Forum Rules   FAQ   Search   

Werewolves ~ Mafia Game
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Knyh Risotto
Bug Hunters Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:12 pm Reply with quote

NOTICE

Since people seem to want Roleplays, I would love it if you tried some decent roleplaying in this, with the Mafia game as a means of keeping the plot going. If you like roleplaying and/or are good at it, please join!

How to play:

The game is divided into Day and Night phases. During the Day phase, the Townies try to root out the evil in their town by voting to lynch another player, hopefully to eliminate a Werewolf or the Arsonist from the game, or at the very least gain a little information that will help them discover who is on what side. During the Night phase, the Werewolves communicate with one another (they know each other's identities), and select one victim to kill. The Arsonist performs their action at night, also. The game alternates between Day and Night, until one team meets its winning conditions. Pointing at a target in the Day is done in the following format:
Code:
[color=red]YOUR TARGET HERE! =D [/color]

Please stick to this code, as all points not in this format will be ignored (Variants of red are fine, but red only). At night, the Werewolves will make a decision among themselves, and the boss will PM me with their decision. That person dies, unless they are Protected. Protected Players cannot be killed, and should they be targeted by anything, nothing will happen, e.g. investigation leads to no results. Players can also be Silenced , meaning they are not allowed to talk about the Game anywhere for the entire Phase, and can only vote via PM. Silenced players cannot tell others they were silenced, only that player and the Host knows, and whomever silenced them, but the fact someone was silenced will be revealed at the end of the Phase. Breaking a silence rule leads to Auto-lynch, in a very gory, humiliating fashion. I will PM you should you be silenced. As always, should you fail to submit a lynch vote two days in a row, you will be auto-lynched from the game. Should you be unable to vote at any time for a viable reason, you can notify me and I won't auto-lynch you, but I will not accept any votes from you for during that time.

Details

Phases will last the usual of two-three days (maybe a rare four), with a cut off point at Midday (GMT), so I have the rest of that day to mess with some story ideas, and count the points made late in the phase. Action priority is in the order below.

Barman
Inventor
Protectors (Baker, Doctor)
Kills (Arsonist, Werewolves in that order)
Silencers
Visit seers
Investigations
Recruitments

After death, you can post ONCE as a last rites thing, but should not post again, except if you have a valid reason. Failure to follow this rule will lead to banination from the thread. Ghosts aren’t real, they tell nothing, so please don't spoil anything, either. If you do I will not accept you in any of my future forum games.

To sign up simply post the words I’ll play in this thread IN PINK. Sign ups not in pink will be ignored (Unless you're a mod and add yourself to the list). This is to see if you actually read the first post.

Recruitment will last a week (ending 1st May) . More if we need extra players.

Roles:

The town(up to 13+):
    Cop(1) - Investigates a single Player each night, and is told their Team only.
    Vigilante(1) - Has one kill, any phase, whenever, whomever. No questions asked.
    Double voter(1) - Each vote counts as two.
    The Twins(2) - Two players, who can communicate outside the thread. In any two day phases, they can PM me a name (Both must, for confirmation), and that person will receive an extra vote against them. This does NOT have to be the same as whom either has voted for.
    The Inventor(1) - Has three items, and can use them at any time, each only once, on anybody. He cannot use items consecutively. Each does a different random action on his/her target. (Hammer of Mystery, Bewildered Lego Smuggler and Ultra Afro Beatdown, don't ask Razz)
    The Baker(1) - During the night, the baker chooses one player to be the recipient of a loaf of bread. If they are targeted that night, the baker receives the action .e.g., if the baker gives the player the Werewolves wish to kill the loaf, the baker dies. He must do this at least every other night, and cannot give it to the same person consecutively.
    The Barman(1) - Swaps two players in the night. e.g., if one is investigated, s/he comes up as the other.
    The Hunter(1) - Can choose one person to take with them when (s)he dies. Their choice dies the next night. If no choice is submitted, a random player will die, doubly likely to be a townie.
    Doctor(1) - Hero-For-Hire. Protects one player each night from a Night Kill
    Mayor(1) - Can stop one lynching, and when he dies, the next day phase is spent mourning him (no lynch).
    Village Idiot(1) - Thinks he's the cop, but results are random.
    Siblings(1) - One townie and a random Werewolf. When one dies, the other commits suicide the next night. They know whom the other is.
    If there are more players than roles, suggestions for new power roles are welcome, otherwise, the standard vanilla role will be used
    The Townies win if they eliminate all of the Werewolves and the Arsonist. Communicate in the thread only.

The Werewolves( up to 7+):
    The Detective(1) - Same as the Cop, but works for the Werewolves. He is anonymous and knows nobody’s role at the start. He can communicate with his findings, only if they are of the Werewolves. They may then tell him the URL of their forum.
    Number 1(1) - The Leader of the Werewolves sends the teams action each night, investigating him shows him as a random townie role. The Werewolves can elect a new leader, if they want to, should they not agree with his decisions or when he dies.
    The Joker(1) - This player has a 50/50 (coin toss) chance to kill whomever targets them (Kill/Protect/silence actions only), and they die too. Should this be unsuccessful, the action continues and nobody dies (unless that's the intention Wink)
    The Whistler(1) - Can recruit one person into the Werewolves at any time, and they keep any power they may have. Dies if he targets the Arsonist.
    The Alchemist(1) – Silences one person per night, but does not have to.
    The Stalker(1) - Can see who a person visits in the night (e.g. If the Stalker chooses the Barman, and he swaps A with B, the Stalker gets sent a PM saying 'A,B')
    Siblings(1) - One townie and a random Werewolf. When one dies, the other commits suicide the next night. They know whom the other is.
    If there are more players than roles, suggestions for new power roles are welcome, otherwise, the standard vanilla role will be used
    The Werewolves win if they have more than or equal to members of the Townies, and the Arsonist is dead. They have an off site forum for communication, the link to which will be PM'd to them with their role.

The Arsonist(1):
    Arsonist(1) - They can target one player each night phase to kill. Must do this every night, or he/she dies.
    Wins should (s)he be in the final five

Detailed information will be sent along with your role. If you do not understand anything, or think something is ambiguous, tell me ASAP!
Right now, changes can be made, so PM me if you have ideas, and feel free to ask if unsure about anything.

Players:
    Jurgen
    Leeeroy
    Globox
    Yummyyy
    Bjorn
    Trick
    Twigglet
    Zeus
    Hank
    Pepper
    Timotini
    Ben Wazowski
    John 'Table Flipper' Patrick
    Simon

Last edited by deamon on Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:46 pm; edited 3 times in total
Leroy Simpson

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:17 pm Reply with quote

I’ll play or possibly I'll play

Location: The land of Köttbullar and Smörgåsbord, and epic guys with beards and hats

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:32 pm Reply with quote

I'll play
Yummytummy Burritos

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:33 pm Reply with quote

Yeah go on then.
Bjorn Harlan
Quizaboom
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:44 pm Reply with quote

Technically this is violet but whatever.
Trick Brancacane

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:21 pm Reply with quote

I'm a pretty girl.
Roxie Bauer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:21 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for the excuse to write in pink, Knyh <3

oh yeah also I'm in.
Zeus Simpson

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:19 pm Reply with quote

I drive into the town and is surrounded by beasts like werewolves, zombies and werewolves. As they surround me I shout into the air...

Aaaaw, yeah! Lets do this!

Last edited by auzzie17 on Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Hank Calothycos

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:01 pm Reply with quote

I LIKE PIE!
Pepper Brancacane

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:33 pm Reply with quote

I didn't read the first post
Timotini Mazinga

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:26 pm Reply with quote

Play, I shall.

Special thanks to Tango!
Hank Calothycos

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:43 pm Reply with quote

wait, i don't get it. if the cop gets his team called, wont he know who is WW by knowing who ISNT?
Knyh Risotto
Bug Hunters Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:46 pm Reply with quote

Hank Calothycos wrote:
wait, i don't get it. if the cop gets his team called, wont he know who is WW by knowing who ISNT?

By that I mean, if he investigated Jurgen and he was a werewolf, the cop would be sent back 'Werewolf' and nothing more.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:19 am Reply with quote

Oh.
Well i hope i be the idiot.
The role fits me.
Jonpatrick Smith

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:35 am Reply with quote

I want to play(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index : Other Stuff -> Forum Games All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: