Bedtime City Missions Shop Forum
 Forum Rules   FAQ   Search   

Warbears: The Forum Game™ – GAME THREAD
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Knyh Risotto
Bug Hunters Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:18 pm Reply with quote

Warbears: The Forum Game™ - The Game Thread – Go Ahead and Talk a Bunch!
    The Warbears are a specially trained team of agents who protect Bedtime City against threats. Missing since the events of Mission 3, the people of BTC must instead defend themselves. The evil Knyh has planned to take over the Bar and needs to be stopped. Mission 1: Find his evil lair. Mission 2: Enter the Lair. Mission 3: Assassinate Knyh. Realistically, this should be easy. But the people didn’t count on the Knyh-fanatic spies, and their efforts to sabotage…

The sign up thread for rules and such!

A REMINDER THERE IS STRICTLY ZERO COMMUNICATION ABOUT THE GAME OFF THREAD, EVEN BETWEEN SPIES. Talking in the thread is almost always a GOOD THING, as you are unlikely to be selected for a mission if you do not talk.

There are 6 People and 4 Spies. A gamecard will be published by me at the start of every Team Selection Phase showing progress. I will also post the requirements for each phase in text for convenience.
Below is the player order – We will stick to this for the entire game.
    Player Order:
    Tango Totoro
    Rojoco Anderson
    Globox Simpson
    Takeoshi Thestreamer
    Marshall Branflakes
    Jurgen Smith
    Katz Giffuri
    Joyce Carpenter
    Nickyh Smith
    Ninjabear Simpson
Reminder of Win Conditions
The People win if 3 missions Succeed. The Spies win if 3 missions are Sabotaged. If the Rejection Counter reaches 5, the Spies win immediately.
Bug Hunters Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:19 pm Reply with quote

Game Log

Mission 1
Mission 2
    Leader: Rojoco (Post)Team: Rojoco, Takeoshi, Katz, Joyce (Post)
    Gamecard
    Votes:
    Tango Totoro - reject
    Rojoco Anderson - reject
    Globox Simpson - reject
    Takeoshi Thestreamer - reject
    Marshall Branflakes - approve
    Jurgen Smith - reject
    Katz Giffuri - reject
    Joyce Carpenter - approve
    Nickyh Smith - reject
    Ninjabear Simpson - reject

TEAM REJECTED

Leader: Globox (Post)Team: Globox, Marshall, Jurgen, Katz (Post)
    Gamecard
    Votes:
    Tango Totoro - approve
    Rojoco Anderson - reject
    Globox Simpson - DID NOT VOTE - reject
    Marshall Branflakes - reject
    Jurgen Smith - reject
    Katz Giffuri - DID NOT VOTE - reject
    Nickyh Smith - reject
    Ninjabear Simpson - reject

TEAM REJECTED

Leader: Takeoshi (Post)Team: Takeashoe, Jurgen, Rojoco, Ninjabear (Post)
    Gamecard
    Votes:
    Tango Totoro - reject
    Rojoco Anderson - approve
    Globox Simpson - approve
    Takeoshi Thestreamer - approve
    Jurgen Smith - approve
    Katz Giffuri - approve
    Nickyh Smith - approve
    Ninjabear Simpson - approve

MISSION TEAM APPROVED
    MISSION SABOTAGED: One Sabotage, Three Succeed

Mission 1
    Leader: Marshall (Post)Team: Marshall, Rojoco, Katz, Joyce (Post)
    Gamecard
    Votes:
    Tango Totoro - reject
    Rojoco Anderson - reject
    Globox Simpson - reject
    Jurgen Smith - reject
    Katz Giffuri - approve
    Joyce Carpenter - reject
    Nickyh Smith - reject
    Ninjabear Simpson - approve
    TEAM REJECTED

Leader: Jurgen (Post)Team: some peeps [url=legiturlhere](Post)[/url]
    Gamecard
    Votes:

Last edited by deamon on Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:03 pm; edited 14 times in total
Knyh Risotto
Bug Hunters Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:19 pm Reply with quote

The People were fortified in the bar. One of the fridges has blocked the door, and they had added some wooden bars as well. Rojoco had acquired some weapons, Joyce was scribbling on the walls, and Zane and Pepper were busy in the corner having their own party. Katz was rolling on the sofa, giggling. The others stood around, chatting and general contemplating their lives. All the beer had been drunk, and supplies were running low. Knyh had caused all of this, and without the Warbears to fight him, BTC was lost.

That was, of course, if the citizens didn’t take things into their own hands. Which was exactly what they were about to do. They decided to send three scouts to find where Knyh had holed up and was running the ruined city from. Bedtime city was famed for its arguments, so of course they couldn’t just decide on the three fastest. Each wanted to go for their own reasons, so a voting plan was drawn up. They couldn’t decide on a leader, so chose at random. To make things fair, they decided to change leader after each big decision. There would be a rotating order, so they each got their turn.

The lucky winner of the draw was Tango, the first elected leader of The People of the Free Bedtime City. Not those dirty Free People of the City of Bedtime that were hiding in bar 2… Don’t mix those up. He would choose the three lucky scouts, and Knyh would be found. After that, they simply had to kill him. I sure hope nobody will try to sabotage that…

Gamecard:

(Ruined Bar kindly donated by Rojoco, Avatars acquired by Marshall <3)

Your mission leader is Tango Totoro. They must select THREE people for this mission. The deadline for selection is Tuesday 6th February, 23:59 GMT.

A REMINDER THERE IS STRICTLY ZERO COMMUNICATION ABOUT THE GAME OFF THREAD, EVEN BETWEEN SPIES. Talking in the thread is almost always a GOOD THING, as you are unlikely to be selected for a mission if you do not talk.
Enjoy the game! Very Happy
Quizaboom
Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:38 pm Reply with quote

Knyh Risotto wrote:
[url=XXX](Post)[/url]

nice placeholder tags
Knyh Risotto
Bug Hunters Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:38 pm Reply with quote

be thankful i didn't stick a bobz in with that placeholder
Quizaboom
Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:40 pm Reply with quote

Have I stopped being able to read, or am I missing what you're actually saying here like an idiot?
Nickyh Smith

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:48 am Reply with quote

*Glances at both fridges*

Well, we're definitely low on beer...

Can we look for more beer while we scout for Knyh?

Lolbear Simpson wrote:
Learn what?
Tango Totoro
Quizaboom
Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:25 am Reply with quote

So, I can select any 3 people (including myself) to be nominees for Mission One. I really have no reason to suspect anyone of being a spy at this point. Here is my team selection:

Tango
Nickyh
Ninjabear

I pick Nickyh and Ninjabear because they are last in play order, and it would take a long time to learn information about them otherwise.
Bug Hunters Team Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:04 pm Reply with quote

Tango has selected his team. It is now up to ALL OF YOU, including the mission leader to vote on this. You can either "Approve" or "Reject" the team by PMing me. You may freely discuss voting in the thread, however please remember to PM me your final decision.

The deadline for votes will be Sunday 4th February 23:59 GMT.

Please remember, again, do not discuss this off the thread. Also remember that failure to vote will lead to your vote being counted as a "Reject", and may lead to you being replaced in the game.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:16 pm Reply with quote

Assuming we can trust Tango and Ninjabear, and I can (definitely) trust myself... Seems like an okay selection.

I promise to hunt for extra beer while hunting for Knyh!

Lolbear Simpson wrote:
Learn what?
Marshall Brancacane

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:43 pm Reply with quote

Might as well approve of this team for the easy point for the town. This is because no one has any information or suspicions about anyone as of yet, as it's the first night, so it would be idiotic for spies to doing any spy stuff and go through the entire game with that suspicion and question to their name and everyone in the team.

...I guess: I don't know. Scenarios and stuff.
Takeoshi Totoro
Warbears Mockup Master

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:28 pm Reply with quote

BAD ROLEPLAY BELOW

Takeoshi looking out of the stained windows of the bar, up towards the sky. The permanent white 'wb' pattern had been replaced recently by a message, an error message. The server could no longer be connected to. BTC was disconnected from the outside world. Our God had forsaken us.

Even worse. Since the apocalypse a cult had formed around the discord server run by the ugly Knyh Risotto. A man who lacked moral character and the ability to use his moderation powers with restraint. In the void the apparent disconnection had left his discord was one of the final vestiges of power for people to work for. Corruption ran rife in the Knyh Risotto faction and they were militant in their expansion across the dark ruins of this once somewhat okay but really just a cheap habbo hotel knockoff city.

Hopefully the citizens of BTC could free themselves from this madness..

IMPORTANT BIT BELOW

Just to point out some game mechanic stuff as many people here havent played before.

Remember we always get 4 failed votes before we have to send a group on a mission. There is information to be learned in the picks made and therefore generally we probably dont want to vote in the first mission suggested.

The only reason to rush a vote faster than the 5th is if you dont trust the next few people in line to decide the team. However right now we dont have any trust information to go on so we should be spending as much time as possible in this early phase to learn information to use in the later phase.

Therefore I am going to vote no on this mission.
Tango Totoro
Quizaboom
Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:11 am Reply with quote

I can't really disagree with anything you've said, based on my experience of this game.

But obviously I am voting with the information that I have, and I know that I am not a spy. Given that, I know my best shot to successfully influence passage of Mission One (M1) is with me on the team and two other people picked by myself that have a random chance of being spy. If someone else is team leader, there is a 40% chance (in my mind) they are spy and have the opportunity to sabotage this mission, which puts us that much closer to losing.

The argument works both ways of course. Since Takeoshi is only fourth in play order, he could conceivably pick the team for M1, which is desirable for him regardless of alignment. So his no vote is not entirely unselfish. In fact, it might be in the best interest of the four players after me to vote no until they are leader.

That's why I picked Ninjabear and Nickyh for the team. Given that everyone has a random chance of being spy with my limited info, I picked the players with currently the least power and least reason to switch leaders an opportunity to be involved and show evidence they can be trusted.

Also, I strongly disagree with Marshall that it would be idiotic or out of question that spies would benefit from sabotaging M1). A win is a win after all, and while one of them would be under suspicion it's undeniable they would be moved much further ahead in the game. Especially since with our game setup, suspicion would be spread out over three people not two, with as many as three spies still lurking elsewhere.

Honestly, I am not so sure we would learn a ton of information by passing through 4 or 5 leaders for M1. If I accidentally picked a spy for the team, should other spies vote to approve or deny? If I was a spy, would I pick other spies or regular people? I don't know that there are certain answers one way or another. While going through 5 leaders for this first mission certainly generates a lot of data for us, can we really glean useful information from it now or later on?

Frankly, I am not so sure that's worth going weeks until Mission One comes to an end. The only data I really think is useful right now is the outcome of Mission One (success or sabotage).

In summary, Takeoshi's argument is quite valid, but I will be voting to approve this team and hopefully many of you will too.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:10 am Reply with quote

I see Takeoshi's point, though. Each mission allows 4 rejections before an approval MUST go through, lest we lose the game. A sabotage on round 1 or round 5 gives the same penalty, but doing so by round 5 gives more room for discussions/more info.

The main problem, of course, is that the majority of the players are silent, from deliberate choice or not. Harder to glean information from silent people Think

Lolbear Simpson wrote:
Learn what?
Takeoshi Totoro
Warbears Mockup Master

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:48 pm Reply with quote

Tango Totoro wrote:
Also, I strongly disagree with Marshall that it would be idiotic or out of question that spies would benefit from sabotaging M1). A win is a win after all, and while one of them would be under suspicion it's undeniable they would be moved much further ahead in the game. Especially since with our game setup, suspicion would be spread out over three people not two, with as many as three spies still lurking elsewhere.

Yeah in this game there are 4 spies. One of them putting suspicion on themselves and two other innocents isnt really a bad move as we will need to use at least one person that was in the first mission in the final mission(assuming of course the score is 2-2 at that point).

And yes, obviously having noticed that I am fourth in line to create a mission I plan on stalling until then. I personally learn most from a mission by being on it, if it fails I can narrow down suspects to two others as I dont need to suspect myself, and therefore I want to be on the first mission.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index : Other Stuff -> Forum Games All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: