Warbears.com
Warbear
Bedtime City Missions Shop Forum
 Forum Rules   FAQ   Search   

Day and Night versions of BTC locations
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index : Bedtime City -> Share your ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  

So, Whaddy'a think?
No ending time set.
Cool!
76%
 76%  [ 77 ]
Not bad.
7%
 7%  [ 8 ]
Eh. Not too good.
5%
 5%  [ 6 ]
IT SUCKS.
4%
 4%  [ 5 ]
TL;DR
4%
 4%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 101

Jason Totoro

Location: Inside the singularity (also known as South Florida)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:49 am Reply with quote

As we all are most likely sure, each beutiful day the earth turns around once. Although, this law of science seems to be completely avoided in the city of Bedtime. So, around 4:00 GMT (The site's default time zone) The sky would turn to a yellowish color and the sun would appear to be setting.

Around 9:00 GMT, the sun would "set" and the location would be near pitchblack, except for the exceptions. These aren't exactly your everyday exceptions, however. I've taken as much time being as creative as i possibly can with these lighting sources.

Feather Park

Feather Park. An average park, with only one difference: The huge feather figure atop the fountain. Much can be learned from Jebediah, the old fellow who sits next to it, about this gigantic symbol.
The reason in which I'm talking about the feather so much is because THIS huge thing is supposed to be the nightly lightsource. It will glow a yellowish color, brightening the entire park, despite the near black sky.
There is one little thing about this fact: The entire park won't be completely lighted. The back of the park, such as the benches and the trees will be considerably darker than the main portion of the area.

Why would you do this?

This idea recently popped into my head. These areas will be so dark becuse, with October coming like a speeding bullet, i had Halloween in mind. I think this dark feel could really help an Halloween-based event go smoother.. And the talking tree would be twice as spooky as before >:]

Feather Park Screenies:

Feather Park, daytime version (GMT time 11:01 to 4:00)
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t147/shamana2/Featherpark-1.png

Feather Park, afternoon version (GMT time 4:01 to 9:00)
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t147/shamana2/Featherparkafternoon.png

Feather Park, nighttime version (GMT time 9:01 to 6:00)
In Progress

Feather Park, morning version (GMT time 6:01 to 11:00)
In Progress

The Bar
The bar. Many of you think this is the exception to my cretivity rule, as the easiest way would just to throw a lighter brightess level as well as a flare to the lights there. But for once, you're WRONG. What I'm thinking of here is having neon lights all over the place, coming in purple, green, and blue. They'll be near everywhere, around the couch, Surrounding the dartboards, on the bar edges.

There will be some improved lights that are added in, such a green-ish glow from the beer cabin, lights behind the bar itself, and a few other things. It's quite hard to explain - Let the pictures do the talking.

Why would you do this?
Although not exactly super-accurate, lots of bars have countless neon sign plastered all over the wall, so I figured "Why not take it a step further?"
i'm sure that the users would like the idea; I'll have to see for myself. This would probably be the hardest area to lighten up, since I'm planning to lighten near everything.

Any holidays in mind for this one?
Not exactly. the color of the lights, as well as the decorations could be changed up a little, like for Christmas: the lights could all be red and blue. This could aslo apply for flag day, Easter, and even Halloween - If Ioji would be bothered to throw some lightup jack-o-lanterns in there.

Bar Screenies:

Bar, daytime version (GMT time 11:01 to 4:00)
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t147/shamana2/bar-1.png

Bar, afternoon version (GMT time 4:01 to 9:00)
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t147/shamana2/barafternoon.png

Bar, nighttime version (GMT time 9:01 to 6:00)
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t147/shamana2/barnight.png

Bar, morning version - Janitor NPC (GMT time 6:01 to 11:00)
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t147/shamana2/barmorn.png
EDITOR'S COMMENTS: "Wait a second, did you say JANITOR?!"
Yeah. Yeah i did. From GMT 6:01 to 11:00, a new NPC will appear in the bar. He looks quite a bit like Jebediah himself, although his hair is shaved more and he has a black uniform. From this time, he himself enters the bar and takes place by the western side of the lower bar, sweeping every two seconds or so with the occasionial speech added.

Quizaboom
"Quizaboom? THIS place needs a lighting source?" Actually, yeah. I thought that it would give a bit of a flare to the rooms. I thought that, in addition to the new lighting source, a BANNER at the top displaying the current GMT time, as well as the current round (EX General Knowledge, 4:56 PM)

Why would you do this?
Just cause. I really didn't have much inspiration with this one, but i thought with a couple new additions, the place could really be cool.

Any holidays?
No. Sorry guys, it's really hard to find inspiration with such a place. It's already pretty exciting. I guess you could change the color of the bot in the room to fit the current color of the holiday. Since after all, the stand colors, Question marks, and wires all would represent the time. I'll let the pictures do the talking here.

Quizaboom Screenies:

Quizaboom entrance hall
EH, Daytime version (GMT time 11:01 to 4:00)
Getting screenie at the moment

EH, Afternoon version (GMT time 4:01 to 9:00)
In Progress

EH, Nighttime version (GMT time 9:01 to 6:00)
In Progress

EH, morning version (GMT time 6:01 to 11:00)
In Progress

Quiz room - QR
QR, Daytime version (GMT time 11:01 to 4:00)
Getting screenie

QR, Afternoon version (GMT time 4:01 to 9:00)
In Progress

QR, Nighttime version (GMT time 9:01 to 6:00)
In Progress

QR, Morning version (GMT time 6:01 to 11:00)
In Progress

Number Room- NR
NR, Daytime version (GMT time 11:01 to 4:00)
Getting Screenie

NR, Afternoon version (GMT time 4:01 to 9:00)
In Progress

NR, Nighttime Version (GMT time 9:01 to 6:00)
In Progress

NR, Morning version (GMT time 6:01 to 11:00)
In Progress

Word room - WR
WR, Daytime version (GMT time 11:01 to 4:00)
Getting shot

WR, Afternoon version (GMT time 4:01 to 9:00)
In Progress

WR, Nighttime version (GMT time 9:01 to 6:00)
In progress

WR, Morning version (GMT time 6:01 to 11:00)
In Progress

The Beach
I wasn't too creative with this one. A lighthouse off in the distance would light the water, brightening it to a light green. The Battleships would light up and the ice-cream machines would light the shack.

Holidays?
Nope. it's a beach, it's pretty hard to find holidays for THAT...

Beach Screenies:
Beach, daytime version (GMT time 11:01 to 4:00)
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t147/shamana2/Beach.jpg

Beach, afternoon version (GMT time 4:01 to 9:00)
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t147/shamana2/Beachafternoon.jpg

Beach, nighttime version (GMT time 9:01 to 6:00)
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t147/shamana2/Beachnight.jpg

Beach, morning version (GMT time 6:01 to 11:00)
In Progress

Lava Lounge!
The Lava Lounge! The newest addition to the BTC, The Lava Lounge has really been a popular place. So, as well with this, I want to make this one the most spectacular of them all, with the giant lava.. Volcano thing glowing like a star during the nihgttime, as well as a change of music.
ATM, I'm not really sure what else to put up here, but i guess i'll figure that out when i start it up.

ANY HOLIDAYS?!
Oh yeah. Every single holiday you can think of. The whole place'll change when the holidays come, and even the day/night versions will get mixed up - For instance, Christmas day at nighttime version, everything in the room (excluding the lava) will turn blue and red.
And the drinks'll change too.

Lava Lounge, daytime version (GMT time 11:01 to 4:00)
In Progress

Lava Lounge, afternoon version (GMT time 4:01 to 9:00)
In Progress

Lava Lounge, nighttime version (GMT time 9:01 to 6:00)
In Progress

Lava Lounge, morning version (GMT time 6:01 to 11:00)
In Progress

BUT! This is not all!
Acknowledgements:
- Niall's old avatar, for giving me such a beautiful idea Kawaii
- Ioji for creating the great site of Warbears
- The amazing musical talents of Flogging Molly (Specifically, Drunken Lullabies) for getting me through writing and editing all of this crap XD
- My couch for seating my rump during this whole mess
- GIMP, Paint.net and Photoshop for the editing help
- Everyone who's supported me
- Anyone who actually read it all, as well as giving some actual feedback

FAQ
Where did you get the inspiration?

- Well, It all started out when a certain Niall changed his avi to a picture of himself hiding under a tree in the rain, in the SL. I decided this was an absolute wonderful idea. I tried making some weather scenes to actually try and make it real, but i didn't have Photoshop at the time which didn't help at all. And also, i later learned that it'd probably take too much time to make the spontaneous weather changes. So i moved onto other things, since my mind was exploding with ideas at the time.
So, i got the ideas for some vehicles, a cafe (Which i later decided would be connected to the library Pip is making), and some day and night versions of BTC. I just recently thought it would be a good idea to make a HUGE thread with all locations to get specifically noticed.

Holidays? What?
- I decided to throw in some holidays when i realized Halloween was coming up. i realized that the Lounge would be near the perfect place to hold an event, so the idea was born.

So who's this Janitor guy gonna be?
- The Janitor NPC was mostly described in the EDITOR'S COMMENTS section under the screenie, but i guess I'll give you a better explanation. He looks like Jebediah, but without as much hair. Wearing blue-ish overalls and a yellow flannel shirt, he sits at the back of the bar (Where the hidden window sits, as seen in the afternoon shot) and slowly sweeps the spot he stands at. He'll be about 10 meters from the cop, which i would suggest should move up the the corner of where the dartboards and the back wall meet. he'll talk every once in awhile, commenting on the "Dirty floors" and how "The bargoers are carelss about cleaning up after themselves."

- So you say the Janitor's only gonna be in the morning version? Entrance, Exit? What's here?
- Good question. The Janitor, at exactly 6:01 AM GMT time, the Janitor will walk through the door, and walk over to the square. The square will not be able to be occupied by anyone else during the other times of the day.

Real men make their houses out of bears.

Last edited by shamana2 on Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:25 am; edited 10 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Drpepper Simpson

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:54 am Reply with quote

im so sorry becuase you worked soooo hard Sad but....
http://www.warbears.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9013&highlight=night+delight

But i say, the Mods lock that one and Keep this one cuz you made all these Pics and every thing GOOD JOB! Grin grin
Jason Totoro

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:01 am Reply with quote

Drpepper Simpson wrote:

But i say, the Mods lock that one and Keep this one cuz you made all these Pics and every thing GOOD JOB! Grin grin

D: Oh my. Well, mine's much longer, and the topic's nearly a month old now so i'll leave it be.

I'm getting the screenies. I'm starting to get tired, but it's the weekend so i'll be fine.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Johnathan Svoltaire
Warbears' Logo Creator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:06 am Reply with quote

Jason Totoro wrote:
Drpepper Simpson wrote:

D: Oh my. Well, mine's much longer, and the topic's nearly a month old now so i'll leave it be.

I'm getting the screenies. I'm starting to get tired, but it's the weekend so i'll be fine.

it doesn't matter if your is longer or it hasn't been replyed to, it goes THERE

"Integration error. Microsoft's screw up is now in every application."
Pip Panzerotten
Official Comic Maker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:26 am Reply with quote

Aw come on Johnathon!

Maybe we can do it the other way around? This guy IS pretty organized compared to the other one.
Warbears' Logo Creator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:35 am Reply with quote

*Johnathan calls a time-out*
(hears an announcer) the thread is under official review!!!

"Integration error. Microsoft's screw up is now in every application."
Donny Lebowski
Official Comic Maker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:11 am Reply with quote

This has to stay, it's way better than the last one.
Comic Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:50 am Reply with quote

I like the picture of the park at afternoon but the sun is....strange can't you put the sun out the picture with photoshop ?
Jason Totoro

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:01 pm Reply with quote

Ninjabear Simpson wrote:
I like the picture of the park at afternoon but the sun is....strange can't you put the sun out the picture with photoshop ?

I would've, but I personally like it better that way. If Ioji decides it's a good idea, he can get rid of it. I kinda see what you mean though.. good thing i used multple layers Razz

EDIT: Okay, I messed with the picture and lowered the opacity a tad bit. You like?
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t147/shamana2/Featherparkafternoon-1.png

So anyway, I'm gonna go grab the screengrabs right now. Looking forward to putting them up here!

Jason Totoro

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:18 pm Reply with quote

I finished the post, and added Acknowledgements, and FAQ. The FAQ will be updated with questions other users asked, so if you want to know something, either PM me, or post in the thread. Not only will i reply to you, but i will also post the question and answer in the original post. So if you have a question, check the FAQ. Chances are someone already asked.

Drpepper Simpson

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:06 pm Reply with quote

hey mate dont Double Post Shame on you nice idea and hopfully this topid stays alive Grin grin
Ivan Anderson

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:14 pm Reply with quote

Is already done (as said Drpepper)
Drpepper Simpson

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:19 pm Reply with quote

but is'nt thise one Soooo Much bedder? Grin grin
Artman Lebowski

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:20 pm Reply with quote

Nice work, you sure have some mad editing skills, but don't you think they are a little too flashy? Trying going for something more subtle in the colour contrasts.
Jason Totoro

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:31 pm Reply with quote

Artman Lebowski wrote:
Nice work, you sure have some mad editing skills, but don't you think they are a little too flashy? Trying going for something more subtle in the colour contrasts.

I'm guessing you're talking about the bar? I really wanted it to contrast so much, because for some reason bars always have neon signs and stuff plastered all over the wall so it's always super bright during the nighttime. During the day, it's either closed or it just looks like a normal restaurant.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index : Bedtime City -> Share your ideas All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: