Warbears.com
Warbear
Bedtime City Missions Shop Forum
 Forum Rules   FAQ   Search   

BTC's Conspiracy Theory - Game thread (End of the game)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ninjabear Simpson
Comic Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:29 pm Reply with quote

The first day ended with a sigh of relief, nobody is to be executed. However, quite a few members did get side eyes their way. Jurgen didn't fully trust Takeoshi, Rojoco thought Knyh was a joke and up to no good and Takeoshi pointed out that Globox was acting out of the ordinary... but perhaps those are unjust suspicions. May god have mercy on all of you tonight.

Day 1 ended with no one lycnched. It's now Night 1 and the bad guys have until Saturday the 9th 11PM (British time) to submit their actions.

Votes:
Jurgen: Takeoshi
Knyh: No lynch
Miniman: No lynch
Rojoco: Knyh
Takeoshi: Globox
Tango: No lynch
Katz: No lynch
Marshall: No lynch
Pepper: No lynch
Zane: No lynch
Globox: No lynch
Crazyone: No lynch
Globus: Failed to vote
Ninjabear Simpson
Comic Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:06 pm Reply with quote

It was a dark and stormy night when the talkative monk died. He was found chopped up to death in the city center, however, where he got chopped up remained a mystery. Nobody really felt bad, except the order of the monks, which from today no longer exists.

Knyh died, he was a townie. The monks have been dissolved.

They really tried to run away, screamed for help at the top of their lungs. But nobody could hear Katz's screams of agony as he was being eaten alive by the hungry hounds. Everyone just assumed he left the town due to fear... if only they knew.

Katz died, he was a townie.

It's now Day 2 and you have until Wednesday the 13th 11PM to vote. Globus, you will die if you fail to vote.

Last edited by ninja-bear on Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Takeoshi Totoro
Warbears Mockup Master

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:14 pm Reply with quote

Be sad because we lost two great men today.

Personally I'm going to start off this day phase by putting in a lynch vote for my only current suspicion, which is Globox. Reasons mentioned previously, but basically his no lynch justification post fell off. Everyone else can chime in with their own theories though.
Rojoco Anderson

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:17 pm Reply with quote

Ok. I'm happy to try Globox.
Tango Totoro
Quizaboom
Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:33 pm Reply with quote

Globox
Quizaboom
Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:01 pm Reply with quote

Looking at this thread, there's barely more than straws to grasp at, at best.

While I do agree that there's some justification for suspicion against Globox for the aforementioned post, I don't think it's the only place worth looking at this moment, and as such, I won't be voting with this wagon (at least, not until we see something more from him during this phase).

Rojoco Anderson wrote:
I'm a Vanilla Townie and I wanna lynch Takeoshi.

This above is Rojoco's first post in the thread, and as a way to enter the game, I dislike this. Feeling the need to declare your alignment in the first post you make in the game just feels off to me, so I'm looking here somewhat.

Tango Totoro wrote:
Request: someone from Masons and someone from Monks post a list of people in each secret society, so we have more info for the town to dissect later on. Unless there's a compelling reason not to I haven't considered?

Inherently, the two secret societies are the only hidden information in the game, and the only place the town might be gaining an advantage through off-thread communication. If there's an alignment shared, then sharing thoughts is obviously productive. If there's a mismatch, then it's potentially a better way to catch them through another avenue of communication.

Either way, I feel like they're prime targets for kills during night, so the idea that they should come out into the open seems very, very strange to me.

There's not really much else around to comment on at the present time. Realistically, Takeoshi is playing like Takeoshi, with thoughts and lots of posts filled with utter tripe. Feel like his posting is mostly consistent with how he's played previous games as a townie.

That's about all I've got for now.

While I think Globox may still be the best place to have suspicion, I dislike the current status of one wagon with mostly low-effort posts joining it. All in all, I feel like currently, the place to have my vote is Rojoco.
Miniman Mazinga

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:26 pm Reply with quote

Ahhh, I was about to make a post about how Rojoco's high interest in this very, uh, tame version of mafia is super suspicious to me. And I have nothing else at all in the world to base my lynch off of so I'm voting Rojoco
Rojoco Anderson

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:37 pm Reply with quote

Miniman Mazinga wrote:
Ahhh, I was about to make a post about how Rojoco's high interest in this very, uh, tame version of mafia is super suspicious to me. And I have nothing else at all in the world to base my lynch off of so I'm voting Rojoco

Nice. Killing off active players is a good move (if you're a baddie).
Takeoshi Totoro
Warbears Mockup Master

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:20 pm Reply with quote

Able to help out here a bit i think.

Personally I dont believe Rojoco is mafia this game. He has been mafia in each previous game and this time he feels like he is playing differently, and therefore more like an innocent.

I agree with Jurgen's evaluation of Tango to a certain extent. He maybe seems less analytical this game, possibly a bad guy or just less interested in the game.

Otherwise i dont plan on changing my vote until Globox defends himself in some way.

And yes, i agree, i am playing like takeoshi. However i disagree that my posts are filled with utter tripe. My 4 part explanation of why you shouldnt kill me in night 1 was an important document that should be remembered in the annals of history.
Zane Lebowski

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:14 am Reply with quote

At first I felt like Globox was suspicious, as how people previously said, he explained way too much for a no lynch vote, because why state the obvious, you know, day 1, no information (well there will be 0 information in this game it seems), so no real reason to explain your self so much.

But also Rojoco seemed suspicious, as he declared that he is a vanilla townie and that he voted for Takeoshi. But what also made me suspect Takeoshi with Rojoco right now, is the fact that Takeoshi still sided with Rojoco in day 2. Stating that Rojocos has been a mafia all the other games and that he is playing differently here... Takeoshi could use his like pretty pro level mafia experience to also manipulate the people who ain't as good at this game, or the none talkers AKA The Bandwagonists.

So what I'm trying to say (I'm sorry, I'm sleepy) is that Rojoco voted for Takeoshi day 1 and Takeoshi covered for Rojoco day 2 is because they tried t hide their affiliation with each other? Also mafia killed Knyh, knowing Takeoshi, he'd definitely go for that kill, but then again it's way too Takeoshi for him to go after Knyh, if he himself is mafia.

So for now until my suspicioun is cleared I will vote for Takeoshi, because if he is actually on mafias side, he would be a pretty annoying to deal with guy, as he does talk quite a bit and has a pretty big influence over the quiet ones, because he is a loud mouth.

Well this ended up pretty long. Uhoh
P.S. sorry if this is way too confusing, please call me out on any mistakes on this one, would be more welcome from other people, that I didn't point my finger at yet.
Takeoshi Totoro
Warbears Mockup Master

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:36 am Reply with quote

Zane Lebowski wrote:
But also Rojoco seemed suspicious, as he declared that he is a vanilla townie and that he voted for Takeoshi.

To be fair he actually voted for Knyh, which by your logic would make him the other monk.

Jurgen voted for me as well for 'too much hair'. Im not sure if early game meming is something you can learn anything from. Globox's lynch vote however felt like more of a 'tell'.

Im siding with Rojoco because this game he doesnt feel scum to me and therefore i dont think we should kill him.

Anyone out there who is mafia/werewolf best case scenario for this round is to kill a member of the opposing faction as it puts you in a very strong position to take the entire game.

Anyway Globox please respond to accusations against you because if you arent a bad guy i would prefer not to make the mistake of trying to lynch you.

Zane Lebowski wrote:
Also mafia killed Knyh, knowing Takeoshi, he'd definitely go for that kill, but then again it's way too Takeoshi for him to go after Knyh, if he himself is mafia.

This sentence i entirely agree with. Though tbf I wouldnt kill knyh because its too obvious. I would have killed like jurgen or rojo
Zane Lebowski

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:47 am Reply with quote

Takeoshi Totoro wrote:

To be fair he actually voted for Knyh, which by your logic would make him the other monk.

Oops, sorry, my bad, I missed that one.

Also I don't trust Jurgen, too. [forgot to mention that in the previous post]

Well I guess you are right, we should also hear out Globox, before rushing to lynch anyone else, as he has been pretty quiet, changing vote to Globox until he says something in his defense.
Tango Totoro
Quizaboom
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:18 pm Reply with quote

I do agree that we shouldn't have had a no lynch on Day 1. That was a complete waste of time. Since I started that train, I accept responsibility (although to be fair I hadn't yet realized there were no special night action roles).

As Jurgen said we have little to go on, but we have to pick someone to lynch as best we can, and more importantly get discussion from everyone. We have a bit over a day until this phase comes to a close.

Current lynch tally by my count:
Jurgen: Rojoco
Miniman: Rojoco
Rojoco: Globox
Takeoshi: Globox
Tango: Globox
Marshall:
Pepper
Zane: Globox
Globox:
Crazyone:
Globus:

For now I am sticking with my lynch vote for Globox. Not because I think that his cited post was particularly suspicious, but because Takeoshi wants to lynch him, and Takeoshi's instincts have generally worked very well for the Town in the past (there is a 7 in 11 chance Takeoshi is a Townie). Also, Globox still hasn't defended himself or even responded.

As for Rojoco, I also don't think his post was that suspicious. I have a gut feeling that he actually is a Townie, although this could certainly change depending on what happens later.

The people who haven't voted so far (Marshall, Pepper, Globox, Crazyone, Globus) have typically been more quiet in past games, with the exceptions of Marshall and Crazyone. We still haven't seen a substantive post from Crazyone, which suggests she might be anti-Town. To be fair, she was actively guiding discussion in the last game and turned out to be Mafia, so it's not strong evidence. She might be really busy or just too bored to post, but it seems a bit out of place.

I am even more suspicious of Marshall for not posting anything substantive up until now. If I had to rank people I suspect right now, he would be at the top.

That all being said, we cannot really rule out anyone of the active talkers from being anti-Town. Odds are good that at least one of them is. It would be completely negligent for both the anti-Town factions to not be guiding the discussion right now.

Also I feel like Globus not making a vote last phase makes it likely he is just a Townie. If he were anti-Town that would be game-losing behavior.

Jurgen Smith wrote:
Inherently, the two secret societies are the only hidden information in the game, and the only place the town might be gaining an advantage through off-thread communication. If there's an alignment shared, then sharing thoughts is obviously productive. If there's a mismatch, then it's potentially a better way to catch them through another avenue of communication.

Either way, I feel like they're prime targets for kills during night, so the idea that they should come out into the open seems very, very strange to me.

I don't understand what you're saying here. What alignments could or would be shared among Masons other than "Townie"? Perhaps if Mafia are about to win and the town is close to lynching a Mason Werewolf, that person would reveal their alignment?

We can assume Knyh was killed by the Mafia because he was the only Townie in the Monk society. As for Katz, it's possible the same happened to him. There are a few possibilities:

1. Katz was just a Townie and randomly targeted.
2. Katz was a Townie and a Mason, but no Werewolves are in the Masons and he was randomly targeted.
3. Katz was a Townie and a Mason and targeted by Werewolf Masons.

I still feel it would be best if a Mason could reveal their roster of members so that the Town has more info to go on.

Questions for Ninjabear
1. Do we know if Katz was a Mason? (is society membership always revealed upon death?)
2. Is a Mason allowed to post a list of society members, or is this against rules?

EDIT:

3. When you said the Monks were dissolved does that mean they're all dead or the remaining Monks were mafia?
Comic Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:43 pm Reply with quote

Tango Totoro wrote:

Questions for Ninjabear
1. Do we know if Katz was a Mason? (is society membership always revealed upon death?)
2. Is a Mason allowed to post a list of society members, or is this against rules?

1. Society membership is always revealed so Kats wasn't part of any of them.
2. Posting the list is not officially forbidden but it would kill the main features of this game: the secret societies.
Takeoshi Totoro
Warbears Mockup Master

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:57 pm Reply with quote

Zane Lebowski wrote:
Takeoshi Totoro wrote:

Oops, sorry, my bad, I missed that one.

Fly on, live your dreams. You miss 100% of the shots you dont take.

Tango Totoro wrote:
We can assume Knyh was killed by the Mafia because he was the only Townie in the Monk society.

Not sure about this logic. It firstly relies on a 1/5 chance of the second person being mafia which isnt insignificant but also is still unlikely. Secondly, surely the strength of mafia/townie monk would be the ability to affect their lynch decisions? I guess it depends on whether the other player felt knyh was onto them?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index : Other Stuff -> Forum Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: