Warbears.com
Warbear
Bedtime City Missions Shop Forum
 Forum Rules   FAQ   Search   

What can we do?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index : Warbears -> General WB Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Can warbears.com be saved?
No ending time set.
Together we can bring warbears back from the brink!
63%
 63%  [ 19 ]
I just don't know anymore...
23%
 23%  [ 7 ]
lulz no.
13%
 13%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 30

Snap Panzerotten

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:33 pm Reply with quote

I like this. It's informative. Especially the "jerk" thing. I sort of have a thing for Karma so that bullet is my favorite.
Tacobadger Burritos
TV Channel Maker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:41 am Reply with quote

"Ooh, ooh, I know.
We can have a Battle-Royale."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Timotini Mazinga

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:44 pm Reply with quote

Tacobadger Burritos wrote:
"Ooh, ooh, I know.
We can have a Battle-Royale."

"The demon and the wizard had a Battle-Royale, the demon almost killed him with an evil Kapow, but then he broke his tooth and thus the demon said "OW!""

Special thanks to Tango!
Constance Anderson

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:33 pm Reply with quote

The only thing we can do is to call Gionatan.
Tankbuilder Smith

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:40 pm Reply with quote

I agree alot with what was posted here.

I'm actually an active RPer. I can give some input on RP ideas.

I find that some of the toughest conflict creating situations is when you're in a situation where violence is NOT the answer, but you still have to do something to solve or get out of the situation.

I've also improved ALOT with RPing from when I first joined the site. I know some of the tips that can make one a better rper. Four of the most important things to keep in mind are: (Assuming that everybody has good grammar in the RP.)
1. The RP is not all about your characters, it's about the plot as a whole. The more you contribute to the plot, the better the RP gets.
2. Losing is as important as winning in RPs. If your character(s) win, that advances your character(s) personal story(ies). The exact opposite is true for "Evil" characters, but you still need to lose around as much as you win.
3. Trying to solve every single problem makes RPs no fun. The reason for that is that you aren't leaving any room for anybody else to solve problems, and thus the RP gets boring for them. On the other hand, creating conflict makes RPs a bit more fun.
4. Try not to go to extremes. People don't like that very much. Plus, usually when that happens, it's considered god modding, and that is HIGHLY frowned upon in RPs. God modding does vary from RP to RP, usually based on how powerful the other characters in the RP are.
The first definition here for godmodding is actually pretty accurate.
Trick Brancacane

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:44 pm Reply with quote

http://www.warbears.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14606&highlight=roleplay

I remember Virgo making this thread about Roleplaying looong time ago.
Tankbuilder Smith

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:28 pm Reply with quote

Well, I did bring up a few good points myself.

That weren't brought up there.

Edit: I'm probably going to repost that in the one thread. Also:

You can't advance your characters personal plotlines easily if you don't set them up for conflict. It is much easier to develop a character in an RP if he/she has somebody like a rival or bully that doesn't like them or if they have anger issues or some other way of creating conflict involving that character.

For example, Jong, a moogle RP character I have, always gets annoyed at the least when his pompom is touched. That has been used several times in the RP he is in to create conflict revolving around him already, and he's a realitively new character. That, and I enjoyed RPing his annoyance at that.
Crazyone Totoro

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:53 pm Reply with quote

Yeah, for RPing, it is you living out a character's life, their reactions to situations, etc.

Trial thread for RP? YES.
How bout in forum games? It's easy enough to try... though we'd need a Mod for this to happen (GIANT HINT)
Jonpatrick Smith

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:46 pm Reply with quote

So has Sam or anyone else contacted a mod about an RP?
Ben Lebowski

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:01 pm Reply with quote

If someone wants to send me some info about who would host, how it would work, etc., feel free

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:19 pm Reply with quote

Well in the 9 days or so since I posted this it seems we've got a little done. It's not much but it's a start, the first step forward to the way to a brighter future.

I hope that many of you like Knyh can draw inspiration from these ideas and help create something great. In the meantime, I've had another idea to help pull the community together. I recommend we all contribute to this most important and highly informative thread. You have the power!
Jurgen Smith
Quizaboom
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:15 pm Reply with quote

I just want to highlight one of the points Jippy made in that opening post.

We all expect this site to come back to life, and want it to, yet the majority of members refuse to show any respect to a new member here, and this starts to discourage people from staying. If we want life here, we need new members to come - and then stay.

That's all I have for now, I might be back with more.
Roxie Bauer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:47 pm Reply with quote

Yummytummy Burritos wrote:
A new Comic Maker or 2 is definitely a good idea, but hardly anyone has any comic ideas now D:

Not to suggest myself, but I am one of many who do have ideas. I'm waiting for the appropriate time. I consider myself, and others, active unofficial comic makers. The reason I haven't done another Flashback is because I'm working on my other series, and then I went on holiday.
Knyh Risotto
Bug Hunters Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:50 pm Reply with quote

One thing I was thinking of would be to lower standards slightly.

Rather than only going for the best, go for something more realistic, rather than perfect comic makers, how about a few that are good, but sometimes fail? Maybe even giving around 10 people 'comic maker' status to boost activity. Perhaps make CMU an application service of sorts, as you prove yourself, you gain ranks, and then become 'official' past a point?

Once activity kick-starts, perhaps then we can raise standards, by adding another tier to things, so some of the 'still-good-but-not-the-best' people get part of the action, but the best are still in a form of exclusivity.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:19 pm Reply with quote

Knyh Risotto wrote:
One thing I was thinking of would be to lower standards slightly.

Rather than only going for the best, go for something more realistic, rather than perfect comic makers, how about a few that are good, but sometimes fail? Maybe even giving around 10 people 'comic maker' status to boost activity. Perhaps make CMU an application service of sorts, as you prove yourself, you gain ranks, and then become 'official' past a point?

Once activity kick-starts, perhaps then we can raise standards, by adding another tier to things, so some of the 'still-good-but-not-the-best' people get part of the action, but the best are still in a form of exclusivity.

I think there should only be so many official comic makers at a time, maybe 15, and if Warbears regains popularity we could boost it to 20 or 25 depending on the remaining people, but if one quits/is perma'd/becomes inactive we can replace them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index : Warbears -> General WB Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: