Warbears.com
Warbear
Bedtime City Missions Shop Forum
 Forum Rules   FAQ   Search   

Anti-Bullying Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index : Other Stuff -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Have you ever been bullied?
No ending time set.
yes
80%
 80%  [ 12 ]
no
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 15

Sobchak Lebowski
Translators Team

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:15 am Reply with quote

Guide on how to deal with bullying:

1. Wait until it goes away. There'll be some crying but it's good to cry when it's needed. It won't stand up in court though

2. A whoooole bunch of years later, once you've reached adulthood and hopefully been able to attain some level of success regarding step 1 (Bullying no longer being a significant part of your environment), take a look back at your teenage years and realize the hate and the anger, and the sadness, frustration, that imaginary wall you set around to dull the senses, all these coping tools you used back then are no longer a necessity. All the while holding no resentment, but instead solemn appreciation for the past, for it has shaped who you are. There'll be some crying here too but it's more the liberating kind
Trick Brancacane

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:41 am Reply with quote

Ironwolfman Smith wrote:
@Trick: Only a complete moron would bully in an Anti-Bully Thread. Rolling Eyes

If you believe that I was going to bully Ellie then ohmygod.

Suicide shouldn't be tolerated in any situation and I'm sorry if I sounded too harsh for all of you. That's just how I am.

Also mods, if you're going to delete a post then please, deal with any mentions of it as you like or don't delete it at all.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:36 pm Reply with quote

Thanks Ben. Pray

Warrior, I can totally relate with you. <=)

I'm glad this topic is here, although I'm surprised no one hasn't talked about Cyber Bullying yet.

Anyone have any stories, I'll be glad to share some too. Soo happy
Timotini Mazinga

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:36 pm Reply with quote

Well, heck, I may as well share a story of mine that had a physical impact on me. Bullying is EXTREMELY bad, especially at young ages. We, humans, are like pigs, studies show. Pigs have been tested. Pigs that were traumatized when young had memory and logic problems, the ones that had a an OK childhood were smart and had good memory(for a pig of course)

When I was small I used to hesitate a bit when using the restrooms at my school, mainly because of bullies, but some days, this man just had to go.
On one occasion, I was just doing my business and 2 bullies just kept opening and closing the door and looking at me and laughing. (Which is amazingly stupid since it's human to pee or poop)
More than just once, I was just peeing (while standing) and 2 bullies climbed the stall near me and looked at me peeing from above, and I instantly stopped peeing and rushed to put my "love muscle" back in my trousers. Then after, they would laugh at me and tell the whole school I had a small thingy, even tough it wasn't, it was just plain standard. This left me with, so far, permanent trauma and it actually caused me to have a disease. I have now lost my ability to pee while standing and pee at all when I am angry or stressed. Because of that, I ended up in hospital, with a catheter (I pray to whatever deity there is out there, if there is, that you never ever have to get a catheter, it is by far one of the worst experiences a man can have), I was 30 minutes away from death since my bladder could burst (and 2.1l of pee would go in my blood) and I am still sick to this day, I'm constantly changing treatments and they work for a while then they go useless again. Sometimes it takes me 30 minutes to pee, I have to be in a shower, and I am always at risk of having one of these jams, and if I do not have my required surroundings, and I keep it in for too long, I risk the catheter once more.
Needless to say using a public restroom became almost impossible for me.

THINK TWICE BEFORE BULLYING SOMEONE.
You can leave them with permanent scarring, not only mental, but also physical.

Tiny advice: Do sports as early as you can, especially swimming. Sports and swimming really help your body and muscles grow, and nobody bullies a big, tough kid. Just be careful not to be a bully yourself. What you could do is stand up for the weaker ones that get bullied. Having someone stand up for you is...hell, amazing. It makes you feel like there's someone that gives an actual damn and you're gonna make someone's life much better.

Special thanks to Tango!
Liena Totoro

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:23 pm Reply with quote

So, I'll admit I've read this thread and I've personally never really been bullied to an extent that it's really affected me, but my brother has.

He's had social anxiety problems since he started middle school (we're both in high school now) and he's prone to panic attacks and violent fits of rage. He'll go off at the drop of a pin and usually it's because I'll say something a bit too sarcastically or just a bit too mean. I've always wondered why it bothered him so much. I've always been kidding when I said something and afterall, I'm his sister.

Today at band, a girl who I've known since kindergarten came up to me. She started telling me that a trumpet player had called my brother 'fat' and she had in turn yelled at the trumpet player. Both of us know what it is like to be called names, especially that one, so when she told me I was absolutely infuriated. I wanted to know who it was that was picking on my little brother. She said she would point the trumpet player out to me later, so I started rehearsing a little speech for him/her when I got to talk to them.

On the way home, I asked my brother who had called him 'fat.' It ended up being one of his so-called "friends," which upset me even more. He said that it had happened in the morning and that when his "friend" had followed them to lunch, he told him to get the hell out of the restaurant. He then went on to say to me that he struggled with his friends calling him the 'fat kid.' He told me that he used to laugh when they called him the 'fat kid' that so that he wouldn't kill himself.

Now, this isn't the first time my brother's mentioned suicide, but it was the first time I knew he was serious. He's always using it as a threat or an insult which is nothing to joke about. But this time it struck a chord with me. My brother had wanted to kill himself because of something that his friends were calling him. He said that he got mad now whenever they called him that and that they "didn't understand why he was getting mad now when [he] used to think it was funny."

What kind of person actually gets off on calling someone names? Seriously. Every person on the planet has their faults whether it's low self-esteem, too much of an ego, or a bad home life, as well as about a million other things. It doesn't matter if someone is laughing about you insulting them or crying. Bullying is bullying and there is no excuse. If you want to bully someone, bully me. I've never been bothered by anything that anyone has ever said to me. But if you start talking bad about my family or my brother, you're as good as dead to me, and I will fight you.

But the worst part of all? My brother told me not to stick up for him. That his "friend" had picked on him more because "he couldn't fight his own battles." That's when I got royally mad. If you're in a dark place, you're being bullied, all you want to do is push people away, do the exact opposite. There is always someone there for you, whether it's someone you least expect to help you or someone that's always been there. Us 'fat kids' have to stick together. If you've ever been called a name before and you know it doesn't bother you, then you need to stand up for those that it does bother. Help them. Because I will do anything to help my brother get away from these idiots and to help him start thinking positively about himself.

Rant over.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Roxie Bauer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:44 am Reply with quote

i'm not going to post much here because of a lot of personal reasons

but if you ever need anybody to talk to, don't just feel like you can come to me
if youve got a problem like this i WANT to help you, because no matter how much of an arse i am to you all, i still think of you as my friends

if you want my skype name or msn or whatever just pm me and you can have it. if i'm online, i'm always willing to talk to you about this stuff.

-Cw
Globox Simpson

Location: The land of Köttbullar and Smörgåsbord, and epic guys with beards and hats

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:09 pm Reply with quote

Well, story time. It's relatively complicated and I don't want to open too many old wounds, so therefore I'm just giving a quick summary.

Basically, in seventh grade, I made a lot of stupid decisions, and the people I thought were my best friends used that against me to screw around with me. It basically worked in such a way that if I disagreed with them or did anything at all, it was grounds for them to use physical violence or harm me verbally. That was by far the worst period of my life since I faced violence and verbal assaults from those I thought were my friends on a daily basis.

(Also during this part one of them asked me to take nude pictures of my sister, but that's not a story that belongs on Warbears)

So for about half a year, I was abused in different ways, got screwed over and had my heart broken twice because of these people. Then, something magic happened. First, the one who was the meanest to me quickly made new friends and started hanging out with them, and the other guy... Well, I have to say it could possibly be the greatest thing to happen to me ever.

The other guy began making friends with a girl named Julia (Who has meant so much to me I can't even begin to list it) and he gradually got nicer as I started making new friends. Then, summer vacation came around, and after that, it was like none of this had ever happened. I've forgiven all those who abused me, and one of them is even my best friend now.

I'd just like to tell everybody that it will get better sooner or later. Just don't give up. And to Julia: Thanks. You gave me so much and made my life so much better without knowing it yourself. We probably won't meet much again, so I wish you good luck wherever you go. Again, thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index : Other Stuff -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: