Warbears.com
Warbear
Bedtime City Missions Shop Forum
 Forum Rules   FAQ   Search   

Xbox One vs PS4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index : Other Stuff -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Xbox One or Ps4
No ending time set.
Xbox One!
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
PS4!
27%
 27%  [ 6 ]
PC!
36%
 36%  [ 8 ]
I don't care!
27%
 27%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 22

Teastrings Zoidberg

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:26 am Reply with quote

Leroy Simpson wrote:
Ninjabear Simpson wrote:
I don't like playing on PC, I have no knowledge about how to upgrade it the way I want and I don't want this knowledge. Graphics are good on XBOX ONE and I prefer games on it.

What about the Ouya?

nooooooo nononononono ouya is an android-based console with very few games developed for it, honestly not worth the 100 bucks but definitely good for a family.

also ps4 has changeable hdds Wink

building pc's are fairly simple, it's just making sure you've screwed everything in, organised all the wires and made sure you haven't forgotten something. building pc's can also be dangerous though, if you don't wear a static energy band you can get electrocuted. and gpu's aren't cheap nowadays. a decent one to run bf4 on max would cost around 200 bucks.

developing games on pc is a lot more simpler than developing on consoles. mods are a plus about pc gaming. steam is available on ps3 but only for linking.
Knyh Risotto
Bug Hunters Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:07 pm Reply with quote

Teastrings Zoidberg wrote:
if you don't wear a static energy band you can get electrocuted
Static discharge tends to damage components which is why you ground yourself, not because it electrocutes you.
Translators Team

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:52 pm Reply with quote

Also, "Developing games on PC" as you say is actually more difficult than making games for a console. If you're developing exclusively for the PS4 for example then all of your users' machines will have the same hardware. If you're developing for PC you've got to take in account the fact that users can have a wide variety of different set-ups.
Ox Simpson

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:02 pm Reply with quote

Teastrings Zoidberg wrote:
building pc's can also be dangerous though
gpu's aren't cheap nowadays. a decent one to run bf4 on max would cost around 200 bucks.

developing games on pc is a lot more simpler than developing on consoles.

The only thing dangerous about PCs is possibly a sharp edge(?) on a part. Even then, it's just making sure you pay attention to the part.

I'm not sure where you're getting GPU stats. There are plenty of fine GPUs for less than 200 that will run the "BF4: Official GPU Tester" just fine.

No, it isn't "simple." Both are challenging tasks that take quite awhile to achieve a playable application. Being an amateur game developer, creating applications for PCs is very difficult. If you'd like to see it for yourself, there are quite a few online resources to get started.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Labana House

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:22 pm Reply with quote

Now the real question.Do any of you even use other game consoles except playstation and xbox ? I never hear anyone saying they have a wii or something.
Globox Simpson

Location: The land of Köttbullar and Smörgåsbord, and epic guys with beards and hats

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:52 pm Reply with quote

Labana House wrote:
Now the real question.Do any of you even use other game consoles except playstation and xbox ? I never hear anyone saying they have a wii or something.

I use my Wii to play the Ace Attorney games and watch Netflix, then I have a 3DS for Pokemon and Animal Crossing. Other than that, PC gaming is my way of life.
Labana House

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:46 pm Reply with quote

Globox Simpson wrote:
Labana House wrote:

I use my Wii to play the Ace Attorney games and watch Netflix, then I have a 3DS for Pokemon and Animal Crossing. Other than that, PC gaming is my way of life.

I see.Say Globoxy,why do people rarely talk about the other consoles?I mean everyone knows of wii or DS but I never hear people disusing games for it especially for wii.Are they not interesting?
Globox Simpson

Location: The land of Köttbullar and Smörgåsbord, and epic guys with beards and hats

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:54 pm Reply with quote

Labana House wrote:
Globox Simpson wrote:
Labana House wrote:

I see.Say Globoxy,why do people rarely talk about the other consoles?I mean everyone knows of wii or DS but I never hear people disusing games for it especially for wii.Are they not interesting?

Most of the "big games" are released on Xbox and Playstation, so Nintendo consoles are usually "pushed aside", so to speak. They have really good games, though. In the case of the Wii... it's practically dead. Nintendo has stopped making new ones since a Wii U can do everything the Wii did, and more.
Ninjabear Simpson
Comic Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:38 pm Reply with quote

I have a 3DS on which I play Pokémon, Layton, Phoenix Wight, Inazuma Eleven, etc...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index : Other Stuff -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: