Warbears.com
Warbear
Bedtime City Missions Shop Forum
 Forum Rules   FAQ   Search   

WMD13
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index : Other Stuff -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

DID YOU REMEMBER?
No ending time set.
NO
30%
 30%  [ 4 ]
I AM JON, TWIGGLET OR ELIZZABETH
69%
 69%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 13

Roxie Bauer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:03 pm Reply with quote

Summer time 2011. The birds are singing and the flowers fluttering in the wind of the park. Noobs are pretending to be trees with their age old "lul look i am speeking tree!!!!1". Jurgen, before he was a mod, is dancing on the wooden stand.
5 minutes to go.
Over in the bar, Jonpatrick and Zane are clinking their beers together before downing them in one, the emo corner is being argued over ownership of and Leroy continues to sit on his stool and tell tall tales about Puck.
4 minutes to go.
Pepper is showing newer members the lava lounge glitch while enjoying a warm lava cocktail. They all stand around glowing while some of the older members such as Susanna and Elizzabeth sit on the beanbags, chatting about anime or something.
3 minutes to go.
A comic is being made at the park, and 12 year old boys are telling each other poo jokes while sitting in the holes. Globox relaxes on the wooden chairs, licking away at an icecream while talking to Trick.
2 minutes to go.
Quizaboom lobby. People are just chillaxing, pretending to be waiting for a bus. Oscar sits so only the top part of his head is visible due to the wall blocking it, making witty remarks every now and again.
1 minute to go.
Various quizaboom members are playing, but mainly losing due to two other people playing. The first is Tango, sitting at number 8, answering "PESO" to the category "geography" and winning before the question was even asked. However, if it weren't for the person sat at the Number-Seven-Stall, Tango himself would be there.
30 seconds to go.
Player #7's black trousers, made for the comfort of those who sit around for hours, are wary from all the use they've been through.
15 seconds to go
His golden yellow long-sleeved shirt rustles around as he hits the buzzer before anybody else even registers the question, answering with style
5 seconds to go
A small smile appears on his face. He knows what is about to happen. His messy brown hair matching perfectly to his golden tan, he gives a little wink as the the countdown hits 0
00:00am
It's his birthday. Sobchak's birthday.
And everybody knows what happens on Sobchak's birthday

MEMBERS FROM ALL TIME PERIODS FILL THE ROOM, ALL OF THEM WEARING SOME KIND OF GREEN AND RED MIXTURE. THEY ALL SCREAM, WHILE EATING THE TASTIEST OF ALL THE FRUITS - THE MOST SUMMERY OF ALL THE FRUITS. YES, IT'S THAT DAY.

A day that now most of us have forgotten.

I'm disappointed with all of you; I genuinely am. I know we missed it last year because BTC was down then too, but this is pure laziness. You all say you want BTC back but you can't even remember our very own version of Christmas, basically, that only happens once a year, on August the 30th. I'm ashamed that you still call yourselves fans. I'm proud of Jonpatrick and Elizzabeth for remembering the most important day. However, in a nicer ligh, this day is in fact, a time of loving and sharing so don't forget to send your cards, give each other hugs and kisses and spend time together as one BIG family!

so basically,

happy WATERMELONDAY2013

Have a good one <3

EXPLANATION AND HISTORY FOR THOSE WHO DON'T KNOW WHAT WATERMELON DAY IS:

Watermelon day has been around for as long as I can remember. From my first year in Warbears, people were celebrating it. I can remember my first. I was like "hay wat is up with all teh red and grenz????" to people wearing red and green, back in my old nooby says (sometimes I question if I ever left them). Basically, Sobchak Lebowski was born a good (INSERT NUMBER HERE) years ago, on the 30th of August - since he's a popular player, you'd think he'd be all about getting the birthday beers people usually get, but no. Sobchak changed it into a holiday for everybody to enjoy by just one day claiming it was "Watermelon day" and wearing red and green. People soon copied him, and it stuck. It's called watermelon day not just because of the colours, but because August the 30th is the last day of summer - the 31st doesn't count - and thus, the last time you can truly eat a summer watermelon. To celebrate the great summer that has passed, and to hope for an even greater fall, we all eat watermelons and dance and wear red and green - it's a tradition. It's like a Warbears Christmas - except in the summer, and it wasn't QUITE Jesus' birthday, despite what Rowena might tell you about Sob Wink

Every year it's celebrated - even last year, when we thought it would be cancelled due to BTC being down before. We celebrated it in the end and it was great! Just like always. This year it was forgotten by most people, and even some of the people who remembered had a bit of a nudge from me (although no doubt some remembered on their own). Basically, Watermelon Day was the tradition in Warbears - and it was great. And it will continue to be great when Ioji gets Warbears back up.

Last edited by twigglet9 on Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:25 am; edited 2 times in total
Ellie Cola

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:07 pm Reply with quote

AGH NO HOW DID I NOT REMEMBER!!

HAPPY WATERMELON DAY AND STUFF GUYS<3
Jonpatrick Smith

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:29 pm Reply with quote

WE ARE THE 33.333%

But in all seriousness, happy Watermelon Day everyone here's hoping we get some good news on BTC soon.
Ironwolfman Smith

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:51 am Reply with quote

watermelon day?
Labana House

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:24 am Reply with quote

I hardly celebrate watermelon day..
Roxie Bauer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:11 am Reply with quote

Ironwolfman Smith wrote:
watermelon day?

Am I the only one who thinks this quote quite sad?
Knyh Risotto
Bug Hunters Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:57 am Reply with quote

arghhhooo kep dis in btc kk thnx

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:18 am Reply with quote

I miss Shirley.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:03 am Reply with quote

Knyh Risotto wrote:
arghhhooo kep dis in btc kk thnx

Watermelon Day is not only moderator approved but I believe even Ioji approved. Plus, BTC is down
Ironwolfman Smith

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:28 pm Reply with quote

Can I make my own celebration?
Whocares Totoro

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:22 pm Reply with quote

Happy watermelon day... If not late. Heh Uhoh
Sobchak Lebowski
Translators Team

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:05 pm Reply with quote

Happy Watermelon Day 2013 guys, also yeah I believe this is Ioji approved but regarding moderation it really depends on who's doing the annual shift, shout-outs to Ben
Mcrfreak Simpson
Bug Hunters Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:52 pm Reply with quote

Happy Watermelon Day everyone Smile I still remember the very first <3
Niall Calothycos

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:39 pm Reply with quote

I will always continue to be the party pooper. Every holiday needs one.
Comic Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:19 pm Reply with quote

I learned recently that it was Sob's birthday. When BTC was on, I was wearing red and green clothes but I didn't know why, lol.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index : Other Stuff -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: