Forum Rules   FAQ   Search   

Warbears: The Forum Game™ – GAME THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ninjabear Simpson
Comic Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:49 pm Reply with quote

Nickyh Smith wrote:
For what it's worth, I'm voting reject because I don't know if we can trust Katz (sorry Katz), and because Ninjabear likes the team. I assume he's up to something, so I won't support it.

Yes I'm up to something: wininng the game, man. Nickyh and Joyce rejecting the mission kinda makes me think there's no spy in it. I'm sure we can get one success there, but it can only work if every townie approve the team. I've already voted, and approved it. It's time to make or break, people! After Katz, it's Joyce, then Nickyh and that's it. Between the three, I've made my choice.
Rojoco Anderson

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:55 pm Reply with quote

It's a terrible team and anyone caught approving it is surely a spy.
Ninjabear Simpson
Comic Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:45 pm Reply with quote

Don't listen to him. If you check my big post on page 10. All the persons I suspect the most want to reject the team. No time for more rejection. Joyce and Nickyh aren't worth it.
Nickyh Smith

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:30 am Reply with quote

Ninjabear Simpson wrote:
Don't listen to him. If you check my big post on page 10. All the persons I suspect the most want to reject the team. No time for more rejection. Joyce and Nickyh aren't worth it.

You mean your big post of accusations with zero backing or reasoning? That's a hard pass from me.

I don't care what you think of Joyce or me. The fact is that we cannot get a single member wrong on our team selection, or it's game over.

So, why do you trust Katz, who has said very very little up until this point?

Lolbear Simpson wrote:
Learn what?
Knyh Risotto
Bug Hunters Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:44 pm Reply with quote

no prizes for guessing what happened here

Tango Totoro - approve
Rojoco Anderson - reject
Globox Simpson - reject
Takeoshi Thestreamer - pretty sure he rejected but idk zane hacked him
Marshall Branflakes - didn't vote even though i told him to what a scrub
Jurgen Smith - approve
Katz Giffuri - approve
Joyce Carpenter - reject
Nickyh Smith - reject
Ninjabear Simpson - approve

REJECTION COUNTER IS NOW AT 3

next up we have Joyce. Please pick your team by Wednesday 21st 23:59 GMT danke

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:56 pm Reply with quote

I am not going to choose a team as yet. I am looking at trying something different.

Well, I am thinking about the possibility excluding myself from this mission, as I am untested. The old "If you're not choosing yourself for a team, you are suspicious" thing is just, overrated. I can say am not a spy, regardless whether or not I really am one. So as anyone else really.

Do you really trust me enough to want to send me for this mission? Are you willing to risk someone who hasn't been tested before to join the team in this crucial stage? That's a question that I will leave all of you to answer and decide.

I am looking at a few people to send here, primarily, from the people who already have went for previous missions. I don't exactly know who to trust. But, I do know who I am NOT going to choose.

List of people I am NOT choosing for the mission:
Globox Simpson
Katz Giffuri
Ninjabear Simpson

Katz and Globox have not been speaking too much. I can't choose them as there is very little information or input coming from them.

Ninjabear, well, understand that if you're going to claim anything, you better substantiate and back your claims with reasons and evidence. Your previous few posts accusing people of being spies without reasonable justification is a big red flag for me. Unless you can justify this, you're not coming into the team. I have very little trust in you as of this point in time.

The people that I may pick are as follows:
Jurgen Smith
Marshall Brancacane (UNTESTED)
Takeoshi Totoro
Tango Totoro
Nickyh Smith

This is based on their previous posts, and they seem to me, at least, to be more trustworthy and/or more logical in their posts and their chain of thoughts. Hence the basis for this list of people.

If you all think it is a good idea, and that you seriously trust me, you can ask that I join the mission. I am working with the little bits and pieces of evidence we have as of this point. I want to choose people based on merit and trust rather than I do something like pick myself because I have to.

Finally, as I have been saying over and over and over again, we must discuss this, all of us. The path to failure is to simply sit here, do nothing and not discuss this. I am trying to get people to actually talk, rather than have silence.

I might be a mission leader now, but it is still up to the people to do what they deem is appropriate especially in the current situation we are in now.

Last edited by joyce72 on Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tango Totoro
Quizaboom
Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:50 pm Reply with quote

Rojoco Anderson wrote:
It's a terrible team and anyone caught approving it is surely a spy.

Only a spy deals in absolutes
Comic Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:36 pm Reply with quote

Whoever Joyce is going to choose, I'll have to approve because I don't want Nickyh to be able to choose a team. In my view, this is our last chance.

Joyce, I believe you should at least choose Jurgen and Takeoshi.
Nickyh Smith

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:42 am Reply with quote

Joyce Carpenter wrote:

The people that I may pick are as follows:
Jurgen Smith
Marshall Brancacane (UNTESTED)
Takeoshi Totoro
Tango Totoro
Nickyh Smith

Seems like a plausible list to me. I'm not certain about Jurgen and Marshall, but Takeoshi and Tango I agree with, based on their posts.

I would be fine if you picked yourself, given the amount of effort you've put in to avoid choosing a wrong team.

What about Rojoco? I don't see him on either of your trust/distrust list.

Lolbear Simpson wrote:
Learn what?
Joyce Carpenter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:37 pm Reply with quote

Nickyh Smith wrote:
What about Rojoco? I don't see him on either of your trust/distrust list.

Good catch, I missed him out.

I probably will not pick him at this point in time, simply because his posts carry very little "meat", as in, information that might hint intent.

I am not confident in him enough to want to choose him, I know too little about him as of this point in time. I have more faith in the people from "may pick" list than anyone else now.

That being said though, I have 5 people in that list, and there's a fairly high chance that there are a few spies in this list, so we need to thread carefully. I await discussion.
Ninjabear Simpson
Comic Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:47 pm Reply with quote

Jurg and Take are good, in my view.

Marshall is okayish.

Nickyh I distrust.
Joyce Carpenter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:43 pm Reply with quote

After some deliberation, I have made my choice of team as follows:

Joyce Carpenter (myself)
Jurgen Smith
Takeoshi Totoro
Nickyh Smith

I have chosen these people as a review of their previous posts and reasoning in the entire game gives me a general sense that these people seem to reason out their thoughts, and that it feels to me that they are working with limited information themselves, based on the way they post.

I realize that I don't know enough about Marshall to decide to pick him. He does make arguments that seemed to be fairly reasonable. But since he hasn't been on a team, he is untested. I am not willing to take a risk and send him for the mission.

I still have some doubts with Tango. He seems to be able to engage in the discussion and talk about things fairly reasonably. But since he is the mission leader of the first team, it is very possible that he could be a spy, making use of the chance to sabotage a mission. Maybe. I am not too comfortable with the concept. Whilst I have a high level of distrust in Ninjabear, because of the way he behaved and acted, I feel that if Tango were indeed a spy, he being the mission leader is a strategic position to have, to set in motion the string of failures we are in right now. For all I know, Ninjabear could be innocent.

I don't think that there were more than 1 spy in the first mission, owing to the fact that the spies are not allowed to communicate, hence it would make things unreasonably difficult for the spies, since they have to guess the action that the other spy would take. I am fairly sure that either Ninjabear or Tango is the spy.

I am not going to bother justifying myself on why I should go on the team, you either trust me, and my attempts at reasoning with you all, or you don't. I'm untested anyway.

Either way, if you have any reservations with this team, please voice out your concerns. This is not a formal submission of the list team members, to allow for discussion.

If there are no discussions or consensus, then this will be the list I send in.
Marshall Brancacane

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:52 pm Reply with quote

This idea of analysing and discussing the teams before a person provides their own opinion is really interesting and I would have hoped to be very productive. Unfortunately everyones given up, so, maybe another time but here's my view on the thing.

Your two lists I largely agree with in terms of people within them. With a couple of suspicions of my own that I'd like to share, just to offer some opinions as you wanted.

Firstly, I'll start by saying I'm not much of a fan of Takeoshi this game. There's no real evidence to provide that gives me this suspicion, I suppose it's just the way he's been speaking. Although others are saying his speaking suggests good, I don't know, I'm falling the other way and I don't particularly trust him an awful lot. (Besides, every game we've played throughout mafia, too, he's been innocent for so many in a row. What is he, banned from being evil?)

And then there's the whole mission 1 nonsense. My point of view of that is that Tango is innocent, Ninjabear is 50/50 and Nickyh I don't trust hardly at all. Throughout the game Nickyh and Ninjabear have been bombarding one another as well as Tango with attacks on 'OH, YOU'RE THE SPY'. countered by 'NO, YOU'RE THE SPY.' and by the time Ninjabear gave up, and others began to think that suspicion was being planted on Ninjabear, that's when I started to suspect Nickyh a little more. I can talk about evidence but there's no evidence on anything in the entire player list. Evidence doesn't exist. We all have our feelings and suspicions and mine lay on Takeoshi and Nickyh.

As for the others in your 'may' list; Jurgen I'm a little towards 50/50 with, but would safely suggest a 60/40 turn for him being good. I trust him, at the point of it all.

Tango, I trust. But, is still difficult. Regardless of how I feel, there was still a spy in a mission he was a part of and with the absence of any evidence whatsoever, no one can be entirely sure. What do you think of Tango, Joyce? Other than being in your 'may' list, of course. What do you think of his playing?

Myself, eh. I know I'm innocent. You don't. It's down to you to trust me or not.

From the other team, I completely understand your reasoning for not choosing them, it's been written all other this thread. Though, personally I think that Katz has just been talked about overall very negatively and that's kind of supported the impression. I trust Katz, but that's only my two cents.

Globox did one wrong thing and it stuck with him the entire game. But, no loss, really.

Ultimately here's my list of people I either trust, don't or have no opinion of/can't choose.

Trust:
Tango
Jurgen
Katz
Joyce
Marshall

Don't trust:
Nickyh
Takeoshi

Don't know, can't choose, no opinion:
Globox
Rojoco
Ninjabear

The only person I have not talked about (I think) is Joyce. Throughout the game Joyce has thrown me all kinds of way. At one point I didn't trust Joyce, at another I just got annoyed with her, and then I saw some reason. Nevertheless, I have to trust Joyce. She makes a very good point and provides a good option to make the people have a better team selection that fits people better. Although good, still tricky since she could easily believe the word of a spy. But, this is the last chance (since I don't trust Nickyh, unless I'm wrong.) so, all in really.
Ninjabear Simpson
Comic Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:38 pm Reply with quote

I haven't given up. I read the thread entirely to have a good view on things. By the way, that's why I trust Takeoshi. I don't remember when exactly but at several times, he said things to help the townies. Not just to look good, because these were things that could put the spies in danger.

Now, about Joyce's team. I really don't want Nickyh to be in it. That's too dangerous. The rest of the team is fine, to me.

You could send Marshall instead, but not Nickyh and not Rojoco either. Also not Globox.
Tango Totoro
Quizaboom
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:01 pm Reply with quote

Welp, I wasn't sure about either Joyce or Nickyh, but now our fate is in their hands so we'll have to make it work.

If the team Joyce ultimately picks gets rejected, Nickyh will be the fifth and final mission leader for M3. He will have ultimate power to pick whoever he wants, so if he's a spy we automatically lose.

Given that, I feel we should hedge against the risk he could be a spy by not including Nickyh on this team.

This team only makes sense if you really trust both Joyce AND Nickyh. If you think chances are high that one of them is a spy (even if you're not sure which) having them on the same team is bad.

My (admittedly selfish) suggestion is put me on the team instead of Nickyh. This team is drawing members from all the different pools, so subbing me in would preserve that aspect of it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index : Other Stuff -> Forum Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

Jump to: