Warbear
Bedtime City Missions Shop Forum
 Forum Rules   FAQ   Search   

The Warbears crisis.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mccool Harlan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:53 am Reply with quote

I don't think that Ioji is the only one who can do anything about it. I think people could help by promoting the site or the games.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:23 pm Reply with quote

You know what? I'm gonna try and get Ioji to make a "User Created Games" section. Ioji would decide how many points each mission gets, and maybe there would be a rating system as well, one for ioji's/ioji and the mod's rating, and one for all the ratings combined. And maybe you could submit games to be put on there, and if ioji/the mods (The second is there to make it faster) think it is good enough, then it gets added to the website! Don't you think that would help out? Oh, and non warbear's related missions shouldn't get passed through the system.
I'm working on a mission design right now, and I am going to pm Ioji with a detailed explaination of this idea today, in the hopes he replies sometime within a month. And to the mods as well, as maybe they could contact him faster.
Oh, I just came up with another idea! An idea submission area! First the ideas go through the mods, who either approve or dissiprove the idea, and then when there are enough of them, they go directly to ioji's email address. That way, if your ideas are good, ioji will get to read them a little faster, but if they aren't, Ioji doesn't have to.
Wow. I come up with brilliant ideas sometimes.
Globox Simpson

Location: The land of Köttbullar and Smörgåsbord, and epic guys with beards and hats

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:54 pm Reply with quote

^Narcissist on the last line.
Good idea, though it requires to have Flash, which I don't have. Otherwise somebody could develop "Warbears mission maker".
Also, the mods must approve otherwise:
TEH KNYHSAURUS wrote:
Someone will use it to draw a penis. Or two.
Tankbuilder Smith

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:30 pm Reply with quote

Yeah, that's why I said that the mods/ioji would add it to the site if it's good enough. Obviously, adding a dick or two would probably decrease a game's chances of getting through.
Although, with the mission maker idea, I was thinking you could make custom graphics in some spots, for things like walls and such. Of course, those would have to be approved by the mods and be tileable.
Those graphics could increase how good a game is if they are used the right way. Maybe you could upload the games you make to the website, and if the mods approve it, it gets added to it.
I like your Warbears Mission Maker idea.
Oh, and easy variable setting is a MUST for that idea! If you want to make a good mission, you proably won't get far with 1 action always doing just 1 thing. Kinda like how chopping down the tree at full power can cause the mission to fail if you don't get the squirrel to jump out of the tree first. Maybe all the actions have names to them, like Kla Right 1 or Ryoh-Attack-3, and that would allow you to do set what happens if you don't do something at the right time. Maybe in the editor there are ghost images of the warbears, and each ghost image has actions that pop up when you mouse over them, actions that the warbears can do while they are there, and the exact action name appears when you mouse over that action, and if you click on it, it shows you JUST what that action does, then returns you to the editor. And maybe you could add charecters other than the warbears as controllable ones, and with some of them, like the peguins and commander, you can set what kind of weapon they would have. So for instance, you could give the commander a grenade launcher. Or a penguin with a katana. Or a citizen with a rifle like Steve's. The penguins are probably not going to be in the first version though. Unless the programmer wants alot of complaints. Lol I came up with a funny idea. Warbears with their weapons switched around. Like Kla with Lucas' grenades, and if you use a grenade, you have to use another action to throw it. Or Steve with Kla's ds. I can just imagine him complaining about not being able to hack. Or Ryoh with Steve's rifle. Probably not going to happen but... that would be funny.
Sorry about being narcissistic on that last line. I can't help myself sometimes.
Roxie Bauer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:35 pm Reply with quote

CBA to read that, but what I did read sounded good. But I think sometimes you try and take control of too much.
Ninja Panzerotten

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:42 am Reply with quote

Dude, you seriously need to 'compress' your posts. O.o
Constance Anderson

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:52 am Reply with quote

THE WARBEARS CRISIS HAS OVER. LOCK THIS TOPIC NOW! LEAVE IT IF YOU DON'T WANT IT LOCKED.
Nickyh Smith

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:42 am Reply with quote

I think Constance Anderson wrote:
The Warbears crisis is over. Lock this topic now! Leave it if you don't want it locked.

What's the logic in locking it OR leaving it?

And what if some people don't think it's over yet?

And what's the point in locking it if people are contributing to the topic?

And according to Google Trends, WB is still on an all-time low for searching. Does that follow the idea that the crisis is over?
(And please reply with a post that is actually intellegent and maybe not based only on this sentence.)

Lolbear Simpson wrote:
Learn what?
Tankbuilder Smith

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:05 pm Reply with quote

Wow I have some old posts here. I still agree with what I said before here, well, mostly.

And constance, stop postfishing, it's pointless. That and I only started to get up to 100 posts, after which, I stopped. You already have well over 100 posts.
Pancake Smith

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:57 pm Reply with quote

Then it's safe to say it's not post-fishing, he's just posting.
Staro Totoro

Location: nowhere mum. Final Smash: Dark Staro. Lvl. 999. Forms: 2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:40 pm Reply with quote

Tacobadger Burritos wrote:
Lets face it, Warbears' user population is decreasing, the old users are leaving, and the old users that remain, well..
some of you guys are pretty snotty.
What are the main reasons for the decrease in users? Few updates, and rude people.
Ioji may say he doesn't need the donations, that he supports warbears fine, and this is true, but extra cash could be used for faster equipment, and maybe even a staff could be hired, and productivity of missions, and BTC updates would increase, drawing the attention of more new users, and even the old ones.
Ioji. Use the news box as often as possible, put anything in it! even if it's useless information! I'd be fine with seeing
"I'm eating soup..-Ioji"
in the news box, at least something, instead of 1 time every 2 months. Tell us exactly whats going on, be technical, post problems you're having with updating, anything!
To the older users out there, answer me this:
Don't you miss being a newbie?
I sure as hell do. the clubs, the infinite amount of new people to meet, the games, the jokes. Some older users seem to tend to separate themselves form the new guys, making your social horizon on this community very small(I said some, not all, don't whine at me).You may think of me as someone who would call a user with low grammar skills a "noob". But really, Who cares if he or she uses text talk, or they like to roleplay? Talk to the newbies for heavens sake! Help some people out! Play a game! And absolutely introduce them to the forum!
Now, certain users who I will not name do nothing but post rude, snotty comments in every post, pointing out only the negatives, and the flaws of everyone and everything! And you users that do this know who you are.

I conclude my request in this; Donate to this site, talk to the newbies, don't be a brat, and don't let this site die!

To donate, click this link, go to the very bottom of that page, and you will see a box that says "Support warbears! DONATE!" click that.

And to any of the Moderators out there about to lock this topic, can you please just give this thread a chance for a little while, and see where it goes?
Thank you.

And I know one person that's 100% like this (READ THE BOLD IN YOUR QUOTE) but he's from another forum.

http://forums.thegamehomepage.com/members/n-me.html

If you take a good look at his posts, you'll see that 95 percent of them contains those things. I don't even get why Gaz the administrator and Dylan the mod don't even ban them.

Don't even join this forum. You'll get flamed, literally.

Ontopic: I'm trying to work on a site designed to recruit people that support Warbears and to persuade other to come back or join.
Spagetii Risotto

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:07 pm Reply with quote

The number's also gone down quite allot since everyone partly moved to Transformice.
Timotini Mazinga

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:03 pm Reply with quote

Sigh......
I miss being a newbie too.
This topic is one motivating topic!
Just that there are people out there who are rich,and don't wanna give...

Special thanks to Tango!
Tankbuilder Smith

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:16 pm Reply with quote

If I got rich, I'd give some money away to causes I think are good ones! Or maybe gifts. Or maybe both. It depends.
Constance Anderson

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:47 am Reply with quote

Mccool Harlan wrote:
I don't think that Ioji is the only one who can do anything about it. I think people could help by promoting the site or the games.

Uh, the forum is enough, I think.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index : Warbears -> Website and Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 14 of 17

Jump to: