubt that Knyh would place all of the spies on one side of the list. They're going to be spread out.

Which list are you referring to?
Knyh Risotto
Bug Hunters Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:29 am Reply with quote

Roles and the Mission Leader order were both randomised I did not change anything about them. There is therefore equal chance of spies being spread out or in a group on that list. There should not be anything to go on from that.
Warbears Mockup Master

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:26 pm Reply with quote

I agree with Jurgen, I am voting reject on this mission too.

I pick my mission next so that also factors into my decision.
Rojoco Anderson

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:56 pm Reply with quote

Sure, the numbers can be helpful but I'd suggest using them a little less. Everything seems negative with them around and I doubt the town(non-spies? whatever we're calling them) are going to have much morale about winning with that around. People should be sure of themselves and learn to trust others, not numbers and then have no trust in anything because of it.

When you refer to the "non-spies" as "them" and not "us" it makes you sound like a spy.
Knyh Risotto
Bug Hunters Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:30 pm Reply with quote

Globox acted quickly choosing a team. Obviously choosing himself, he also picked three randomly who had yet to be on a mission. This lead to immediate backlash and Math Corner brought out a new book "Seven Reasons Why Statistically This Is Dumb", followed by a hundred revisions to the book to make it less dumb because nobody really understands statistics fully, right? Anyway, the vote came and the team got soundly rejected. Some scrubs didn't vote (probably because nobody poked them to make sure they were awake) so the rest of the group took their votes as a rejection.
THE REJECTION COUNTER HAS INCREASED TO TWO

Votes:
Tango Totoro - approve
Rojoco Anderson - reject
Globox Simpson - DID NOT VOTE - reject
Takeoshi Thestreamer - reject
Marshall Branflakes - reject
Jurgen Smith - reject
Katz Giffuri - DID NOT VOTE - reject
Joyce Carpenter - approve
Nickyh Smith - reject
Ninjabear Simpson - reject

Gamecard:

(Ruined Bar kindly donated by Rojoco, Avatars acquired by Marshall <3)

Your mission leader is Takeoshi Theboyo. They must select FOUR people for this mission. The deadline for selection is Tuesday 20th February, 23:59 GMT.

casual reminder you can discuss your proposed team before confirming them as your selection and you probably want to do that at some point before the rejection counter hits five....

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:38 pm Reply with quote

So, since random chance isn't a good enough reason, Takeoshi, as our latest team leader, who are you considering to take on the team, and why?

Lolbear Simpson wrote:
Learn what?
Takeoshi Totoro
Warbears Mockup Master

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:07 pm Reply with quote

Nickyh Smith wrote:
So, since random chance isn't a good enough reason, Takeoshi, as our latest team leader, who are you considering to take on the team, and why?

Hard to know really, I’ve been away for the past week so I need to read over the thread and work out who seems more trustworthy and less trustworthy. At the very least I’m picking myself.
Ninjabear Simpson
Comic Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:24 pm Reply with quote

I suspect Tango a little more.
Joyce Carpenter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:50 am Reply with quote

Knyh Risotto wrote:
casual reminder you can discuss your proposed team before confirming them as your selection and you probably want to do that at some point before the rejection counter hits five....

Well, yeah, let's not have the counter go there XD

Ninjabear Simpson wrote:
I suspect Tango a little more.

On what grounds really?
Ninjabear Simpson
Comic Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:22 pm Reply with quote

He approved the mission.
Joyce Carpenter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:12 am Reply with quote

Ninjabear Simpson wrote:
He approved the mission.

Then why not me? I approved the mission too. Why do you suspect Tango and not myself then? Am I not a likely spy then?

It feels to me like you're trying to pin suspicion on someone without trying to justify it.

I have a really strong suspicion that you are indeed the spy who sabotaged Mission 1 earlier in the game, unless you can justify yourself and your actions.

Ninjabear Simpson wrote:
I think that if a spy is a team leader, they would choose only innocent people so that they are sure to have only one sabotage vote. Does this mean Tango is a spy? Well, I don't know.

Even earlier during the mission, you were trying to hint at Tango being the spy, without much justification. Being the team leader doesn't mean that he is a spy (or not for the matter).

This game is about deduction and reasoning, and I am not convinced by the reasons or statements you have given. I might be wrong.

If no one is really discussing this or talking, then we've very little to go on.

And if no one is talking, then failure is an almost certain outcome.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index : Other Stuff -> Forum Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 5 of 13

Jump to: