Warbear
Bedtime City Missions Shop Forum
 Forum Rules   FAQ   Search   

General Game Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dyon Risotto

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:32 pm Reply with quote

Hank, that is extremely disrespectful, (trying to not backseat mod) but it's also spam, and a bump. Please just show a spec of maturity? Don't take this in the wrong tone, though.

Also, why is the randomness thread in the games section? It's mostly just normal discussion. so shouldn't it be under general discussion?
Yummytummy Burritos

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 8:05 am Reply with quote

Dyon Risotto wrote:
Also, why is the randomness thread in the games section? It's mostly just normal discussion. so shouldn't it be under general discussion?

Mainly 'cause it is, well, random. There's been plenty of spam too, so I guess it's mainly so people don't get really high post counts.
Knyh Risotto
Bug Hunters Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:54 pm Reply with quote

I'd like a semi-serious discussion with people, ok?

Does Mafia become too easy (and therefore much less fun) if the citizens begin to band together? For me it defeats the purpose of the game and I was wondering what people think about this and perhaps any ideas to counter it or at least reduce it.
I'd love it if people tried not to do this and instead used the thread as the only place to discuss games (excluding those who are supposed to discuss it elsewhere) as Mafia is technically a roleplay and if people start doing things out of the public eye a roleplay can be hard to follow.
Any one else agree/disagree/have anything at all to say?

Location: The land of Köttbullar and Smörgåsbord, and epic guys with beards and hats

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:00 pm Reply with quote

As a long time Mafia host and player, I agree. When people start teaming up, the fun is reduced by a whole lot.
Rowena Svoltaire
Quizaboom
Team Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:51 pm Reply with quote

Yeah clearly that acts as quite a killer early on haha, but I mean technically it's just being tactically smart. I imagine the reason it can be so devastating to the integrity of the games on here is just that they're so small, and I imagine with tons more players it just can't be done so successfully. Has anybody played mafia or even just seen it played on one of those giant mafia-dedicated forums and stuff? Do they have a similar situation/issue?
Translators Team

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:33 am Reply with quote

One of the standard rules in most forum Mafia games is that no discussion should take place outside of the thread, to evoke the idea of being in a town hall meeting kinda scenario. In fact, many Mafia hosts here often copy and paste their chunks of text from an external site, ignoring that these rules clearly state players are not allowed to talk out of the game unless their role says otherwise (Lending itself to lots of ambiguity). Then again, this also has its cons. On dedicated Mafia forums everyone is into it and wants to be organized about it and discuss what's going on since everyone there admires these qualities and it is basically what they signed up for, working as a counter to the Mafia's "advantage" of being able to talk privately and hand in night kills etc etc. In here, well, you guys know how it is; hardly anyone ever talks at all or shows interest or is aware of the fact that understanding the game should come before actually playing it. Which is why the Mob-Townie win ratio has yet to tip over to one side or the other. The ideal solution would be to introduce the no outside discussion rule in the name of balance AND to foster people to actually invest themselves in the game but as I said this is only a standard and whether it is considered fun or not for others, it is the host who should always have the final word regarding the rules of his game, since rule flexibility promotes innovation and is probably the only way to keep the only interesting game on this site as fresh as 5 year old fresh can be

I do however disagree with calling this strategy "teaming up" or "banding together". That's the whole purpose of the game!
Yummytummy Burritos

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:49 pm Reply with quote

I guess my point on townie collaboration is that while it is being smart - of course you want to win and know who is innocent - if the game is in fact a roleplay I just don't think people would actually be so trusting of others. Really in a community so small as ours it's easy pickings even if only 5 or 6 people team up - Perhaps only the cop should be able to contact innocents once investigated?

I feel like I just repeated a bunch of points already made haha :P
Zac Nachos

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:37 pm Reply with quote

to many words. Neutral
Knyh Risotto
Bug Hunters Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:27 pm Reply with quote

Rowena Svoltaire wrote:
Has anybody played mafia or even just seen it played on one of those giant mafia-dedicated forums and stuff? Do they have a similar situation/issue?

[Sorry for the late reply, been busy]

I've spectated a few and also played some. They have the issue but when there's 80 or so players (as in one game) it sort of fizzles out and has little effect, the smaller games tend to be more dedicated players who treat it as an RP and everything is done in the thread so it's not present except in groups of 2 or 3, and at that point those groups become more and more mafia like and it tends to count against the townies when people catch on and begin murdering them.

Location: The land of Köttbullar and Smörgåsbord, and epic guys with beards and hats

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 4:17 pm Reply with quote

Any interest in a new Mafia game?

(I know the last one I hosted was a disaster, but I'll try to be a better host this time)
Leroy Simpson

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 4:26 pm Reply with quote

I remember the time that Puck applied for Mafia. Oh, that was such a laugh.
Comic Team Member

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 7:54 pm Reply with quote

I'd play if there was a new mafia game.
Jurgen Smith
Quizaboom
Team Member

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:17 am Reply with quote

We're too dead for Mafia, I feel, but a fire-on-demand RAF queue, perhaps? Rather than a set deadline (have a minimum time you'll wait), start the game when you have a decent number of players, and message them then. I'd recommend no teams at this point, but that is your own discretion.
Globox Simpson

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:28 pm Reply with quote

I could host some form of roleplay if people want. Just saying.
Ninjabear Simpson
Comic Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:04 pm Reply with quote

Why not Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index : Other Stuff -> Forum Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: