Warbear
Bedtime City Missions Shop Forum
 Forum Rules   FAQ   Search   

The Warbears crisis.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Niall Calothycos

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:05 am Reply with quote

I don't think the problem here is with the new people reading the guide at all.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:47 am Reply with quote

There's a major decline of new people, they don't read rules or Guide, they break the rules, they're banned, they're not here.

Even if they're banned for 3 days, they say "Forget about that site" and don't come back.
Pancake Smith

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:18 am Reply with quote

Drpepper Simpson wrote:
The fact that only 20% of New people read the Guide.

I would say that 5% of all users, new and old, have read the entire guide.
Drpepper Simpson

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:26 am Reply with quote

I doubt I've read the entire guide aswell.
Lolbear Simpson

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:25 am Reply with quote

Mcrfreak Simpson wrote:
Tacobadger Burritos wrote:
Mcrfreak Simpson wrote:
Totally agreed, Taco.

We need to keep this site going.
Can I also just say, the most ever users was 2 years ago, yesterday.
Ah, the good old days.

Thanks.

Any other key points anyone is going to stand up and mention?

Not that I can think of.

Drpepper Simpson wrote:
The fact that only 20% of New people read the Guide.

I'd say not even that much.

I'd think about 85%, I mean if it was 20%; the forums would be FILLED with topics on how to do this and how to do that by newbies!
Crazyone Totoro

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:31 am Reply with quote

You know another problem that joins people getting banned, and lack of guide-readers together? Lack of knowledge. People just don't know where and what the rules are, and so they think they can act however they like.
Also, sometimes they get reported for repeating a line three, four times, not knowing it is spamming, the person reporting not giving the person a chance. Always give a warning, unless it is clear they know they are breaking the rules. (Now, this may sound far-fetched, but some people just report every mild instance of rule-breaking, to increase their chances of becoming moderators. That is likely a minority, but a reminder, that's not how the system works.)
If somebody yells in caps "HOW DO I DO (Insert action here)???!" chances are somebody's gonna tell them, "no spamming", and not even answer their question. Help them, give them what they need, and then gently tell them that repeatedly yelling in caps here might cause people to not like you. If we all did this, it would be a nicer society. (Yes, not all people do this. I know that.)
Others do get warned for spamming or whatever, perhaps for a good reason, perhaps not. The fact that warnings only show on your profile-and many new people don't even know they have a profile-might make them think that nothing is being done, and so they can do whatever the heck they like.
Yes, there are people who make an account just to get banned. Let them. Who cares about some immature teenager who has nothing else to do but see how many sites they can get banned from?

So, what do you think of what I said?
Niall Calothycos

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:57 pm Reply with quote

For the most part, very good.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:50 pm Reply with quote

This is how I think it goes new guy comes on to warbears, New guy swears waring 1 then spam waring 2 then go on to the forum and post a stupid topic and then bugger's off to go on to another website the end.
Nickyh Smith

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:05 am Reply with quote

Solidusnake Anderson wrote:
This is how I think it goes new guy comes on to warbears, New guy swears waring 1 then spam waring 2 then go on to the forum and post a stupid topic and then bugger's off to go on to another website the end.

I don't exactly agree, but I must admit that people are breaking the rules quite often, and that Warbears is in a major crisis.

The good thing is, once M4 comes out, people are guaranteed to come back. Think of Jayisgames, for example. It's a super successful and popular reviewing website which tons of people go to. Once M4 comes out and Jayisgames gives a review, the website will be filled with people again.

PS just checked. There were 147 comments on M3 in Jayisgames, including 1 that was actually posted August 24th, this year!
Pancake Smith

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:29 am Reply with quote

Every single one of those comments is people (from here, mind you) asking about the missions.

I don't think new people breaking the rules is the main problem, I'd say it's the unnecessarily hostile reactions from the older users.
Sobchak Lebowski
Translators Team

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:07 pm Reply with quote

The biggest problem about this site can be summed up quite efficiently just by skimming through this thread's subtext: Blaming its external issues on the community.

Old users and new users pointing fingers at each other... come on. I thirst for attention as much as the next guy, but I'm smart enough not to go around the zoo asking for monkeys to clean their own poop.
Tacobadger Burritos
TV Channel Maker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:38 am Reply with quote

Now, certain users who I will not name do nothing but post rude, snotty comments in every post, pointing out only the negatives, and the flaws of everyone and everything! And you users that do this know who you are.

This applies to you too, Sobchak.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ben Lebowski

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:11 am Reply with quote

A think a major problem is getting involved with the community. Imagine what it would be like if WBN was actually active and had more of a point than just reporting people, or if you all took part in some more involved forum games, unlike "silly sentences" and more like RAF/Mafia/Werewolf/whatever.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:56 am Reply with quote

Benjamin Lebowski wrote:
A think a major problem is getting involved with the community. Imagine what it would be like if WBN was actually active and had more of a point than just reporting people, or if you all took part in some more involved forum games, unlike "silly sentences" and more like RAF/Mafia/Werewolf/whatever.

Agree. Those stuff are "slower" and take more time. They also train your patience and require more brain power than spamming. One thing we should also try to accomplish is to stop spamming. I think forum games can make people stop, think and at last, act with better behavior.
Takeoshi Totoro
Warbears Mockup Master

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:18 pm Reply with quote

Now, certain users who I will not name do nothing but post rude, snotty comments in every post, pointing out only the negatives, and the flaws of everyone and everything! And you users that do this know who you are.

This applies to you too, Sobchak.

Not really.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index : Warbears -> Website and Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 3 of 17

Jump to: