Warbears.com
Warbear
Bedtime City Missions Shop Forum
 Forum Rules   FAQ   Search   

Official Warbears Youtube Channel?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index : Warbears -> General WB Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Warts Smith
Comic Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:23 am Reply with quote

Flsurfergirl Lebowski wrote:
Flsurfergirl Lebowski on the first page wrote:
A good idea would be to have a WB Videomakers group.

(possibly a competition?) to make promotion videos for the site?

COUGH.

I'd be a joint account and I'd give the information to the videomakers that get picked if we ever do a competition to create a WB promotion video. We can pick around 5ish, depending on how many people are interested

Heheheh... Uhoh

Well let's seek permission and see where it goes from there.
Bug Hunters Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:34 am Reply with quote

It'd be quite fun to make videos for a channel. Although, they must be good, to be honest. Nothing that's just... turning the camera on and filming for a while. That's boring.
Daredevil Anderson

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:14 pm Reply with quote

Not what I record. Whistle
Warts Smith
Comic Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:13 pm Reply with quote

Daredevil Anderson wrote:

Err, let's discuss something different DD. Save that for your poker night with Poison and Bjorn.

Funny, may I ask for a link for a recording software. I was going to get hypercam 2, but I noticed the reviews about peoples' computers crashing, and I'm a tad hesitant on it now.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:30 pm Reply with quote

Warts Smith wrote:
Daredevil Anderson wrote:

Err, let's discuss something different DD. Save that for your poker night with Poison and Bjorn.

Funny, may I ask for a link for a recording software. I was going to get hypercam 2, but I noticed the reviews about peoples' computers crashing, and I'm a tad hesitant on it now.

Grin grin
http://camstudio.org/
Constance Anderson

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:47 am Reply with quote

My first video about WB.
Ninja Panzerotten

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:37 am Reply with quote

Nice video, though you should warn people about the SL spoliers. ;o
Captin Simpson
Bug Hunters Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:13 pm Reply with quote

(Completely uninterested in working on this but I applaud anyone who are, just want to make that clear)

I'm not so sure. I mean, this website is about an online game made by a small team of people trying to get as much fun as possible out of it. I'm not so sure that YouTube productions are needed at all plus I can think of several more things social media can do on this website; no facebook/twitter integration; a horrid facebook group page which could be so much lively; unhelpful and shockingly unfriendly community, etc.

It just seems to be a long shot at a fame which simply doesn't work with half hearted attempts. I'm not against this per se but I can say that there can be things that are probably more effective and less taxing on people.

You are all simply trying too hard.

Warts Smith wrote:
Here's Mike's video.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_ll8gQXIaA
If this is the standard, it's not going to happen.
Flsurfergirl Lebowski

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:24 pm Reply with quote

Then what do you propose? Since making a Youtube channel is obviously repulsive in your eyes and that you have not even the slightest motivation to AT LEAST give it a try, you must have a better idea that is way beyond this.

This is just simply a trial and error type of thing. This idea also gives people in our community to interact with others to help create media to try and help the site out. Since you are very artistic, I would think you'd strive towards the idea of making a channel for the site.

I understand your uncertainty with it, but anything we put out for the site is going to be a hit or miss. We are trying our best to help out this site, if that's alright with you.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:45 pm Reply with quote

My new vid! I will make new videos everyday until 2 January and I'll make videos every Saturday/Friday/Sunday.
Funny Lebowski
Bug Hunters Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:04 pm Reply with quote

Constance Anderson wrote:
My new vid! I will make new videos everyday until 2 January and I'll make videos every Saturday/Friday/Sunday.

I... honestly doubt you will. Plus, I'd prefer it if you actually made a video that you took your time over, as, right now, it's pretty slow and not very interesting.

It'd be better if people learnt how to make better videos rather than just writing a script than reeling out lines while recording. It's like with a comic - just saying lines is... boring.
Constance Anderson

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:12 pm Reply with quote

Did you turn the speakers on? There's music in it somewhere.

I'll add a nuclear explosion scene in the next video.
Funny Lebowski
Bug Hunters Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:15 pm Reply with quote

No no no, that's not what I mean. Just clipping videos is easy! Having little effects in there and things would make it so much better.
Captin Simpson
Bug Hunters Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:28 pm Reply with quote

Then what do you propose? Since making a Youtube channel is obviously repulsive in your eyes and that you have not even the slightest motivation to AT LEAST give it a try, you must have a better idea that is way beyond this.

This is just simply a trial and error type of thing. This idea also gives people in our community to interact with others to help create media to try and help the site out. Since you are very artistic, I would think you'd strive towards the idea of making a channel for the site.

I understand your uncertainty with it, but anything we put out for the site is going to be a hit or miss. We are trying our best to help out this site, if that's alright with you.
Firstly, I didn't say that it was a bad idea; I intended to say that there is far more effective things that can be done with a smaller amount of people and a smaller amount of time. With this, there are too many things to consider and at the moment, these one man jobs are not that great. When I see a collaborated effort, perhaps I may have a difference of opinion.

As for the things I would suggest, most are things which have been around for at least a year and I'm surprised this website hasn't jumped on. Things like connection to Facebook and Twitter in the games particularly the puzzle mission which is just begging for it. It could be as simple as posting a high score and asking friends to try and beat it. Little things which entice players. Perhaps having a 'like' page on Facebook which would be updated every so often with suggestions to forum topics or little notes about new comics etc. I'm interested in your ideas on that but, for now, I'm not keen on the usage of YouTube at all.

(btw, the reason for my lack of interest isn't because of my uncertainty on the idea but rather the lack of creativity to do it but, again, I wish everyone who is creative to do it the best of luck)
Zick Burritos

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:35 pm Reply with quote

i use camstudio but when i make a video and try to save the video
it doesn't work anyone know why
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index : Warbears -> General WB Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: