Warbears.com
Warbear
Bedtime City Missions Shop Forum
 Forum Rules   FAQ   Search   

Warbears: Citizens in Arms. Game Development
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you like a series of missions like this?
No ending time set.
OMG YES! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE!
27%
 27%  [ 28 ]
Sure, I think ioji should start after mission 4 is done.
15%
 15%  [ 16 ]
I don't really care.
8%
 8%  [ 9 ]
No offense, but this is a bad idea.
20%
 20%  [ 21 ]
THIS IS THE WORST IDEA EVER! (Exaggeration.)
28%
 28%  [ 29 ]
Total Votes : 103

Tankbuilder Smith

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:56 am Reply with quote

News:
7/15/11: More progress has been made, mostly in the graphics design department. If all goes well, I should have a completed animated avatar and a completed CIA: Tankbuilder papercraft image as promotional items for this game before the end of today. The papercraft image might be released tommarrow, however.

6/14/11: Made some progress on this game, ex scripter no longer a combat technician, minor roles probably wont be featured in this game. However, if you have a minor role, chances are you may be featured in a new game in the context of the main person being "Sick". Like for example, Globlox Simpson being sick and not being able to come along for the mission, and being temporarily replaced by Pete Toroto. Or you may be included in the event that the mission would benifit from having more than one person of a typical class. Like infiltrating a high tech enemy base would almost certainly have at least three combat technicians coming along.

As of right now, finishing the first part of the mission and the introductory sequence is first priority. Once that is done, I'll publish what I've gotten done so far, for you to enjoy.

10/23/10: Got my ex-scripter to be a combat technician and one of my best friends, who is going to go by "Deltah" in the game, to be the county sherriff. (He wanted an important role in the game.) Also working on the level design of the game. Hoping to have my sketch done by the end of the weekend, and I am aiming for the level design and main storyline to get done at about the same time.

10/17/10: It's been a week since I last updated the news! Well, my scripter quit, but I won't let that prevent me from making progress in other areas. I will try my hardest to keep this project going as smoothly as possible.

10/10/10: Scripter is working on a spriting system. I am working on a work ethic system. Hopefully he gets his part done and I get my part done. I can't stand to make too much camo......

10/7/10: Told and informed my scripter about this idea. Also told my one friend, who I would love to have in any gunfight, about this idea as well. He (Not my scripter,) knows alot about guns and stuff like that. He will help me out with the guns that I use in this game.

The Concept
I came up with this idea awhile back actually, but the basic concept is that there is a small group of elite soliders that deal with the threats that don't immediately demand the warbears' attention but need to be dealt with right away.
THIS IS NOT AN RPG. THE RPing IS FOR APPLICATION PURPOSES!

The First Mission
The first mission should be in a thought-to-be abandoned warehouse, with the soliders fighting off groundhogs. This mission will have 3 parts, and the warehouse is fairly big and you could expect a run in with the commander, as well as shooting groundhogs down that are charging at you at the beginning of the mission. (It gets easier to aim the closer they get.) Also, the soliders spilt up after the first part into 2-3 men teams. The teams move together, and they can use either charecter's abilities while in a team. This is no longer planned for ioji to work on it. Can a mod please change option 2 to "Yes, I think you should get working on it asap."

The Major Roles

Note: The last sentence in each paragraph is a reference to the charecter's personalities and not what that person does.

Sniper/Squad Leader (Me):

I am the one who gets things done, and I can snipe as well as shoot a door open or clear a room by myself. My weapons would be the semi automatic sniper (As seen in my avatar), flashbangs, (For clearing rooms out myself,) and an automatic shotgun. I will generally play things safe unless nothing is getting done, in which case I will have extra options to allow myself to "Take Charge". However, in some cases, doing so might not be the best option, and I might get myself into trouble doing so. The squad leader part is up for debate. My role is most similar to Steve's. I can't take jokes directed at me that well.

Combat Engineer (Trick):

He/She has a shotgun for a weapon as well as a toolkit and alot of duct tape in his/her backpack. Works with the other team members to fix things. This role is not similar to any of the warbears' roles, as none of them solely fix things. Has a practical mindset but knows a good joke when he sees one.

Combat Technician (Globlox for sure.)

He/She has a P90 (Or another personal defense rifle) for a weapon, and also carries a laptop in his/her backpack, and battery packs on his/her belt for recharging on the go. Knows how to hack. Plays a role similar to Kla's. He/She also has extra ammo for the rest of the team. Is very practical but understands jokes, and rarely makes any.

Bomb Technician (Leroy):

He/She not only knows how to disable bombs, but also knows how to handle explosives as well. He/She sometimes works with the combat technician to use a bomb robot to deactivate bombs from a distance. Has a grenade launcher and a personal defense weapon. This role is most similar to Lucas'. Also is the guy who likes to complain.

Scout/Medic (Sobchak):

He/She is armed with a knife and pistol, but also has climbing gear, medical supplies, binoculars, rope, etc, basically anything needed to survive in the wild and spy on somebody else. He/She can also climb up to areas other charecters can't reach, as well as help them up. Or down. This role is most similar to Ryoh's. He is also the primary jokester of the group.

The General (Sheena):

He/She commands the squad from a distance while the commander attends to other matters. Is most similar to the commander's role. Has an office nearby the Warbear Commander's office. Helps the group out when needed, but enforces disipline when the group is messing around.

The County Sheriff (Dyon Risotto)

He is the County Sheriff, whose job is to manage all the cops around town. He is not the same cop the warbears commander talks to. He has alot of experience in combat though, and knows how to handle various situations. He doesn't directly address the general as much, but can be seen on the battlefeild more than other characters of his values. Carries a shotgun.

Elite Roles
Somebody needs to back the team up.

Note: There can be 1-5 of each of these. You can pick your weapons, assuming they are reasonable, and you only have 2 ranged ones.
Sniper: Most similar to my role, except for being the squad leader.
Snipers: Josh, Cysero, Hyuitt, Muffer, Macros
Combat Engineer: Most similar to the combat engineer's role.
Combat Engineers: Grandpa, Kane.
Combat Technican: Most similar to Globlox's role.
Combat Technicans: Pete, Sandy, Skunkhead, Pete
Bomb Technican: Most similar to the Bomb Techinician's role.
Bomb Technicans: Smark, Breadkiller, Jamiie
Scout/Medic: Most similar to the scout/medic role.
Scout/Medics: Fhil, Mrlegoking, Nickicantu,
Elite Solider: Has an automatic rifle and doesn't do anything specail. More likely to be in the missions than a solider.
Elite Soliders: Dyon, Wardog, Protoman, Ninjajhj, Wereworld,
Squad Leader: Is a leader of a small group of people. Must be applied for with 1 other elite role. Has a wider selection of weapons too.
Squad Leaders: Fhil, Protoman
Vip (Very Important Citizen): They are the hostages you WANT to get out alive.
Vips: Mochi, Carice, Googearth
Sheriffs: They are cops that are very important.
Sheriffs: None yet.

Minor Roles

Anybody can automatically get into one of these roles. They are basically extras, and typically only have a few lines at most.
Cop: Self explainitory. Not going to be in the first mission. Likely to have quite a few lines.
Cops: None yet
Solider: Also self explaintory. Not going to have too many lines.
Soliders: None yet
Citizen: Self explaintory. Typically going to be hostages. Probably going to have lines like those with the hostages in mission 3.
Citizens: None yet
Hostages: Basically Citizens with a ton of bad luck. They will always appear in the missions as hostages.
Hostages: Scootertheman Burritos.
Drivers: These people drive vehicles to get people from place to place.
Drivers: Hiphop Burritos.

Game Development Roles: No longer accurate.
Game Design Manager: Me. I know what I want, how I want it, and even when I don't, I can figure it out pretty quickly.

Storyline Writers: Globlox.

Music Creator: Poison Simpson since he so nicely asked about it.

Gun Expert: Another friend, and Josh Panzerotten.

Translators: Self explaintory. Any languages you can translate to are welcome.
Spanish Translation: Dyon, Elegado,
Potteguese Translation: Globlox,

Application List:For reference only
Globlox: Combat Technician (Major). Accepted and Confirmed.
Leroy: Bomb Technician (Major) Accepted with your dialog that didn't apply to what I wanted.
Sobchak: Scout/Medic (Major) Accepted.
Trick: Combat Engineer (Major) Accepted.
Mochi: Vip. Accepted even though mochi never actually sent in an application. Kawaii
Sheena: Hostage. (He meant citizen.) Accepted. This is a minor rank. Although I think you could do better.
Sheena: General. Accepted. Citizen rank removed now.
Globlox: Storyline Writer. Accepted and Confirmed. He seems up to the job.
Dyon: Elite Solider. Accepted. Boy that took a bit of doing...
Fhil: Medic/Scout, Accepted and Confirmed. Working with him was way easier compared to working with dyon.
Fhil: Squad Leader: Accepted and Confirmed.
Smark: Bomb Technician: Accepted.
Poison Simpson: Music designer: Accepted.
Poison Simpson: Scripter/Graphics Designer: Result Pending. I need material to say whether you can do either for sure.
Grandpa Burritos: Combat Technician. Accepted.
Josh Panzerotten: Sniper. Accepted.
Cysero Toroto: Sniper. Accepted.
Hyuitt Anderson: Sniper. Accepted.
Scootertheman Burritos: Hostage. Accepted and DEFINITELY Confirmed.
Travor Smith: Cop. Accepted.
Travor Smith: County Sheriff. Accepted.
Travor Smith: Dialog Writer. Accepted.
Travor Smith quit.
Golden House: Scout/Medic with a sword. Pending Approval.
Garfield Simpson: Solider. Accepted.
Golden House: Elite Solider. Accepted.
Garfield Simpson: Elite Solider. Accepted. Garfield is no longer a solider.
Hiphop Burritos: Trucker. Accepted.
Dyon Risotto: Boot Camp Sergent. Accepted.
Breadkiller Anderson: Bomb Technician. Awaiting Approval.
Kane Carpenter: Combat Engineer. Awaiting Approval.
Skunkhead Simpson: Combat Technician. Awaiting Approval.
Jamiie Harlan: Bomb Technician. Awaiting Approval.
Muffer Burritos: Sniper. Awaiting Approval.
Mrlegoking Simpson: Scout/Medic with a sword. Awaiting Approval.
Travor Smith Rejoined. Awaiting info on what he wants to do here.
Nickicantu Smith: Scout/Medic. Awaiting Approval.
Dyon Ristto: Translator (Spanish) Accepted.
Elegado Smith: Translator (Spanish) Accepted.
Wardog Panzerotten: Elite Solider. Pending Approval.
Protoman Anderson: Elite Solider/Squad Leader. Pending Approval.
Pete Toroto: Combat Technician. Accepted and Confirmed.
Globlox Simpson: Translator. (Porteguese) Accepted.
Marcos Giffuri: Sniper. Pending Approval.
Ninjajhj Burritos: Elite Solider. Pending Approval.
Carice Lebowski: Vip. Pending Approval
Googearth Simpson: Vip. Pending Approval.
Sandie Toroto: Combat Technician. Pending Approval.
Werewold Mazinga: Elite Solider. Pending Approval.

Promotional Items
To keep the enthusiasm for this game up.
Promotional Avatars
Unsatisfactory Animated Tankbuilder Avatar. (Goes a bit too fast, and the wrong frames are repeated.)
Promotional Papercraft Images
Tankbuilder Papercraft, with his gun out.

Last edited by ilovemath224 on Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:53 pm; edited 66 times in total
Globox Simpson

Location: The land of Köttbullar and Smörgåsbord, and epic guys with beards and hats

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:09 am Reply with quote

I'd like to be the Combat Technician.
Here's some lines:
"Okay, the door is open, now run for it!"
"Get your ammo here!"
"An unprotected network... excellent."
"I'll take the back!"
Sobchak Lebowski
Translators Team

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:24 am Reply with quote

Scout/Medic (Sobchak):

"Did someone ask for binoculars?"
"Here, let me help you climb up this giant string ball!"
Pancake Smith

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:37 am Reply with quote

This sounds more like an RP than a game. I don't see why Ioji would make a mission glorifying four or five members.
Tankbuilder Smith

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:32 am Reply with quote

Well, the rping part is more of a signup than a major part of the game.

Just pointing that out. And I will add more minor classes to the game. Basically they are more generic type charecters. Also, I decided that adding elites to the list might be a good idea.
Knyh Risotto
Bug Hunters Team Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:16 pm Reply with quote

*cough*BUrip-off*cough*

Why in share your Ideas if you're making an RP?

Rather too COD styled for me, plus it takes Ioji long enough for main missions, why go off on pointless side-quests?

If an official team of citizens were selected, if this for some reason happened, I'm sure they would have to have done something very significant for the site, such as created a fan-game, hosted a group or donated a lot of currency..

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:24 pm Reply with quote

Can I be the bomb technician?
And I want my catch phrase to be "That was some hangover"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:14 pm Reply with quote

@ Knyh: Now in big red bolded letters: THIS IS NOT AN RPG! IT IS ONLY FOR APPLICATION PURPOSES ONLY! You could also explain how you would fit that role if you prefer.

@ Leroy: You can be A bomb techician, but you might not be the major one. It depends on whoever else sends in an application. Same thing for you Sobchak. I found Globlox's application good enough that he definitely has the major combat technician role. The elite one is still up for grabs.
Sobchak Lebowski
Translators Team

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:44 pm Reply with quote

I have tons of good lines man you just gotta give me a chance, please
Tankbuilder Smith

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:47 am Reply with quote

Say as many as you want. I didn't deny your request, so until I do, you still have time.
Sobchak Lebowski
Translators Team

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:50 am Reply with quote

Sobchak the Scout (While fighting a giant robotic gorilla):

"I've got a baaad feeling about this"
Tankbuilder Smith

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:55 am Reply with quote

I am more of the practical/realistic type. However, if you can humor me enough, I might just add you as the main scout. The team could use ONE jokester.
Pancake Smith

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:03 am Reply with quote

You realize this isn't really anything, right? It doesn't make sense to glorify you (and, to a lesser extent, a few other members) in a mission, so this will never actually be made as a WB game. I don't get what you're expecting, and why you're taking it so seriously.
Tankbuilder Smith

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:23 am Reply with quote

So it wasn't the best idea. Well, back to the drawing board. And the poll disagrees with you.
Sobchak Lebowski
Translators Team

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:30 am Reply with quote

Share your ideas + RP = As real as Share your ideas is ever gonna get?

Also 100% of the community wants this done according to a recent survey. Not only do we have something tangible in our hands for once, but Tankbuilder has found an exploitable loophole that allows people to have fun without the approval junkies lurking about. I'm loving it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index : Warbears -> Collaboration All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 1 of 27

Jump to: