Warbears.com
Warbear
Bedtime City Missions Shop Forum
 Forum Rules   FAQ   Search   

Who's the Boss? - Sign-up thread
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index : Other Stuff -> Forum Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Globox Simpson

Location: The land of Köttbullar and Smörgåsbord, and epic guys with beards and hats

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:06 am Reply with quote

The Warbears veterans might know that this game was hosted seven years ago (time flies, huh?) and got cancelled due to becoming a complete disaster after a while. Thus, we're going to give it another shot and hope it will turn out better this time. If you're new to this game or need a refresher, just hang on for an explanation.

Gameplay

All players work for a company that's begun downsizing. One player is secretly the Boss, who is in charge of terminating unnecessary employees. Each round (about three real life days), the players vote for who they think is the Boss. If the Boss receives a majority of the votes, the Boss is fired and the players win. If not, the Boss may fire employees based on certain criteria (elaborated on further down), which begins a new round. The game continues until one of the victory conditions (see the "Victory" section) is reached.

The Boss

Nobody has ever seen the Boss, but angering them is the perfect way to get fired. (Or as the Boss might like to say it, "terminated") The only person aware of the Boss' identity is the Rat. Each round, the Boss will be given a list of people to fire, from which they'll be able to select a certain number of people. Once the Boss has made their selection, said employees are immediately fired. The Boss may write a memo for the employees containing anything the Boss wants to discuss. In addition, the Boss must answer the question from the Office Psychiatrist truthfully, though they may twist their words however they want.

The Rat

The Rat is the only ally the Boss has, and their identity is hidden from everyone. Not even the Boss knows who the Rat is. Instead of voting, the Rat must hack into the network each round to find out who voted for who. They may then use this information to protect the Boss from getting into trouble, though they may not disclose any specific voting results to anyone due to company policy.

The Office Psychiatrist

Each round, the Office Psychiatrist must ask the Boss a question indirectly through the narrator, which the Boss must answer. However, the question can not be something that would instantly give away the Boss' identity. If the Office Psychiatrist is fired, the therapy sessions end, for obvious reasons, and no further questions will be answered by the Boss. The Office Psychiatrist votes like a regular employee.

Voting

All players except the Boss and Rat vote by sending the narrator (me) a PM containing the name of the person you want to vote for. The Rat hacks the network during this time, and the Psychiatrist must provide a question for the Boss to answer, in addition to the vote. The voting period will be around three days for each round, with a deadline clearly indicated. Failing to vote will result in immediate termination due to slacking off. Once voting ends, the firing list is compiled and the Boss will get up to two days to perform their obligations. After this, the firings happen and a new round begins.

Lemmings

Whoever receives the most votes is called the Candidate. There may be multiple Candidates in the event of a tie. In case of a tie, the Boss uses their executive privilege to avoid getting fired, letting the other Candidates take the fall. If the Candidate(s) turns out to not be the boss, all people who voted for them are called Lemmings. Since the Boss wants people who can think for themselves, all Lemmings will be placed on the firing list.

The Firing List

The Boss may not fire anyone who isn't on the firing list. Each round, the firing list consists of the following:

1. Lemmings
2. The Rat, in the event that the Rat fails to hack the network a round, or if the boss gets 25% or more of the votes in a round.
3. The Office Psychiatrist in the event that they vote but fail to submit a question and are not already a Lemming.
4. Players who break rules or misbehave otherwise. (Can lead to an automatic firing in severe cases)

Once the list is presented, the Boss will select a variable number (determined by various factors such as number of automatically fired players, if the game has been going too slow or too fast, etc.) of employees to fire from the list. A player who voted for the Boss cannot be put on the firing list.

Firing

If the Boss receives over 50% of the votes, they are automatically fired and the game ends with the employees victorious. Otherwise, the Boss fires the selection they've made from the firing list. If the Boss gets over 25% of the votes in a round, the Rat will be put on the firing list with their username, unless the boss get over 33% of the votes, at which point they will instead be listed as "The Rat" on the firing list. If the current allowed number of allowed firings will end the game, the Rat will be safe from firing. A fired player is not allowed to participate in the game after this point, other than making a quick "last words" statement.

Victory

There are three possible ways to end and win the game:

1. The Boss wins on their own when there's only one other employee left who hasn't been fired, or if all other employees have been fired.
2. The Boss and Rat win together if they are the only ones left or if only one other employee is left.
3. The employees win if the boss is fired.

If you have any questions about the game that I have failed to answer in my post, ask away. Otherwise, join by posting "I'm in" or a similar message below!

Sign-ups end March 7th 23:59 GMT+1

Players:
Lololololtyu House
Miniman Mazinga
Takeoshi Totoro
Ben Lebowski
Jurgen Smith
Yummytummy Burritos
Ninjabear Simpson
Roxie Bauer
Knyh Risotto
Labana House
Katz Giffuri
Pete Totoro
Pepper Brancacane
Zeus Simpson
Jonpatrick Smith
Zane Lebowski
Crazyone Totoro
Amazing Simpson
Scarlett Totoro
Tango Totoro
Simon Griffin

Last edited by globox85 on Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:55 pm; edited 14 times in total
Lololololtyu House

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:15 am Reply with quote

*hacker voice* I'm in
Miniman Mazinga

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:17 am Reply with quote

Yeeeeeesssss
Takeoshi Totoro
Warbears Mockup Master

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:19 am Reply with quote

ye
Ben Lebowski

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:33 am Reply with quote

Put me in, coach!
Yummytummy Burritos

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:52 pm Reply with quote

Go on then
Ninjabear Simpson
Comic Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:28 pm Reply with quote

I'm in Ninja
Roxie Bauer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:31 pm Reply with quote

i'm in, as long as me and jack are the boss and the rat respectively
Knyh Risotto
Bug Hunters Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:41 pm Reply with quote

am i in yet

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:53 pm Reply with quote

Hello! I want in!
Katz Giffuri

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:06 pm Reply with quote

Lemme at 'em!
Pete Totoro
Translators Team

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:46 pm Reply with quote

Sure, I'm in.
Pepper Brancacane

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:42 pm Reply with quote

Meeeee
Zeus Simpson

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:55 am Reply with quote

Ha, this sounds great. Sign me up, boyo.
Jonpatrick Smith

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:16 pm Reply with quote

I wish to take part in this jolly good fun hosted by atekshio in red
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index : Other Stuff -> Forum Games All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: