Warbears.com
Warbear
Bedtime City Missions Shop Forum
 Forum Rules   FAQ   Search   

The COMCA Hub
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you be interested in a Warbears themed competition?
No ending time set.
Absolutely!
60%
 60%  [ 15 ]
Eh, maybe, if other people show interest.
32%
 32%  [ 8 ]
Not at all.
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 25

Roxie Bauer

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 4:38 pm Reply with quote

Hello, and welcome to the Citizen-Organized Monthly Competition Association hub, which is the hub for an, uh, association for monthly competitions organized by citizens, mostly by your gracious and dashingly gorgeous host Roxie - commonly known as Ms. Twigglet Simpson.

We aim at filling the gap between that fateful October evening in 2012 and the upcoming (re)construction of Bedtime City and beyond by presenting the citizens with an array of competitions for them to involve themselves in to pass the time.

These competitions can be just about anything, and while they will always be at least slightly linked to our furry foursome of justice (and their city), I feel that there are many opportunities to explore new ideas and to have a jolly good time whilst doing so.

Prizes

But wait, there's more! Most competitions offer some sort of reward for winning or being a runner-up in them. Prepare to be amazed as I announce to you that each competition ran by the COMCA offers not two, not three, but ONE WHOLE PRIZE for every winner! What is this prize? This is currently a mystery goodie that can be received after reaching a certain number of points. It is a secret for multiple reasons: A) to keep citizens interested and participating in this monthly event, B) as a way to encourage citizens to enter in hopes of landing the elusive spoils and C) because I am a silly, silly woman who has not decided what the prize will be.

The Points System

The points system is also remaining fairly mysterious - be it temporarily or permanently - but I can assure you that it actually exists. While I am not going announce exactly all of the ways points are awarded, you can feel safe in knowing these few ways of adding points to your invisible scoreboard:
A) Winning a competition. Simple, no?
B) Being a runner-up. Easy, yes?
C) Entering a competition. Elementary, right?

Again, there are a few other ways to win points but don't stress yourself out on how to do it - the quickest way to rack up points is just to win competitions.

The spoils shall be dished out at the end of the December competition, and then my personal citizen leaderboards reset for the start of the next year in order to allow newer competition-players a foothold. We don't expect you to constantly have to beat one particular person in order to have a chance of winning!

In addition to there being citizen leaderboards, there is also a global point drive - each and every point anybody wins will be added to a big ol' pile of points. After the points reach past a certain threshold I will release goodies for the whole forum to enjoy - little extras I picked up or made here and there, just for this particular purpose. And trust me, they're pretty great!

COMPETITIONS

June [IN PROGRESS]: Original comic competition (theme: make me feel nostalgic!)
introduction entries runners-up

[Expect there to be updates to this format after the first competition is finished]

Original introduction, for prosperity
Okay, so, to raise morale here, I'm going to be hosting a series of Warbears related competitions over the next few months. I have a few ideas already, mainly stuff we used to do on the forums back when they were more active.

However, I'm not going to do it unless a significant number of people get interested in participating, obviously, so remember to vote in the poll and give me feedback here (whether you're interested or not)

Last edited by twigglet9 on Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Leroy Simpson

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 5:07 pm Reply with quote

Wait, War-Bears?
Comic Team Member

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:38 pm Reply with quote

Sounds cool, I'm in.
Globox Simpson

Location: The land of Köttbullar and Smörgåsbord, and epic guys with beards and hats

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:49 pm Reply with quote

Yeah, definitely!
Roxie Bauer

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 1:24 pm Reply with quote

A few more votes and I'll absolutely set this up officially!
Zane Lebowski

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 8:12 pm Reply with quote

Sounds really cool. I'm up for it. Very Happy
Ellie Cola

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 9:42 pm Reply with quote

Iiii would definitely be up for this!
Roxie Bauer

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 4:36 pm Reply with quote

Alrighty! I'll absolutely be doing it, from the responses I've been getting (both and and off of here). In fact, it looks like the most positive response anybody has to anything community based since Holly's Christmas video!

EDIT: Actually, since it got such a positive response, I think that before we begin we should have a consensus on how we're going to do this.

Each competition will, obviously, have a winner. My first query is:

>How shall it be judged?

As in, should I put each entree into a poll and have everybody vote for their favourite? Should I whip up a panel of judges (typically moderators come to mind but it doesn't necessarily need to be done like this)? Should I just judge it myself? I think the latter should only be chosen as a last resort, but feel free to bounce some ideas on that.

Secondly:

>Should there be a prize, and if so, what? Obviously, it would either need to be something temporary, or something of little value (as there's gonna be a bunch of these competition). Again, any ideas?
Ellie Cola

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 5:14 pm Reply with quote

Twigglet Simpson wrote:
>How shall it be judged?

I reckon the poll idea would be good. Polls seem to be a useful thing around here on the forums, and it'd be good to use them. Only concern is the lack of people voting due to inactivity which could result in ties. Also the potential risk of people cheating is a possibility. That's where the moderators judging sounds more reasonable, as the vote will not be biased and nobody can complain about votes being rigged etc. Either of these sound good.
Twigglet Simpson wrote:
>Should there be a prize, and if so, what?

Not so sure on this. I don't know what sort of prize you'd have in mind. The only thing that pops into mind is cheap, small bundle games. Which only comes to thought as it would be a personal preference of mine. I'm sure most people would be happy to do this for fun, and the reward of giving the forums a little more life should be prize enough!

Twigglet Simpson wrote:
In fact, it looks like the most positive response anybody has to anything community based since Holly's Christmas video!

Oh fanks, u
Ninjabear Simpson
Comic Team Member

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 5:44 pm Reply with quote

The prizes could be cool drawings done by those who have drawing skills, if some of them are still here.
Labana House

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 6:13 pm Reply with quote

I think the polls would be a great idea! There are specific sites for polls and some make sure only once an IP can vote, but that could be rigged too. Maybe you can pick judges and a poll and make it like 50% of the votes are from judges and 50% from the poll and pick a winner based o nthis.

The prizes could be a drawing or something like a pixel costume for your characters OR they could have there own page on the warbears wiki! I think the wiki one would be sweet Kawaiic
Zane Lebowski

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 8:16 pm Reply with quote

Labana House wrote:
Maybe you can pick judges and a poll and make it like 50% of the votes are from judges and 50% from the poll and pick a winner based o nthis.

I agree with Labana on this.

The prize could be some awesome drawing done by some awesome artist from warbears, I would suggest Rod (Pepper Brancacane), but only if he agrees, plus I bet we have a ton of other great artists out there!
Roxie Bauer

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 11:17 am Reply with quote

I could do it so that each of the judges has a vote that is worth more than just one (like three, perhaps) points, but still have a poll? If I have a poll, then I'd like everybody to participate in good spirit - we've had competitions before where people ask others to make accounts to vote for them and stuff, and if I find out that anybody does this, they'll be banned from participating in any of my future competitions
Zane Lebowski

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 11:41 am Reply with quote

That does sound fair! Very Happy
Just got to figure out the number of judges.
Jurgen Smith
Quizaboom
Team Member

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 2:26 pm Reply with quote

I'd be more than happy to act as a judge if required.

All looks good - excited to see where this goes!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index : Warbears -> Collaboration All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: