Warbears.com
Warbear
Bedtime City Missions Shop Forum
 Forum Rules   FAQ   Search   

What can we do?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index : Warbears -> General WB Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Can warbears.com be saved?
No ending time set.
Together we can bring warbears back from the brink!
63%
 63%  [ 19 ]
I just don't know anymore...
23%
 23%  [ 7 ]
lulz no.
13%
 13%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 30

Daredevil Anderson

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:27 pm Reply with quote

Yummytummy Burritos wrote:
A new Comic Maker or 2 is definitely a good idea, but hardly anyone has any comic ideas now D:

Maybe there are people like me, have ideas, just too lazy to make them.
But I plan on making a few soon, but I need actors.
Rowena Svoltaire
Quizaboom
Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:10 pm Reply with quote

Knyh Risotto wrote:
As for RAF, i've asked if I could host, yet received no reply due to the demise of certain people, i'm still ready for that.

Well instead of just sitting there content with no reply you could've just gone to somebody else Kawaii

An issue with a lot of the games is not who will host them but who will play them haha, but obviously I'm happy to have them done. So yeah PM me whenever dude

Location: The land of Köttbullar and Smörgåsbord, and epic guys with beards and hats

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:43 pm Reply with quote

Okay, here's my entry on the comic thingy: I can volunteer to write scripts and be an actor, but not to make them myself. I once wrote a 20+ page script for a school assignment with a friend, got an A on it, so my writing is pretty good. (I had an A in both Swedish and English this year). Once someone wants to start making comics, I can write scripts.
Crazyone Totoro

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:00 pm Reply with quote

Now THAT was some good inspirational writing and ideas, JP. Comics are rapidly dying, perhaps a thread devoted to comic ideas/script writing would help? Official comic makers are hard to come by now that there's a lack of people.

In fact, the entire problem centres around the fact that there is just nobody on anymore. All of those ideas could be implemented, work spectacularly, but honestly, how many people are active? 50? As many as that? I'm trying to be active but come August I don't know what might happen. Not exactly cut out to run a game/thread either, sad but true. Razz
Ioji has to save the site ultimately, we can do our best, but eventually, it will fail unless we have an active base of users who are willing to devote time to an active and happy site.

I really can't see a future here otherwise, but I wouldn't leave, I'd just be semi-active. Ioji, please update something!
Samsinater Totoro

Location: I'm not really at a location as the earth is constantly moving at a pace of over 107305 km per hour.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:26 pm Reply with quote

Alright, so I have several ideas/themes for RPs, but I really don't know who likes what, mainly out of people who would participate in such an RP. So, to solve this, I shall post some of my themes here, see if a few people have enough interest in one or another.

Fantasy theme: Your regular old "Medieval Ages" with magic and the such, with a not so regular plot. A bit done, but always fun if you do it right. Wink

Fantasy/pirate theme: Same world as above, but more centered on exploring about as pirates(more or less), basically meaning we pillage and plunder, until the real plot kicks in.

Modern day theme: Usually an easy one for beginners, with familiar terms and nothing too extreme. Actual plot can be taken several ways, I'll get back to that.

Futuristic theme: As many times as things such as these have been done, there are always infinite possibilities, because what lies ahead in the future is unknown. Again, several ways the plot can go, and I'll get back to that after people have given their opinions.

I might have a few more ideas in my head, I'll see if I can get those later. For now, opinions(please).

I used to feel like a man trapped inside a woman's body, but then I was born...

Save the trees! Wipe your bum with an owl!
Bjorn Harlan
Quizaboom
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:43 am Reply with quote

Nice thread.

Let's not forget kids, it's not people not hosting competitions or events, it's people not taking part.

That being said, you always end up playing the same games and the same contests. Try and invent a new game or something.

Comics though, yeah you just need inspiring to think of some new and far out ideas nobody has done yet. Push boundaries etc.

But what do I know, I don't come on anymore.

I hate you all, you're all horrible people and I hope you die posthaste.
Daredevil Anderson

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:18 am Reply with quote

Bjorn Harlan wrote:
Nice thread.

Let's not forget kids, it's not people not hosting competitions or events, it's people not taking part.

That being said, you always end up playing the same games and the same contests. Try and invent a new game or something.

Comics though, yeah you just need inspiring to think of some new and far out ideas nobody has done yet. Push boundaries etc.

But what do I know, I don't come on anymore.

I hate you all, you're all horrible people and I hope you die posthaste.

Love you too Bjorn.
And I couldn't agree more, the thing that put down most competitions was lack of participation. Course, I barely participated aswell, but that was the fact of me being a lazy bum.
Jonpatrick Smith

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:07 pm Reply with quote

In reply to many of the posts, yes I know that our major problem is that people lack the will to participate. The real point behind this thread is to try and help us remember that fact, that we the community are what makes this site what it is. I hoped that this might help inspire us to bind back together into the tight knit community we once were.

I know my ideas aren't much, just words waiting for action that may never come. In my head I know there's not much that can be done for Warbears at this point, but damn I gotta try. Maybe someone will read my words and find they can draw something from it. Knyhs started up a new Mafia and hey that's a start. So I'm gonna keep on thinking, and I hope you all do too.

EDIT: New Ideas and a couple of updates added.

Last edited by jpyo on Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Samsinater Totoro

Location: I'm not really at a location as the earth is constantly moving at a pace of over 107305 km per hour.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:23 pm Reply with quote

Fantastic. The one thing I'm good at nobody cares about. Sigh.

Daredevil Anderson

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:40 pm Reply with quote

Samsinater Totoro wrote:
Fantastic. The one thing I'm good at nobody cares about. Sigh.

I'd love for it too happen, I just doubt it will, really.
Samsinater Totoro

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:02 pm Reply with quote

It already CAN happen, that's why I'm trying to get opinions!! That's why this is a community thing, I get the community's opinions, and from that create the RP. it's only difficult if people don't give opinions! Oy. -.-

Daredevil Anderson

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:05 pm Reply with quote

Samsinater Totoro wrote:
It already CAN happen, that's why I'm trying to get opinions!! That's why this is a community thing, I get the community's opinions, and from that create the RP. it's only difficult if people don't give opinions! Oy. -.-

I could really just invision it turning into a flame war over something someone did in the Roleplay, or someone not using any grammar, etc
Jonpatrick Smith

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:09 pm Reply with quote

And that's why I think we should at least get one trial Roleplay out there, to determine if we the community would be mature enough to play correctly without flipping out.
Knyh Risotto
Bug Hunters Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:10 pm Reply with quote

I suggest someone approaches a moderator about a roleplay immediately, rather than waiting for them to approach someone themselves.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:25 pm Reply with quote

Well, where's Ben then?

And Dare, when I talk about grammar, I'm not having a strict "absolutely NO screw-ups with grammar or else your banned" thing, I just really don't want there to be tons of run-on sentences that are completely illegible, due to a complete lack of commas and peirods, because that really puts a downpour on the whole thing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index : Warbears -> General WB Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: