Bedtime City Missions Shop Forum
 Forum Rules   FAQ   Search   

Warbears.com: The Story of Us
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Warts Smith
Comic Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:39 pm Reply with quote

Okay, so I have been thinking, we're all going to leave eventually, but before we do, let's look back at the wonderful memories we made, as well as some downtimes. Warbears.com has brought us together on several occasions...well those who gave the community a chance. So how about we write up our history? So that when the time comes for us to move on the dusty road with tears in our eyes, we leave the memories of BTC to the others, inspiring them to keep the community alive, and hell maybe even make it thrive! I'd appreciate as much help as I can get from this, especially about the early stuff.

So that we can get this started, are there any members who have been here since the beginning anymore? If so, if you could stand into the spotlight, we could really use some enlightenment of the early days.
Quizaboom
Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:45 am Reply with quote

I don't mean to hijack your thread Warts, it's a nice idea, but wouldn't it be easier to just ask everyone to recall their fondest memories in as much detail as possible?

I remember the days when me and Wisdom would raise hell in the Bar, often ending in pooping in Row's mouth and getting repeatedly kicked. Frankly I think she enjoyed it otherwise those dozens if not hundreds of kicks would've been bans.

I joined in late 2007 and don't remember a lot of early 2008 but somewhere in that time frame I became quite good at Quizaboom and just spent FOREVER in there with some really sound people, notably Sob, Sam, Lauren, Dalia, Odetth, Tango and soooo many other people I am probably forgetting!

Honestly I don't know how I spent so much time in there. I'd get bored playing for 8 hours at a time now.

Such good times though.
Zeus Simpson

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:11 am Reply with quote

I came in 2009, so I'm not ment to be here.
Funny Lebowski
Bug Hunters Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:48 am Reply with quote

I joined in 2008 technically, but I spent a lot of time as a guest beforehand. Which reminds me: The Guest House. It seemed to get a lot of bad press, but it wasn't that bad a lot of the time. Quite a few members went in there just for a random talk to the guests.
I fondly remember Jackdaw, Wisdom, Joseph etc. Those lot were pretty good, and we used to spend time just talking away in the bar.
I also met someone called "Scarlett Totoro" when I first signed up, and we've been talking for 4 years.
Warts Smith
Comic Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:49 am Reply with quote

Hmm...you guys gave me an idea! Whoever wants to be a part of this thread just post great memories that you had. Such as things you dod with friends who left. I can make that into a separate section and gt a couple of people to help me write about some stuff.

I just thought of writing of everything that we did separately. What I mean is separate stuff by specific dates, general years, specific events, great public memories as well as great personal memories. This threads going to be a monster but I think it'll be a nice addition. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:12 am Reply with quote

Greatdown's spam war is notable.

Location: The land of Köttbullar and Smörgåsbord, and epic guys with beards and hats

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:59 pm Reply with quote

I have been here almost since the beginning. My fondest memories are spending the whole summer vacation when I was 9 yearning for Mission 3. When Ioji said that it would be coming really soon, each day after school, I rushed home and checked, just to be disappointed. Finally, one day, I think it was a Friday, I walked home through the rain. I turned on the computer, expecting nothing new. And there it was. One of my life's happiest moments, until I found out that I had no clue what to do.
Trick Brancacane

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:08 pm Reply with quote

I'll just brag and tell you guys that I came here before the Comic Shop opened.

I remember there were only 2 comics there, one was Donny's and one was Pip's.

OH! And on Christmas there was a special comic book released by all of the official comic makers.

It was kind of lame thought.

My memory is quite bad.

Oooh! Look! A shiny object!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:06 pm Reply with quote

Funny Lebowski wrote:
I joined in 2008 technically, but I spent a lot of time as a guest beforehand. Which reminds me: The Guest House. It seemed to get a lot of bad press, but it wasn't that bad a lot of the time. Quite a few members went in there just for a random talk to the guests.

My thoughts exactly. I never understood people's dislike of the guest room. Although often chaotic it's not like members were forced to go there. It was a great way of attracting new people and shouldn't have been removed. I joined in early 2008 but had been coming here as a guest as far back as Dec 07. I wouldn't have joined if I hadn't first been a guest. Talking to the actual members that occasionally went there (Elvis, Homer, Jeanbean) encouraged me to get my first email address and sign up as a citizen. It may seem hard to believe but WB was my first experience of instant social interaction on the internet. I was 15 at the time and hadn't had the internet at home for very long. I used to love WB, I'd come here every day to talk to my friends. A lot of those people moved on as the site became more and more neglected. To be honest I don't know what's keeping me here anymore, but here I am regardless.
Pepper Brancacane

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:13 pm Reply with quote

LOL the guest room characters were so ugly, I would always make fun of them ;D and OMD bald people! THEY ARE SO FUNNYYYY. Why did Ioji take away bald people?!?! eurgh! I remember when I met Zane. She was trying to kill me because I had sabotaged her plans *-* who would have known I would be friends with her 3 years later? And Hans and Rowena LOL i remember trying to impress them and constantly asking Rowena "why do u say "you" instead of u?" AHHH memories... I would spam the hell out of Rowena ;D
Warts Smith
Comic Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:03 pm Reply with quote

Not gonna lie this is pretty touching. Lol. Now any ideas how we can organize this?
Bug Hunters Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:05 pm Reply with quote

Pretty difficult thing to organise. What kind of thing are you wanting from this? One big collaborative effort? If so, you could try getting people to send in substantial memories, to be put together in a kind of "book" thing.
Leroy Simpson

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:11 pm Reply with quote

Can we have two people doing things about Puck, one of them being me from my view and another being the tormented one.
Comic Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:18 pm Reply with quote

Leroy Simpson wrote:
Can we have two people doing things about Puck, one of them being me from my view and another being the tormented one.

No.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:22 pm Reply with quote

Warts Smith wrote:
Leroy Simpson wrote:

No.

Well, that's a shame. So, we're missing out all the bad things that have happened on Warbears?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index : Warbears -> Collaboration All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: