Warbears.com
Warbear
Bedtime City Missions Shop Forum
 Forum Rules   FAQ   Search   

Zombie craze
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index : Other Stuff -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nickyh Smith

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:03 am Reply with quote

Solidusnake Anderson wrote:
Is 28 movies zombie or not?

Sort of. People make up all kinds of zombies. In the two 28 movies, people that are infected become enraged and have a crazy crave for flesh, and they spread the virus through biting. At least I think it was like that...
Johan Simpson
Translators Team

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:03 pm Reply with quote

Why does the zombies has to be dead?

Maybe it's just mutated, crazy, evil humans?
Susie Totoro

Location: Most likely my house, wishing people would stop bugging me about my name.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:22 am Reply with quote

Takeoshi Totoro wrote:
Susie Totoro wrote:
Yeah, Jonathon is right. Luckily, neither Zombies nor Vampires even exist.

Yeah they do...

Well they exist in movies/games/videos, but they don't dwell in real life, and most likely never will.
Solidusnake Anderson

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:26 am Reply with quote

Nickyh Smith wrote:
Is 28 movies zombie or not?

Sort of. People make up all kinds of zombies. In the two 28 movies, people that are infected become enraged and have a crazy crave for flesh, and they spread the virus through biting. At least I think it was like that...
My bro was working in London at white city and he seen some of the 28 days/weeks later zombies he got well scared lol.
Lolbear Simpson

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:27 pm Reply with quote

I...hate...zombies!!! Staring I just flipin' hate them and they scare the flip out of me!!! Staring
Oscar House

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:56 pm Reply with quote

Zombies are much better than vampires.
I'm a rank 13 zombie Kawaii
Nickyh Smith

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:05 am Reply with quote

Oscar House wrote:
Zombies are much better than vampires.
I'm a rank 13 zombie Kawaii

Eh...rank 13? Does that mean you're good in some kind of zombie game? If yes, I hope you won't mind me pointing a shotgun at you.

*nickyh takes aim of his SPAS-12.
Mimmy Anderson

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:42 pm Reply with quote

Zombies are probably one of the greatest inventions of a random person with LBM and can't use the bathroom.

But yeah, Zombies are just mere fiction. I personally like vampires more, because vampires might not smell good, but at least they don't smell like decaying bodies.

Zombies are undead. Or the living dead. I still have trouble thinking how there could be a living dead. Oxymoron phrases.

"Nothing is better than eternal happiness"
"Eating a hamburger is better than nothing"
"Therefore, eating a hamburger is better than eternal happiness"
Nickyh Smith

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:19 pm Reply with quote

Mimmy Anderson wrote:
Zombies are undead. Or the living dead. I still have trouble thinking how there could be a living dead. Oxymoron phrases.

Poor people in coma or brain dead perhaps?
Mimmy Anderson

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:13 pm Reply with quote

Nickyh Smith wrote:
Mimmy Anderson wrote:

Poor people in coma or brain dead perhaps?

Meh.. people in a coma are still alive. They're just unconscious. And for people who are brain dead, they're dead. 'Nuff said.

"Nothing is better than eternal happiness"
"Eating a hamburger is better than nothing"
"Therefore, eating a hamburger is better than eternal happiness"
Solidusnake Anderson

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:07 pm Reply with quote

Read this Its a true story about a baby who has got no brain but it just had its 1st birthday.
Bleach Risotto

Location: Bring all your friends because a group does it better.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:50 pm Reply with quote

Johan Simpson wrote:
Why does the zombies has to be dead?

Maybe it's just mutated, crazy, evil humans?

Here's a speculation. (Copy and paste as it is quite long)

<StellarWind> WHY am I thinking about biologically correct zombies again.
<Pheonix> aren't zombies usually biologically correct to start off with, you know minus the whole being dead thing
<StellarWind> XD
<StellarWind> I mean zombies that would actually be plausible in some senses.
<StellarWind> the whole zombie virus crap always gets me
<StellarWind> A VIRUS by definition is not sophisticated enough to do that.
<Pheonix> wait... so you are trying to figure out how zombies would work in real life? XD
<StellarWind> XD I did.
<StellarWind> It would have to involve a more sophisticated parasite though
<StellarWind> like a fungus.
<Pheonix> or nanites Kawaii
<StellarWind> (zombie-like-state-inducing fungi do exist in the real world, although they work on arthropods)
<StellarWind> XD
<StellarWind> I'm talking pure biology here. once you throw mecha into the mix, holy crap
<StellarWind> but yeah. I sort of envisioned a fungus-like parasite that infects a host. 'spores' travel across the bloodstream, somehow crossing the blood-brain barrier and settle down on the brain, the change in environment detected causing the spore to switch to a sessile infection form so to speak.
<StellarWind> once that happens the parasite releases an array of neurotoxins that effectively kill the host - but not really -kill- it. Y'see, a dead body is of little use to anything.
<StellarWind> what it DOES do is terminate the consciousness. put the host to sleep in a way
<Pheonix> what does sessile mean?
<StellarWind> keeping the rest of the metabolism active, but lowering it to the minimum possible necessary
<StellarWind> sessile - the opposite of mobile.
<Pheonix> stationary infection?
<StellarWind> basically
<StellarWind> the spore sits down on the brain
<StellarWind> and that's it
<StellarWind> no more movement out of it
<StellarWind> XD
<Pheonix> ahhh, okay then XD
<StellarWind> pretty well roots itself.
<StellarWind> from this point on the parasite (which feeds on some less important brain bits to produce these new chemicals) alters the host's biochemistry slowly but certainly - changes its scent slightly for one to deter other zombies - then it reprioritizes brain functions.
<StellarWind> first thing to go is touch sensitivity and pain receptors.
<StellarWind> at the same time, senses that would give advantages in hunting are raised - sight, scent, hearing - all amplified.
<StellarWind> i suppose some other elements of metabolism would be boosted as well because the early stage of infection is the most critical.
<StellarWind> since the parasite doesn't have tendrils all over the host's body yet and so needs to rely on the host's circulatory system to provide it with nutrients.
<StellarWind> the new zombie goes on a huge feeding frenzy - because it needs to feed both itself and the parasite - the parasite draws most of the nutrients, but it keeps the host body alive - just barely.
<StellarWind> with time, the host naturally grows weaker from being essentially kept in a state of malnutrition - which is where they tend to group together.
<StellarWind> large numbers of individually weak units tend to be destructive
<StellarWind> (E. G. Zerg Rush kekeke)
<StellarWind> at the point the parasite reaches a certain state of maturity, it starts being 'infectious' - modifying the host's body further to create new spores, which are probably carried via saliva.
<StellarWind> at the point a zombie reaches that state, that's when the infamous they-bite-people-and-they-turn-into-zombies-too effect kicks in
<StellarWind> infectious zombies would probably be getting close to the end of their life cycle so to speak because yeah. producing spores takes up a lot of energy
<StellarWind> and by the time the parasite would reach full maturity, the host would probably be a malnourished wreck XD
<StellarWind> well, depending on how much it eats.
<StellarWind> i suppose the parasites would 'know' when the host is in critical danger. XD
<StellarWind> or at least would be able to sense it on a biochemical level...
<StellarWind> .......
<StellarWind> Damnit, now i want to write something with this premise
<Pheonix> yes, but would there ever be a state where the parasite has a nourished host that 'stays' nourised?
<StellarWind> and i -hate- cheesy horror crap!
<StellarWind> XD
<StellarWind> That mostly depends on how much the host eats. XD.
<StellarWind> They're practically dead.
<Pheonix> yes, but if there is an abundance of incoming nutrients, say for some reason the zombie was able to gorge without worrying, how would that work?
<StellarWind> ... although that makes me wonder about potential mutations leading to symbiosis between a healthy host and the parasite. o-O
<Pheonix> that was what I was wondering Kawaii
<Pheonix> like say... the parasite taking over a fat person to start off with, lots of initial nutrients stored, less need to drive it to malnurishment right away
<StellarWind> Well, like i said, the parasite initially chemically kills the host's consciousness and essentially takes over the body. But if that stage was to go wrong...
<StellarWind> i think the parasite would mostly need to feed a lot for a continuous stream of proteins that would serve as a base for the neurotransmitters and chemicals it needs to keep the host half dead and realigned to fit its purposes
<StellarWind> less so for the glucose content
<StellarWind> though i suppose that the initial dividing and spreading of the infection WOULD take a lot of energy...
<StellarWind> but yes, again with the proteins XD
<StellarWind> adipose tissue and fats are generally a more compact way to store glucose.
<StellarWind> and fatty acids.
<StellarWind> still, with all the modifications to the host and the gradual growth of the parasite through the body to make nutrient absorption more effective and serve as alternative pathways...
<StellarWind> .. huh. seems that the more advanced the infection is, the parasite would sort of compensate for the weakening of the host's body...
<StellarWind> ...... hn, this creates a situation though - as the parts of the body that were cut off from nutrients and stuff would probably die and necrotize, which may lead to infections endangering the host body... which would require some form of immune system reaction, but the host's immune system would probably attack the parasite too, unless if IT were modified too...
<StellarWind> ...
<StellarWind> which it probably would...
<StellarWind> ... congratulations. I've just created Zerg-AIDS-Fungi.
<StellarWind> Now they just need a hive mind and a new reign of terror could begin.
<StellarWind> >>;
<StellarWind> ... it's a good thing they barely have a mind beyond feeding. XD
<StellarWind> .... unless again some form of a mutation happens forming a symbiosis which would allow the host to manipulate the advanced biosynthesis capabilities of the fungus...
<StellarWind> and...
<StellarWind> .........
<StellarWind> OH GOD. STOP ME BEFORE I WRITE A SURVIVAL HORROR GAME
<StellarWind> ...... although knowing me i'd probably make it a reverse-survival-horror. XD
<StellarWind> with the main character levelling up the more advanced the infection is, eventualy being able to command swarms of zombies using biochemical scent marks...
<StellarWind> and depending on choices you make throughout the game you could go completely feral, conquer humanity or alternately find a cure that would lead to humanity's next evolution...

Nickyh Smith

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:29 am Reply with quote

Read this Its a true story about a baby who has got no brain but it just had its 1st birthday.

Great. My full name's Nicholas too. Angry

*Nickyh charges towards Solidusnake and takes a bite out of him.

Lolbear Simpson wrote:
Learn what?
Solidusnake Anderson

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:22 am Reply with quote

Nickyh Smith wrote:
*Nickyh charges towards Solidusnake and takes a bite out of him.
Fail I used a Green herb mix with a red herb.

Also WTF was capcom thinking when they made the healing for the resident evil games. 'I know lets use Herbs to heal we don't need no med kit' Also the Best resident evil games are still the once that are based in Raccoon city. And Resident evil is the best movie for the game ever made. The 3rd movie was crap but the 1st 2 are very good.

Also more good news Michael Sheen said he is going to be in the next 28 movie called 28 years later..... Shocked
I mean come on 28 years later would it been better if they done 28 days before?
Nickyh Smith

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:55 am Reply with quote

They already have hours and days I think, "28 months later" doesn't sound attractive, and so it'll be "28 years later" XD

I bet in that movie, the world either ends up like Resident Evil 3, or the virus suddenly starts roaming the world again out of nowhere.

Lolbear Simpson wrote:
Learn what?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index : Other Stuff -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: