Warbears.com
Warbear
Bedtime City Missions Shop Forum
 Forum Rules   FAQ   Search   

Short Story CA Competition
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index : Other Stuff -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who's story do you think is the best written?
Vote closed!
Bishop's
20%
 20%  [ 7 ]
Bjorn's
34%
 34%  [ 12 ]
Captin's
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Jefff's
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Johnathan's
17%
 17%  [ 6 ]
Poison's
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Tango's
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
Drpepper's
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Chaniii's
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 35

Sheena Totoro

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:30 pm Reply with quote

Rules:
It must be related to WB. [Do not be disgruntled, I'm going to be hosting a non-WB-related one too].
It must be your own work. Don't copy. I can tell. >;[
It must be PM-ed to me before the 20th. [I'm giving a few days more than two weeks, if that's okay, Homer].
You must not enter something you had written aaages ago, and put up on the post your story topic or anything. It must be fresh.
You must not spam here.
You must not diss someone's work here, only give constructive criticism. [I put it in bold to get the message across].
Aaaaand, what else? If I forgot something, please do tell me. It's my first competition and I'm very nervous. ;3

Entries:

Bears' Union - The Story.

A long time ago, in an un-realistic comic book...

Shows how the B.U was created!!

One day, Limey Bear was on his normal walk around the city, at 11.00 PM, when he heard something swish behind him. He looked. Nothing was there. He turned around to carry on walking, but a hand grabbed his shoulder firmly, and dragging him into the shadows.

Iraq Training Camp.: 2006. 3:00 PM

Grizzly had been working hard all day, ever since he had got to the Training Centre.

First of all was his Target Practice, then the obstacles course, and THEN- Oh you get the point.

His next task was the zip-wire. He had met a friend on the plane, called Bishy-Bear. He thought it was the most stupidest name in the world, till he had met anther companion. I'll tell you that later.

"Good luck, Grizzly", said Bishy-Bear.

"Thanks, I'll need."

"See you at the other end", Bishy-Bear replied.

Grizzly attached his harness, and all of his safety equipment.

He slid down, with ease, enjoying the view of the dried out rocks on his way down.

When he was nearly down, he heard an alarm go off, and the sound of rushing feet tapping on the ground.

'What's happening', Grizzly thought.

He got to the bottom, where he found another bear in uniform.

"Quick, he said. We need to get out of here!"

"Wait!", came a voice from behind.

They turned, to see Bishy-Bear running up to them.

"Commander Homer, we need back-u-...

"Homo!?", Bishy-Bear said.

"No, Homer!"

"Hobo!?", Bishy-Bear said.

"HAHAH!"

"No, HOMER!"

"Oh, right."

"Anyway we need to get out of here."

They ran across the rocks, running towards a Helicopter, and jumped in. Inside, they saw someone in the cockpit, with ridiculous hair. This time, it wasn't just Bishy-Bear laughing.

"GAHAHA!"

"What sort of a hair is that!?"

"I had a bad morning", said the pilot.

"Anyway, call me Pip."

"Okay, Marry Pippins."

NO, IT'- Oh never mind.

He started to take off from the landing pad.

"What's wrong, anyway?", said Homer.

"A bear has been captured, by someone who names themselves, 'The Mastermind."

"Gahaha, what a name", said Grizzly.

"Anyway, you'd find out who it was if we would of got up to Mission 5."

"DAMNIT!", Said Bishy-Bear.

England: 2006. 5:00

They had landed outside a small warehouse. Guards with Machine Guns, looking alert, and maybe a hint of un-sureness under their helmets.

"Move in!", shouted a guard, (He looked more of a higher rank.)

"Hey, let's be stupid and follow them!", said Homer.

"Why not?", said Bishy-Bear.

They followed him in, to see a Bear, with a shirt that looked like a Tic-Tac-Toe board.

"Hands Up!", shouted the Bear.

None of them put their arms up.

That's when all hell broke lose.

PART 1!

To be continued...
-Bishop

The Trials of Traditions

1. - Once upon again...

Consciousness washed over his face, creamed with a lilt of blistering sunlight and gastrological fury. He overdid it in the Pub again last night. Clambering to his feet, a searing pain runs up from his backside from the kicking the night before, and the stale smell of alcohol, urine and vomit urge him to wretch and seek the lavatory, confounding a verbal soup of carrot and stomach gravy. He adjusts his vision to his surroundings and finds himself not in his house but by the Feather Park fountain, under the disturbed and distasteful gaze of a dozen shocked children, half shocked with disbelief, half swearing despondently. It was another day in Paradise.

2. - In which nothing happens atall.

Gathering his weary self up he staggers out of the park in embarrassment and into his apartment he goes to have the compulsory shower and 20 second snooze he needs before attempting another moment of unconsidered existence. The fascist heat boils his skin, peeling and warping the skin to a bulbous and intoxicating mess that scalds the tissue. Perhaps it's too hot or perhaps he's too cold; he was sleeping in the Park after all. He mops down the vomit grease and toe fungus to reveal a thin and shabby skeletal form of human, with glockenspiel ribs and drumstick legs. He dusts the dead skin and dries his living corpse, then climbs into the same clothes as yesterday; black jeans, pink shirt and black waistcoat, still bathed in a cloak of malodorous odours from the months before he goes to his bed, only to remember he doesn't own one, so goes for a nap on the sofa instead.

3. - The uneventful events.

It's 1pm. The hottest time of the day and the sun is directly above the earth, which considering he has no roof positively bakes him in his clothes, bringing on a tepid sweat and hideous body odour. He wakes up and decides to go and do something productive and heads to Quizaboom, the local gambling centre for a spot of enjoyment, but upon entering he finds it deserted, which is logical really, I mean who gambles in the early afternoon? So he packs up his troubles and goes to the pub again.

4. - The beginning of the end.

It takes him 5 hours to get to the pub, which is bizarre really considering it's only five minutes down the road. He swings the door open to the blasting sound of endless chitter-chatter and chin wagging that could make anyone deaf. He climbs through the door and sits at the bar, comfortable that he won't have to do anything atall anymore today. Whilst crouched over the bar with a cool beer in his hand he eavesdrops on the topics of the day: In one corner two girls are discussing their boyfriends and how many they've had today. At the other end of the bar three guys are arguing who should be President of their newly formed gang. But what interests him the most is the guy sat next to him in a yellow jumper and dark red jeans. He is just sat their looking ahead with a 100 yard stare, as if he can see something of great interest or fear in the distance, but in fact is looking into a great expanse of white and grey lines. ‘Back' the person suddenly quips, followed by 'Hello Bjorn'. Bjorn then proceeds to fall of his chair in fear of this super beast who knows his name.

5. - The awakening

'Bjorn, have you been drinking again?'

Bjorn sits back up, paranoid and disconnected from what he thinks is a parallel universe but is in fact reality. He turns back with fear in his eyes, greeted by the aged eyes of the beast and says;

'Who are you? How do you know my name?’

The beast tuts and raises his eyebrows with a knowing look and returns;

'I am Niall, and I know you because you have come in here every day for the past year and a half.'

Bjorn suddenly realises that this Niall fellow has a point; he has been coming here for that long. Bjorn was about to continue his train of consciousness when he is lulled by the familiar hand of the inevitable.

6. - The end

The night progressed in a typically typical fashion; Bjorn would remember who he is and who everyone else is and enter a whole world of endless banter with his friends drinking beer after beer, hoping to capture the happiness in the drink, only to later become drunk, foul mouthed and disgusting, resulting in being thrown out repeatedly, then ending up face down in the hedge in the Park at 2am. It was just a routine this boy had got into. A hideously pointless and ill routine that soured the mind and ruined the man within, but nonetheless a routine that made him happy.

Well, a little bit happy.
-Bjorn

--- I met Ioji ---

Many people have never found the right website in which to spend their lives on. If they have, it would be Newsgrounds or Facebook, the remainder of us go on Warbears.

I started out on Warbears on 3rd November in 2007 in which BTC had barely passed it's V0 beta. It was a cool place to be at the time, not many people were asking questions and generally everyone had got along. Around 2008, the community had grown and BTC would have had needed an update, which was a good idea considering the situations at the time. Afterwards, members had yet to get on, more arguments had appeared in both forums and BTC and I had no idea what had come over the WB. I have yet to grow tired of WB, It's the only website that would appeal to me and despite all the problems it has, I have no intentions of announcing my leaving.

-Captin

Vanquished Warbears?

It was a beautiful day in Bedtime City! The citizens were laughing and dancing.
The kids, having the time of their lives! The Mayor enjoyed a good laugh or two.
The Warbears even joined the citizens in a festive dance. The birds were singing.
It was a nice memorable day in BTC.
Until... a telephone rings. Everyone looked at the Warbears in fright. Kla takes the phone "Yes sir?" he asks.
"There is a robbery in the red district" the commander replies.
The Warbears quickly get in the WarVan and are off to the red district.
Once they arrive Ryoh dashes at the door, "It's locked!" he yells.
"We need another way in!" Lucas exclaims. As soon as Lucas said that Ryoh got an idea.
He throws a rope on the top of the building and starts climbing.
As he is climbing, a groundhog sees him outside the window. The groundhog then thrusts his drill in Ryoh's stumic,
watches the blood fly and laughs like a madman.
Steve catches Ryoh's falling body. Lucas is crying and is mad.
He takes his trusty grenade friend and throws it into the building.
"How stupid can these guys be?" a groundhog asks
as he throws the grenade back at Lucas.
Lucas, is no more. Kla, missing all the action says "I got it! I know how to hack in!"
Kla looks around and asks "Where's Ryoh and Lucas?
Steve doesn't open his mouth.
Kla opens the door and millions of groundhogs just start swarming around him.
They all put their drills in Kla's stumic and laugh.
Steve flees in terror. Gets in the WarVan and drives away.
"Phew!" he says in relief. He looks at the passenger seat and sees a Groundhog.
The groundhog puts a bomb in the WarVan and jumps out.
"See ya later, sucker!" The groundhog yells as he jumps out.
Steve is found a week later dead.

TO BE OR NOT TO BE CONTINUED!

-Jefff

Noob: Why can’t I feel real?
Inspired by true events

In a world where social tolerance is non-existent, lies a troubled boy seeking to fit into the norm of society. The short story starts with a mentally deranged boy who seeks acceptance and happiness. He’s transformed from a miserable, mentally unstable boy to a socially accepted, yet socially awkward child.

On a cold, desolate winter day, I needed something to escape my delusions that I’ve conjured up. The only thing that kept me “sane” was those delusions and fake realities; they distracted me from the sheer pain and misery that was buried deep inside. I wondered if I would ever feel happiness. My friends had deserted me a while ago, leaving me in this sick and demented state of confusion. My only real connection to the world was an old, crummy laptop that was pasted with cheesy logos and misdirected ideals.

While surfing the internet at modem speed, I stumbled across a strange website that caught my attention, a site where bears went to war with the groundhogs. Does such a trifle even exist? Is it even real? Interested by the low, 2D graphics and simplistic game control, I played it for hours on end. The game became a part of who I was like a hand became a part of my body. Even with such a strong connection, it didn’t make me feel real, if only it made me feel surreal. I still felt alone, deserted and confused. To my surprise, the game was only a small part of a trilogy, a part of a bigger picture. I figured, since I did not have anything to lose (even though I felt like nothing at the time) I would at least give it a shot. The next day I signed up.

When I signed up, I quickly wanted to feel part of the community, to feel real for once. I browsed the forums, searching for things to do, searching for answers to my vast amount of questions. I remembered the first time I asked one. I forgot the question I (probably to shield me from the pain) but I distinctly remembered the rude remark that came from it. I remember the first time I was called, “you stupid noob! You need to learn how to use proper English.” It was not my fault that I struggled to grasp the English language. The experience made me feel like a complete loser. That experience has changed me forever.

There were various ways that I’d use to deal with this pain. I would smash my head against the keyboard, wondering why I was so stupid. “Why can’t I learn to be normal?” Why can’t I be real?” The next few weeks were even harder. The death of my mother was a life-stopper. It almost pushed me over the edge. I receded to my “mentally deranged” head (as one person called it) and was left alone to toil with my delusions, hatreds, and fears. They would (in essence) “play” with me. My only true friend was pain, and it came on a regular basis.

Then, out of the blue, someone (more like something) lends me a “hand”. It wasn’t an actual person, but rather a subconscious thought. This thought confounded me for the longest time. I wasn’t sure where it came from (and I never “saw” it again) but I’m glad it came. Dumb-founded and frustrated, I decided to give it another shot. I returned to the site, not knowing what bad luck that I would encounter. Somehow, everything changed, like night turned into day. People didn’t call me a “noob” (or at least, not as much as before). People began to talk to me like a real human being. Deep down, I knew it was the day that wouldn’t soon forget. That was the day I became real.

As I take a gander at my past, I still have many questions that I would like answered. I ponder on what would have become of me, if I never had that particular subconscious thought? What if I never visited the site? Would my life be different? To this day, those questions still haunt me like a ghost haunts a haunted house. I gaze upon the stars, looking eons ahead of my time, pondering on those very questions. Ever since I became real, I never looked back.

-Johnathan

No Title
It was a dark and gloomy night in Bedtime City, streets were deserted, locations were abandoned, rain was belting down at a fast pace. And everyone had the decency to stay inside, and stay dry. Except for one silly (possibly mentally insane) boy. His name was Poison Simpson. Now, as you may have gathered, he’s a sandwich short of a picnic, if you know what I mean. So, there he was, roaming the empty streets of Bedtime City, wondering where everybody had gone, he must of thought it was his birthday, and everyone was planning to surprise him, but oh boy was he wrong, so very very wrong. He thought long and hard about what to do, and finally came to a decision, he was going to go inside a location to keep dry. He had chosen his favourite place, The Bar. He swaggered in, thinking he was top dog, grabbed an ice cold beer, and sat on the middle of the couch, his favourite spot. Then he stopped to think, and wondered why he was all alone. Which resulted in his pants turning even more yellowier… But all of a sudden, something caught his attention, it was a small notepad lying on the floor, so he did what came naturally, and picked it up, it read: “Dear Poison, I knew you’d come to The Bar, so I decided to write a letter to you. I’d like to meet your acquaintance, meet me at this address: 68 Yellow District A, and we can discuss further business, yours sincerely, The Heartless Shadow Clan ”.
So, Poison got in his Mini Cooper (which he could “supposedly” drive), and accelerated to the designated destination…

To be continued...

-Poison

An Inconvenient Truth

It was a day like any other, 6 years ago. I was rapidly surfing the internet, searching for any sign of a game that would satisfy my overactive mind. Browsing some of my favorite sites, I came across one game in particular that seemed to catch my eye.

“W..Warbears?” I thought to myself. Who in their right mind would play a game with such a ridiculous title? But then I noticed the user comment section on the bottom. After skimming a small cluster of positive reviews, I decided to give the game a try. I had nothing to lose, or at least that’s what I thought.

Half an hour later, I had completed my first Warbears mission. Feeling ‘proud’ of myself, I shut down my computer and went to sleep, tired of all the pointing and clicking. Up to that point, the mission had seemed like any other ordinary game. Going through games at lightning speed had been a familiar routine for me. It was not until a week later that I found myself in a similar situation. I was bored and had the least idea of what to do.

As I racked my brain for an idea, I suddenly remembered that point and click game. What was it called, Warbears? It was coming back to me now, but I couldn’t remember the name of the site. Anxious to see if there were any more Warbears missions, I rushed to Google and typed in my query.
My number one search result gave me a link to “Warbears.com”. Hoping that there were more missions, I clicked it. Little did I know, this would be one of the most important, life-changing decisions I had ever made. As the page loaded, I noticed a register button. Impressed with the first mission, I joined, only to regret the decision later.

As I ventured through the virtual streets of this “Bedtime City”, I discovered the so called “joys” of Warbears. Playing quizaboom, talking with friends; even the strangers seemed to replace my needless wandering around the internet. However, even in my all-around content state of mind, I began to realize that this game was taking up more and more of my life. Shrugging the feeling off, I told myself I could quit at any time.

The social structure of this city was a curious one. I noticed that those around me seemed to worship an all-powerful bear, known to them as the “Great Ionatan” or “Ioji”, as some would call him. There were other less important, but still greatly revered, ones given the title “Moderator”, or “Mod” for short. I could not seem to figure out the reason as to why everyone were followers of the one they called “The Creator.” Intrigued, I sought to find out the secrets of BTC from experienced players, all the while surrounding myself with more missions and quizaboom. Unfortunately, I would soon ascertain the true nature of Ioji.

It was around that time that I discovered the Warbears forum. Visiting it regularly, I soon became just as engrossed in it as I had with quizaboom, if not more. It was fascinating. The polls, the discussion topics, the occasional noob; I came to love all of it, down to the lowliest rant topic. One could argue that it was, and still is just as addicting as any drug. I would soon learn why.

Time flew by quickly. Two whole years had passed by, and I was still entertained by this site. But, as it began to take my over my life, day and night, while I was awake, and while I should have been asleep, while I should have been working, and while I should have been studying, I began to realize something was very wrong. By the time three years had passed, the site had expanded far more than I could have imagined in my wildest dreams. People were playing more than ever. The site had gained worldwide recognition from gamer sites, and new players were pouring in by the minute. The media was beginning to take notice of the apparent spike in people joining Warbears. Most of them were praising Warbears for being able to do what no other gaming site had done. But a few had been hard critics of the site, claiming that it was employing various methods of “brainwashing techniques”. No one listened to these “paranoid” people, and Warbears continued to grow. The rich, the famous, and many politicians were all making a Warbears account, joining in the seemingly harmless new fad.

My wakeup call came four years after I had joined. I had been staring at a polar bear for three and a half hours straight when I finally woke up from some sort of hypnotic spell. I looked at the bear, this time, cautiously. Its eyes were normal, yet somehow, entrancing. I snapped out of it again, but this time, I knew something was fishy, and I immediately closed the window. Searching online for others who had experienced the same thing, I found a web blog, stating my worst fears. It proved to me that Ioji was using Warbears to hypnotize people, enabling him to control their lives. My mouth was open in horror as I read the blog, blatantly stating the real intention of Warbears. I needed to tell someone, yet I doubted my friends and family would believe me. While part of me was refusing to believe this, deep down I knew that what I had encountered was the truth. He was using Warbears as a tool. I gradually accepted this fact, while most of the world was blissfully unaware. From that point forward, I decided a new course of action.

The year is now 2014. Last June, “The One Formerly Known As Ioji” was elected as Supreme Prime Minister, overseeing fifty of the greatest world powers, uniting them under one, single authority. I have been continually involved in the resistance movement for two years now; doing everything I can to convince as many people to quit the site, and protest against this great injustice. Yet, every time I think about it, I feel the sting of guilt. Although our resistance movement has saved many from Iasio’s iron grip, most are still brainwashed. I pray that those who have fallen victim to his campaign will forgive me and others for allowing democracy to be trampled under his regime, of world domination.

-Tango

Drpepper's Diary
http://i40.tinypic.com/9gc846.png

-Drpepper

No Title
All the warbears were on a mission
except for Steve who wanted to be a politician
who tends reads all about them in a review,
Thinking to himself,usually about girls,he had a idea!
He thought that it was the best and couldn't wait,
To treat himself to see Maria.Better yet what about Kate?
He went to his address book,on the side,and took his Convertible for a ride.Steve asked Kate to be his bride,but she,cruelly and mean,denied!
Gobsmacked Steve cried for weeks,when finally the rest of the warbears came back.He asked them all for dating techniques,and had a supreme panic attack!
Rushed to the hospital,Steve was wheeled in the A&E ward.
The doctors,each one a girl,made him crawl.When infact Steve had damaged his vocal cord!How would he speak?How would he shriek?How would he be a cheek?He would he even seek?
Kate came to visit Steve,he got his hopes up thinking this was good,But she said that him being in A&E was a relief.Hoping he understood.
Steve was upset and yet got discharged,so went to see Maria,in a garage.
On the way he got the proposal ring enlarged,and she said but only if he'd give her a massage.

-Chaniii

Vote for the best!

Last edited by emmarox535 on Wed May 20, 2009 7:09 am; edited 6 times in total
Oscar House

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:32 pm Reply with quote

Memememememe.

Expect one from me in the next few days.
Sheena Totoro

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:35 pm Reply with quote

Oscar House wrote:
Memememememe.

Expect one from me in the next few days.

Excellent. ;D
Quizaboom
Team Member

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:45 pm Reply with quote

Warbears related?
That makes it so much harder...

But I'm a genius so I worked out what I'm going to do in the space above.

Nice idea Sheena.
Sheena Totoro

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:46 pm Reply with quote

Bjorn Harlan wrote:
Warbears related?
That makes it so much harder...

But I'm a genius so I worked out what I'm going to do in the space above.

Nice idea Sheena.

Fangs. ;D
Quizaboom
Team Member

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:52 pm Reply with quote

So... it can be about ANYTHING related to Warbears, either about the Bears themselves or in BTC?

I'd just like to clarify before I write a story that may infringe possible regulations.
Sheena Totoro

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:53 pm Reply with quote

Bjorn Harlan wrote:
So... it can be about ANYTHING related to Warbears, either about the Bears themselves or in BTC?

I'd just like to clarify before I write a story that may infringe possible regulations.

Anything related to WB, at all.
It can be about the missions, the characters, the forum, people you met at WB, BTC, anything at all.
Quizaboom
Team Member

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:54 pm Reply with quote

Excellent.
Expect a story within the next 2 seconds to 2 weeks.
Sheena Totoro

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:55 pm Reply with quote

Two seconds, I hope. ;D

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 3:16 pm Reply with quote

will this be a regular comp 'cause I can't do it this time because I have my school trip in a while and I'll be away for most of this competition
Oscar House

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 3:19 pm Reply with quote

* Oscar read the above post carelessly and decided to "scratch that".

If it's gonna be a CA competition, I doubt it'll be regular.

Last edited by Finvpwner on Mon May 11, 2009 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sheena Totoro

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 3:26 pm Reply with quote

Fireball Anderson wrote:
will this be a regular comp 'cause I can't do it this time because I have my school trip in a while and I'll be away for most of this competition

Sorry, what?
EDIT: Gahah, me too, Oscar.

Last edited by emmarox535 on Mon May 11, 2009 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fireball Anderson

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 3:27 pm Reply with quote

Confused nevermind... Neutral
Ben Lebowski

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 3:28 pm Reply with quote

He means repeating.

E: Wow, double ninja'd.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 3:29 pm Reply with quote

Uh, no, this is a one-time thing.
Maybe you could enter the non-WB-related one?

EDIT: Does anyone know who I should contact to make this CA? Zyber has gone, right?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index : Other Stuff -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: