Warbears.com
Warbear
Bedtime City Missions Shop Forum
 Forum Rules   FAQ   Search   

Anti-Bullying Thread
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index : Other Stuff -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Have you ever been bullied?
No ending time set.
yes
80%
 80%  [ 12 ]
no
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 15

Ironwolfman Smith

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:38 am Reply with quote

There is to much bullying going on now a days we need to put a stop to this.

People are cutting themselves, killing themselves, ditching school, etc. And for what?? For the pleasure of some idiots?

I know sometimes you don't even realize what you're doing sometimes is bullying. But sometimes just saying" c'mon man" to somebody after they've done something makes them feel bad.

Please help people if you see them getting bullied. Don't just stand there. Act.

Please post your bullying stories here and how you dealt with it.

I was bullied too. And it wasn't just one guy it was about 4. Always calling me small, [insert various insults here], etc. I felt like the worst thing on the planet. I didn't want to go to school anymore . I told my mom and she told me to deal with it. It got worst after that. one of the guys started pushing me. I did nothing for about 3 weeks. Until one day I snapped pushed him into a desk. He came back with his back taped with that pain reliever band. They stopped bothering me after that. But I shouldn't have done what I did. It could have gotten worse for me pushing them back. I should have told a teacher ( Don't get me wrong if you snap you snap and there is nothing you can do about it.)

Please post in this topic.
Ellie Cola

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:22 pm Reply with quote

This is probably the longest post I've ever written..

I really hate talking about this sort of stuff because it upsets me so much to realize how cruel some people are and they really need to grow up and get a life.

So.. My story.. I don't want to say it all however I have been bullied in the past, quite badly in my first year of secondary school I will admit. It happens very rarely nowadays however as I moved schools and area's last year.. But some things do still bother me where I now live and I suppose they could be classed as bullying.. People talk about me behind my back a lot and it's horrible to find out what they say. As I said i'm not affected too much by this problem nowadays however it does sometimes happen. For example, the other day I was walking through the main grounds of my school to get to another lesson and I dropped my art book which held a lot of sheets in, and they flew everywhere.. I had to lean down and pick them all up again and as I did.. Yes, I could hear people laughing, It's like they don't even try to cover up the fact they find what you've done funny, they just laugh right out loud without a care in the world. I'm just going to be completely honest... I ask people questions a lot if they self injure or not and when they reply I never tell them if I do or not. But, Yeah. I do self injure. Very rarely, but I do. It started with just scratches from a compass or pin, but then after a while I started to use a sharpener blade, and thats the only thing I use. Just small cuts however, not huge deep ones. It's not that serious. I try my hardest not to self injure but when everything bottles up (By this I mean when other topics not related to bullying really get to me) it's just my way of letting out my emotions. Some people think it's a stupid idea, some understand. I see both points of view but when you start self injuring, I found it pretty hard to stop. I've tried to stop recently and i'm doing pretty well, I've stayed clean (Haven't self injured) in 2 weeks, which is pretty good, for me, as I used to do it often about 2 years ago.

You're right iron, These things do need to stop as it does have an impact on people, even the smallest of things can hurt a person, as you can see by my story.

"I could never go through with committing suicide, but if I saw a car heading towards me, I'm not sure if I would move out of the way"
-This quote I found on the internet. I remember it being my, catchphrase I suppose 2 years ago.

Please, never think of doing anything like this.

How I kept going:

- Listened to my favourite poem.
( To this day - By Shane Koyczan. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltun92DfnPY )
- Ignored the spiteful things people said, no matter how much they hurt me.
- Find a way of taking your emotions out of your brain ( Please NEVER self injure. It's not the right way to go and it'll cause more problems, and you don't want that,right?
- And always remember...
KEEP SMILING!
http://imgur.com/MWqlV4o
yes, that is me smiling
Globox Simpson

Location: The land of Köttbullar and Smörgåsbord, and epic guys with beards and hats

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:16 pm Reply with quote

Trick Brancacane wrote:
Sorry but you have to be an absolute moron to hurt yourself just because someone made fun of you.

Trick, I understand how you're thinking, but it is rather rude and disrespectful to Ellie when you say something like that to her. Could you please do it somewhere else, or preferrably not at all?
Ellie Cola

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:16 pm Reply with quote

Trick Brancacane wrote:
Sorry but you have to be an absolute moron to hurt yourself just because someone made fun of you.

If this is aimed at my previous post then...

Trick that is just a plain ignorant thing to say. I don't self injure because people 'make fun of me.' I self injure for reasons aside from bullying which you do not know about, and I did not post that to get spiteful comments like you have just made.
Labana House

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:38 pm Reply with quote

I'm actually still bullied but not as much as a few years ago.
And even though bullying like saying im ugly,stupid was one thing that I tried to ignore eventually they began making fun of me being from a broken family or not having any siblings wich is actually a very cruel mean to bully someone..well in my opinion atleast.Eventually the bulying got into my head,being told about it every single day i started to belive everything people told me i stopped talking to people going out smiling even asking if i can work alone and not in a group wich i used to love to work with.eventually the pressure also got into me thinking about attemting suicide wich failed but there were a lot of other reasons too so lets not talk about that.

Anyway bullying is a very horrible thing wich people do mostly to feel good about themselves.So yes you can help someone by telling a person to stop or calling a teacher even if the teacher wont say anything the bully might stop of being afraid to have contact with an adult.

And Trick,the thing you said was very mean even if it was intended as a joke.If people keep telling you one thing over and over again eventually the person might start beliving it wich will lower their thoughts about themself and get them in depression,especelly if they dont have anyone to talk to about this or do something to make it stop.
Katz Giffuri

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:39 pm Reply with quote

I have many stories of bullying. But I'm only telling the reasons why I'm being bullied.

If some of you don't know, I'm young. About the same age as Ellie. (I luw you bby Kawaii) I'm also Asian. I was born in the Philippines and moved to America in 2005. So I did NOT learn English until a little longer through the years. I started in Kindergarten and through about 4th grade I was doing fine, no bullying, no harassing, no cutting, etc. It all started in 4th grade to this day. The sad things about me is that 95% of my friends are girls. People tell me why I hang out with girls if I'm a boy. I always tell them that girls take in friends a lot nicer than most guys. For this reason, lots of boys make fun of me for hanging out with girls and calling me gay, a girl, and so much hurtful things. I was also known to cause a lot of attention to myself. People say I'm really funny but I don't believe them. But when I "goof" around, people would say how stupid I sound and how ridiculous the things I say are. My friends make fun of me in a good way and say how I say some words weirdly, like caramel I say (care-ah-mel) instead of (kar-mal) as some people say. It's embarrassing how I can't say much things correctly. So many of my friends and other peers say I'm extremely annoying at times. I agree, but it hurts my feelings even more when my family calls me annoying at times. I would usually deal with these problems by just crying in my room. (I'm an EXTREMELY sensitive person.) But as I gained more friends and became more social, people made fun of me even more for liking different things like Spongebob, they still call me a kid and immature. But I've learned to just ignore the people trying to put me down, or just come back at them with full force. So I've been doing well, and I just deal with them instead of letting other people stand up for me. Which is perfectly fine, but I love to insult them back. Very Happy

I hope this wasn't my life story and that this is just some things that people bully me for. These things have made me stronger and made me way more powerful amongst my enemies and the ones I deceive.

How To Deal With Bullies And Enemies...

~NEVER, EVER cut yourself. It may feel good for the pain to release from your body, but it's best to leave it in. I know it sounds crazy, but the pain will go away. And it will make you STRONGER and even better for when you get hurt and bullied.

~Ignore them. No matter what they say, just leave it alone. Then just carry along with your life. Smile

~Come back at them. This option is optional, if you know any good comebacks... Say it, it can tell the bullies or the enemies to BACK THE FRICK OFF!! If they comeback at you, just keep going or until someones comes and breaks the fight. Kawaii Like a friend who invites you to hang out with them or talk, just go with them and make faces at your enemy. Very Happy

~Talk about it. It feels good to get your feelings out. It really does. Smile

That's all I have to say, thanks for anyone who happened to read. Love you ;3
Katz Giffuri

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:41 pm Reply with quote

Trick Brancacane wrote:

Trick, don't be so rude. Sad
Zac Nachos

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:42 pm Reply with quote

Trick Brancacane wrote:

Not really... people hate being made fun of and think life would be better without them so they harm themselves/kill themselves because they think they aren't good enough to live or exist.

EDIT: Wait. You just called Ellie a moron. BULLY. Confused

EDIT 2: Wait Ellie why would people call you those mean things you're a Kool Kupcake Angry

Last edited by maurimoto on Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Ben Lebowski

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:43 pm Reply with quote

Two things Katz:
1) Give those guys a few years and they will be ridiculously jealous of the trusting, friendly relationships that you have developed with those girls. Trust me. Wink
2) For what it's worth, as a native English speaker I pronounce it "care-ah-mel" too Smile

For everybody else who views this thread: bullying is an extremely important yet at the same time very sensitive topic. Any negative comments towards those who choose to discuss their feelings or how they deal with them will be dealt with harshly.

Edit: On that note, if anyone wants to just exchange messages with someone privately and not on this thread, I know that any of the moderators (specifically me, Jurgen, and Niall although the others aren't as active) would gladly listen/offer advice if requested.

[Might not look it, but I'm on about as much as Ben here - J]

[Hi, I'm available to talk most days. Also I'm not as mean as you have been led to believe
NC
]
Ninjabear Simpson
Comic Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:46 pm Reply with quote

Since I was 12 and until the end of high school, I've always been annoyed by stupid guys for the only reason I was the best in my class. Once, two of these idiots threw me little rocks, and another time, a guy slapped me. At that time, I'd almost cry because of that, but only at the moment those things happened. In general, I was never affected by that kind of people who don't know what respect is, because there's something I always did and that is infaillible : ignoring them. It's so easy to do like they're not there, so just do it, and always focus on what's good, these persons don't deserve you to cry or be affected in any way by what they do.
The only cases I didn't ignore them is when they were annoying my friends, in addition of me. But, in the end, THEY always got in trouble because I complained about their behavior to people who were not teachers and I don't know how to say their function in English.
So only give importantce to what's good in your life and put the rest in the dustbin! Ninja
Ironwolfman Smith

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:44 pm Reply with quote

@Ellie: Why would somebody hurt someone as beautiful as you? Very Happy
@Trick: Only a complete moron would bully in an Anti-Bully Thread. Rolling Eyes
@Ben: Thank you for doing that.
Knyh Risotto
Bug Hunters Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:38 pm Reply with quote

Ben Lebowski wrote:
..... (specifically me, Jurgen, and Niall although the others aren't as active)....

Niall's active?!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:01 pm Reply with quote

Hi.
TV Channel Maker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:34 am Reply with quote

Niall Calothycos wrote:
Hi.

Everyone relax, this comment was done with mirrors, Niall hasn't been active in years.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Warriorbear Simpson

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:29 am Reply with quote

I guess I'll have my fair share of this...

I've been bullied ever since I started going to elementary school, but it wasn't the "typical" or "classical" type of bullying. I was never harassed; verbally or physically, but I experienced something that I believe is even worse.

I'm originally from Hungary and spent my first 4 years there in kindergarten. I was always a little shy, even back then, so it wasn't really the brightest idea to move to Sweden and be surrounded by different people and a different language. The first couple of years I did good, although me and my brother were discriminated by the teachers since there were no other immigrants at our school and we had difficulty adapting to the social norms in Sweden and in the school, primarily because we didn't know Swedish. But after some time, I became extremely shy and I have no idea why. I was afraid of expressing my opinions, heck I was afraid of any kind of attention, yet miraculously, I gained one very close friend. At the time, people ignored me and saw right through me like thin air, but I wasn't sad, no, quite the contrary; I didn't get any attention, therefore I was satisfied to a certain degree. But the sh*t really hit the fan once I changed school in 5th grade. I couldn't make any friends there but I still somehow ignored it or just thought that it was OK and that my life was suppose to be like this, which makes me sad just thinking about it. But I still didn't think it was bullying at the time because I was too close-minded and thought bullying was only the calling-of-names and physical abuse. In fact I only recently faced the fact that I was and still am bullied.

But the absolute worst part has been in the last 3 years. Generally, after people has gotten to know each other, they tend to create profiles or images about each other, stating what you can do to them and how much sh*t they will tolerate among other things such as how smart they were or which subject they could help you in etc. which are useless for my story. Since I was very shy and kept most of my feelings for myself and rarely spoke, people never fully got to know me. That made my profile/image for others very vague, but clearly stated that I could barely socialize due to my lack of social skills because of my shyness. I was locked in the shades of other people... almost literally. On a daily basis at school I barely spoke, and I mostly just said things like "hi", "what's for lunch", "have you done the homework/practiced for the exam" or just purely answered what time it is when people asked me. But it wasn't always like that. Sometimes I tried to talk to people, but it mostly ended up in very awkward situations or rejections. It didn't really help either that I was in love with one of my classmates throughout my whole time in elementary school. But the more I got rejected or made awkward situations appear, the less did I become motivated to talk to people. Depression started growing within me and lately I've considered suicide an option. I almost started doing a certain drug just to keep this out of my head. But I think the worst was that people never understood or payed attention to when I was sad because as I said before I kept my feelings to myself. Once though I did go to my school's psychiatrist but since I was very socially awkward, she politely announced to my school's nurse that I had autism and epilepsy instead of actually helping me.

I think some of you still wonder why I call this bullying. I don't blame them (the people around me at school, primarily my classmates) for making me the person that I am and being a shy person, but what I sure as hell blame them for is that not a single fricking time did anyone of them ever come to me and begin a conversation, ask how I felt or what I did on my week-end or even say hi. Of course sometimes they were basically forced to say hi when they passed me or sat next to me on the bus on the way to the school or departing from the school, but that just made me feel even worse that the only way they would speak to me was if there was no other option. If someone else was on the bus, anyone else they knew, they would automatically go and talk to them and completely ignore me. If you still don't understand why this is so bad, picture this: you come to school, but no one notices. People around you all have conversations, but you are not a part of any of them. You have to wait for other people to sit down at lunch tables before yourself, because otherwise you might sit down at a table and no one will end up sitting next to you. That was one mistake I lately made which was the eye-opening of all this bullying. One wonderful day, I came in first to the lunch hall and put my plate with food on the table were we always sit. I then proceed to go and fetch myself some water and by the time I'm back, my classmates sit on 3 different tables and none of those tables were mine. After the lunch I go to the restroom and cry the whole lunch break (30 minutes), and when I'm come out, no one noticed I was ever gone.

But how the hell did it take so long for you to comprehend what was going on? Well, not to mention that I was too naïve to think that I could ever get bullied, I had my methods of keeping the thought of bullying out of my head. I occupied my mind by swimming and making myself part of fictional realities - where I always was the popular and awesome protagonist - in video games and movies.
I'm not sorry for the long post
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index : Other Stuff -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: