Warbears.com
Warbear
Bedtime City Missions Shop Forum
 Forum Rules   FAQ   Search   

What is considered spam?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index : Warbears -> General WB Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wiredbear House

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:48 pm Reply with quote

Okay, a friend of mine is perma banned for spamming. He visits Warbears, he pretends he's running a little shop and tried to have fun and interact with the other members of the community, but twice he's been warned about "spamming" and him and I don't get it. What is so wrong about what he's doing? Role play? I mean, others do this, and have been here for years, and now my friend gets Perma banned?
Msc Anderson

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:59 pm Reply with quote

Did he say the same thing several times?
Oscar House

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:08 pm Reply with quote

From what I've seen of Pamma in BTC (I'm assuming he's who you're talking about), he's not exactly a model citizen. All I can say is that if you manage to get yourself permanently banned in a month, there's something you're doing wrong.
Msc Anderson

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:19 pm Reply with quote

Oscar House wrote:
From what I've seen of Pamma in BTC (I'm assuming he's who you're talking about), he's not exactly a model citizen. All I can say is that if you manage to get yourself permanently banned in a month, there's something you're doing wrong.

Ohh, I didn't realise it was Pamma. End of discussion?
Dyon Risotto

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:28 pm Reply with quote

Lol. You're connecting the wrong things. he made that fake shop AND spammed. Spam is something different. He wasn't banned for the shop.
Wiredbear House

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:43 am Reply with quote

Yes, its Pamma. What sort of repeated thing did he say? I promise and will vouch for him, that he'll stop that behavior if he knows for sure its wrong.

Sorry to hear he's not a model citizen - I can talk to him about that also. I'm basically like his big brother and friend in real life, so I can make sure he behaves. And if he misbehaves and someone emails me or something I can get it corrected. Nonetheless, he really does LOVE Warbears, and is rather addicted to it, and the community, but he's been having alot of problems with one of the other members in particular. Also, He complained yesterday of a member being very racist.

I'll talk to him some more about it after this post and let him know, what he may be doing wrong (repeating things unnecessarily) and misbehaving in general. I won't get his hopes up, but at least I'm grateful folks might help clarify the spamming issue.

P.S. - Just spoke with him, and he's sorry for what happened, says he'll miss hanging out here, but he's going through some hard times at home, and maybe that's coming through in his online interactions. The repeating thing I think, just knowing him in real life, is something he *might* also do in real life, if its what I am thinking of...

Anyway he's not asking for another chance or anything, but says he's sorry for it. I know he was really addicted to this place.
Ben Lebowski

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:53 am Reply with quote

It's not that he was simply repeating things - It's that he was filling the chat logs with random gibberish focused on a very short period of time (within five seconds, entering text such as "a" "j" "y" "hv" "f" "fiqtwjha" "ajfmza"). It may not seem like a very serious offense, but when the warning bar reaches seven warnings then it's a permanent ban -- no exceptions. He should have simply seen that he was in danger of receiving this punishment and stopped the behavior.

On another note, I greatly respect the friendship and support that you are showing for your friend, and I also respect that he acknowledges his mistake and regrets the decisions that he made even after receiving disciplinary action intended to prevent him from following a self-destructive path, so-to-speak.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:13 pm Reply with quote

Racist? In what way. Plus, can you tell Pamma that the cat he sold me is dead.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:45 am Reply with quote

LOL @ cat sale. He says he "was" the cat. lol

Anyways, I don't think the *racist* person was a regular, but there was a guy who called Pamma the 'N' word - and the 'F' word on the day he was banned.

Pamma explained to me that he was hitting his head on the keyboard, upset with someone later that day, which caused the random characters. I've asked him to stop doing this in online conversations anyplace.

Besides it probably caused him some more brain damage. LOL (though he denies that possibility)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index : Warbears -> General WB Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: