Warbears.com
Warbear
Bedtime City Missions Shop Forum
 Forum Rules   FAQ   Search   

Delete the Randomness Thread
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index : Bedtime City -> Share your ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should we?
No ending time set.
Yes FOR WARBEARS!
52%
 52%  [ 11 ]
No.
38%
 38%  [ 8 ]
Undecided...
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 21

Warts Smith
Comic Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:42 am Reply with quote

Okay, so as we know, Warbears is in sort of a slump. We are trying to repopulate our beloved community. Now I feel that one of the reasons that we have such a small community is that there are more people in the forums rather than BTC.

When new users come on, usually they go to the city first, and when they see no one there, then people never come back.

My suggestion is to delete the Randomness thread seeing that it is the most used thread yet it's not important. The Randomness thread is pretty much BTC but made into a forum.

I think that if we get rid of the Randomness thread, then people who post there will head back to the city, and we will have a better chance at more people joining.

I know it's going to suck in the forums for a while, but I think it's a price to pay if we want to use them in the future. Confused

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:48 am Reply with quote

...naaaaah.
Rojoco Anderson

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:04 pm Reply with quote

Putting the lack of activity in BTC down to the popularity of Randomness thread is a bit of a stab in the dark but I see what you're getting at. I'm sure deleting it now will result in no change though so I'd rather it stayed.
Sobchak Lebowski
Translators Team

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:18 pm Reply with quote

Alright guys if enough people approve of this idea I'll shut down the Randomness thread
Constance Anderson

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:46 pm Reply with quote

Yeah I think it should be deleted because terrible things been made in the Randomness Thread and all of it are useless and it should be belonged to somewhere specific like "The official music thread", "The book gallery" etc. and it might give a head start on people actually going to the best MMO ever in the Internet history so called "Bedtime City" on warbears.com rather than talking to someone who's asleep in the other side of the globe and thus operation POOP will gonna be succesful.
Yummytummy Burritos

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:28 pm Reply with quote

I agree with Rojo, it may be the most popular thread, but I really wouldn't say that it's the reason that there is a lack of activity in BTC. I doubt I would go on BTC more than I do just because this thread was deleted.
Warts Smith
Comic Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:02 pm Reply with quote

I'm not saying that it should be gone permenantly but just until activity picks up.

I could be dead wrong about this or I can possibly be right but we only know if it happens...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:49 pm Reply with quote

It wouldn't do any harm to have a 'trial run' by locking the thread for a week or fortnight to see if BTC activity picks up or not.
Presto Svoltaire

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:31 am Reply with quote

OMG you make sense.
Ben Lebowski

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:20 pm Reply with quote

Yummytummy Burritos wrote:
I agree with Rojo, it may be the most popular thread, but I really wouldn't say that it's the reason that there is a lack of activity in BTC. I doubt I would go on BTC more than I do just because this thread was deleted.
Exactly my thoughts, as well as those of the other moderators. I'm inclined to think that just as many stick around on the website in general because of the Randomness Thread as might start occasionally going into BTC.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:15 pm Reply with quote

Low activity on BTC + Shutting down most popular forum thread= ?!?!

To me this idea doesn't make sense. In the slump that we are in, why would you take away an active thread? It's like finding a diamond in a pile of dung and throwing the diamond in a volcano!
Warts Smith
Comic Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:06 pm Reply with quote

It would only work if everyone who just posts in the randomness thread is there because no one is in BTC.

I realize now that this theory can either help Warbears or put a bullet into its head.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:18 pm Reply with quote

Warts Smith wrote:
It would only work if everyone who just posts in the randomness thread is there because no one is in BTC.

I realize now that this theory can either help Warbears or put a bullet into its head.

The forums are the only reason some veteran members stay, they rely on threads like The randomness thread. It would be warbears downfall if the Randomness Thread was deleted. It's too risky

Think of the scenario, a older member goes on the forums, see the most popular thread gone, and goes to BTC. sees no ones there. Loses hope and quits.
Pancake Smith

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:52 pm Reply with quote

It's becuase there's nothing to DO in BTC. There hasn't been new content in centuries. Quizaboomers have played the game to death and you'd have to be insane to still get enjoyment out of tic-tac-toe. As of right now, the only thing BTC is good for is talking to people, and the forum is much better for any sort of meaningful discussion.

Honestly, this whole COME ON GUYS WE'RE THE COMMUNITY WE HAVE TO SAVE WARBEARS stuff is bull. As long as we have no new content, we will have no new members.
Dyon Risotto

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:44 pm Reply with quote

Pancake Smith wrote:
It's becuase there's nothing to DO in BTC. There hasn't been new content in centuries. Quizaboomers have played the game to death and you'd have to be insane to still get enjoyment out of tic-tac-toe. As of right now, the only thing BTC is good for is talking to people, and the forum is much better for any sort of meaningful discussion.

Honestly, this whole COME ON GUYS WE'RE THE COMMUNITY WE HAVE TO SAVE WARBEARS stuff is bull. As long as we have no new content, we will have no new members.

Applause
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index : Bedtime City -> Share your ideas All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: