Warbears.com
Warbear
Bedtime City Missions Shop Forum
 Forum Rules   FAQ   Search   

Reporting.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index : Bedtime City -> BTC Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oscar House

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:38 am Reply with quote

Well, now I/we know. It's good that some people have... uhh... "a steady reporting hand".
Dennis Svoltaire

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:49 am Reply with quote

Ellie Lebowski wrote:
I completely agree. I also think there is an issue with new people not knowing how to report people when they need to. And also an issue with when you need to report someone but they've run off and you don't know how to find them.

I knew it, I never reported anyone because I don't want to get a false report. Kawaii
Bug Hunters Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:16 pm Reply with quote

But Benj, the report pages that you showed were mostly full of reports for the same person, but by different people. The real problem is when one or two users report the same person over and over. Normally when there're a lot of reports by different people they either do it at the same time, or they don't know, or it's in a different room.

Join the stfuclub. By initiation only. USAB.
Beejay Risotto

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:06 am Reply with quote

Singing is spamming!

EDIT: Reporting is what a Reporter Do!
Pip Panzerotten
Official Comic Maker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:54 am Reply with quote

Beejay Risotto wrote:
Singing is spamming!

Err, its not. (Great jam, you HAD to put that topic up in the park didnt you? I'm so gonna get blamed for this...)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:03 am Reply with quote

It can be considered as spamming if the user excessively repeats the lyrics. I have already said that.
Souljahuman Smith

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:17 pm Reply with quote

Mochi Totoro wrote:
But Benj, the report pages that you showed were mostly full of reports for the same person, but by different people. The real problem is when one or two users report the same person over and over. Normally when there're a lot of reports by different people they either do it at the same time, or they don't know, or it's in a different room.

ask ioji for and update of what time the report was and where the location was then youll know.
Benjamin Burritos

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:34 pm Reply with quote

Mochi Totoro wrote:

Tbh I think anyone in the room at the time that sees the red line showing there's been a report doesn't need to jump on the bandwaggon, it all adds up.

And at the moment I only give out warning to people that have reported the same user three times in the same incident.
Benjamin Burritos

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:21 pm Reply with quote

This is the third time this bloke has done the same thing - let it ring out as a warning to you all
Pip Panzerotten
Official Comic Maker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:24 am Reply with quote

Artman Lebowski wrote:
It can be considered as spamming if the user excessively repeats the lyrics. I have already said that.

See White Text why I think he asked
Bug Hunters Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:51 am Reply with quote

Benjamin Burritos wrote:
Tbh I think anyone in the room at the time that sees the red line showing there's been a report doesn't need to jump on the bandwaggon, it all adds up.

Well, true, but sometimes a load of users all click on the report button and are filling them out at the same time without realizing. Then they all press the send button, and you get all those reports.

Stuart Lebowski
Bug Hunters Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:18 pm Reply with quote

Mochi Totoro wrote:
Benjamin Burritos wrote:

Well, true, but sometimes a load of users all click on the report button and are filling them out at the same time without realizing. Then they all press the send button, and you get all those reports.

The reports in Ben's example are about five minutes apart, so it's probably a case of new people entering the room and reporting without seeing the previous reports.

Not a moderator. I don't know why people keep getting this idea.
Gamer House

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:19 pm Reply with quote

You guys should ask Ioji to see if he can come up with a way to limit reporting to once per area/room. phpBB should have a way to limit reports.

Like if you were in the bar and saw somebody acting up, you'd hit the report button. If nobody reported the rule breaker before in the bar, the report goes through and nobody else can report from the bar until a moderator clears the original report.

And if people do try to report the already reported incident from the bar, they'd get a pop-up saying a report has already been sent to the moderators.
Artman Lebowski

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:59 pm Reply with quote

Gamer House wrote:
You guys should ask Ioji to see if he can come up with a way to limit reporting to once per area/room. phpBB should have a way to limit reports.

Like if you were in the bar and saw somebody acting up, you'd hit the report button. If nobody reported the rule breaker before in the bar, the report goes through and nobody else can report from the bar until a moderator clears the original report.

And if people do try to report the already reported incident from the bar, they'd get a pop-up saying a report has already been sent to the moderators.
Horrible idea: What if someone else, or even the same person broke another rule? Mods would have to go trough the whole room log, which is more time-consuming than having to delete 20 similar reports.
Mochi Totoro
Bug Hunters Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:55 pm Reply with quote

Gamer House wrote:

I hope you mean for that one offender, yes?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index : Bedtime City -> BTC Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 3 of 19

Jump to: