49%  [ 35 ]
No
50%
 50%  [ 36 ]
Total Votes : 71

Warts Smith
Comic Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:43 pm Reply with quote

Hey guys, as we know there has been many discussions of how we can bring Warbears back to where it was a couple years ago. Now I'd like to help out in this cause and one way I'm willing to help out is to revive CMU.

I've had some discussions with Ben about reviving CMU, and I will need your help. Please, do me a favor and if you want CMU to be revamped by me and Frank, to please vote yes. If you don't care about this or if you think it's a bad idea select no or don't vote at all please. Smile

Ben will only allow this thing to be revived if majority of the people vote yes. Which a majority in his eyes is a large amount.

So get voting. Wink

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:45 pm Reply with quote

Pfft, I specifically said landslide. Kawaii
Bug Hunters Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:47 pm Reply with quote

The Idea is great, but the system never really worked.

I'd like it revived if we can come up with a better system.

I'd suggest something that results in becoming an official comic maker, as this gives people a real incentive to work at what they're doing.

20 comic makers isn't a bad thing, it's great, there'll always be new comics, each with it's own thread rather than the confusion of a single thread where comics may be overlooked. Right now we can do this because we have a limited number, in the future, if Warbears became big, it would need limiting, but right now I think it will work out great.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:51 pm Reply with quote

I support, I'm looking into a few potential comic ideas at the moment and a reformed CMU would be a bloody good incentive for lazy people like me.
Simon Brancacane
Comic Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:38 pm Reply with quote

Oh, right after I came back here. Grin grin

If you guys still would like me to run the CMU, I could make an attempt at reviving it. Otherwise, if you'd rather see someone else get a shot at it, I'd have no objections to that either. Smile

Location: The land of Köttbullar and Smörgåsbord, and epic guys with beards and hats

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:41 pm Reply with quote

Can you join CMU if you write scripts and not actually make the comics? Just curious.
Coolboi Harlan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:50 pm Reply with quote

I like your thinking, should it just be people who make comics? Or can people who write scripts and help new people make comics, or just people who make the comics in general. That could lead into 3 different categories.

Comic Makers

Script Writers

Publishers, by this I mean people who don't have the idea for the comic, but make it and post it because the creator hasn't got enough posts.

And maybe people who help newbies and give them tips on how to make comics, hot to format the frames, what type of comedy is funny and... Stuff. They could be called 'Comedy Guides'

Comic Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:55 pm Reply with quote

Coolboi Harlan wrote:
I like your thinking, should it just be people who make comics? Or can people who write scripts and help new people make comics, or just people who make the comics in general. That could lead into 3 different categories.

Comic Makers

Script Writers

Publishers, by this I mean people who don't have the idea for the comic, but make it and post it because the creator hasn't got enough posts.

And maybe people who help newbies and give them tips on how to make comics, hot to format the frames, what type of comedy is funny and... Stuff. They could be called 'Comedy Guides'

Different cathegories of members sounds like an awesome idea! There could be regular comic makers, script writers, editors (who don't write comics, but help other people with the editing), and members who specialize in maing guides and giving advice to less experienced comic makers.
Bug Hunters Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:57 pm Reply with quote

The main problem for me is that I could edit anything really, but never come up with a nice idea.

Various different groups within CMU would be a nice thing to give everyone something to do.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:07 pm Reply with quote

In which case would it be named the Comic Makers Union if not everyone is making comics? Or something like the Comic Society? Or Comedians United.
Lol.

Comic Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:47 am Reply with quote

By the way, I think most members of the former CMU weren't active, so when we restart it I think the old members should have to send in new applications if they want to be in the new group.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:55 am Reply with quote

well i say that this should be approved cause i really need help with editing my comics. like we could have pro editors who we can send our comics to and then they edit it and then they send us back and we announce who helped us in the making of the comic.
Yummytummy Burritos

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:01 am Reply with quote

I like the idea of having different groups within CMU, it gives everyone something to do.
Knyh Risotto
Bug Hunters Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:05 pm Reply with quote

Simon Brancacane wrote:
By the way, I think most members of the former CMU weren't active, so when we restart it I think the old members should have to send in new applications if they want to be in the new group.

I think a complete restart is the best shot. Everyone at the same level, with opportunities to 'level up' immediately available.

I think tiered ranking, like was in WGA, along with different systems for those doing only editing/scripting, would be good giving more accurate representations of how good users are at what they do.

It would be good if we can work out a community based system not involving 'leaders' but more 'the-reliable-people-who-manage-the-thread-and-organize-stuff'. Not sure how this could work, but does anybody have Ideas?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:13 pm Reply with quote

I probably won't be able to make comics, but I suppose audience support is welcomed AND important.

Lolbear Simpson wrote:
Learn what?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index : Warbears -> Comics All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: