Bedtime City Missions Shop Forum
 Forum Rules   FAQ   Search   

The Warbears crisis.
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tacobadger Burritos
TV Channel Maker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:19 am Reply with quote

Lets face it, Warbears' user population is decreasing, the old users are leaving, and the old users that remain, well..
some of you guys are pretty snotty.
What are the main reasons for the decrease in users? Few updates, and rude people.
Ioji may say he doesn't need the donations, that he supports warbears fine, and this is true, but extra cash could be used for faster equipment, and maybe even a staff could be hired, and productivity of missions, and BTC updates would increase, drawing the attention of more new users, and even the old ones.
Ioji. Use the news box as often as possible, put anything in it! even if it's useless information! I'd be fine with seeing
"I'm eating soup..-Ioji"
in the news box, at least something, instead of 1 time every 2 months. Tell us exactly whats going on, be technical, post problems you're having with updating, anything!
To the older users out there, answer me this:
Don't you miss being a newbie?
I sure as hell do. the clubs, the infinite amount of new people to meet, the games, the jokes. Some older users seem to tend to separate themselves form the new guys, making your social horizon on this community very small(I said some, not all, don't whine at me).You may think of me as someone who would call a user with low grammar skills a "noob". But really, Who cares if he or she uses text talk, or they like to roleplay? Talk to the newbies for heavens sake! Help some people out! Play a game! And absolutely introduce them to the forum!
Now, certain users who I will not name do nothing but post rude, snotty comments in every post, pointing out only the negatives, and the flaws of everyone and everything! And you users that do this know who you are.

I conclude my request in this; Donate to this site, talk to the newbies, don't be a brat, and don't let this site die!

To donate, click this link, go to the very bottom of that page, and you will see a box that says "Support warbears! DONATE!" click that.

And to any of the Moderators out there about to lock this topic, can you please just give this thread a chance for a little while, and see where it goes?
Thank you.

Last edited by TacoBadger on Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:51 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Josh Panzerotten

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:37 am Reply with quote

Fo shizzle...........
Pinkitypop Totoro

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:24 pm Reply with quote

I completely agree with you, I was just saying in BTC about how much I miss the 2008 version of Warbears, I wasn't on often enough in 2007 to consider it as good. I would consider a short break if I knew it would do any good, but I doubt more people will just spontaneously appear, might as well make the most of what's there now, I hope the forums become more lively soon.
Lolbear Simpson

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:48 pm Reply with quote

I don't know what to say, but I totally agree with you.
Zual Svoltaire

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:27 pm Reply with quote

I think it's about time that every 07 user, 08 user and 09 user stop pretending to be better than the user they came before, because if you act like that, then they would be better than you.

Before you know it, 10's gonna come and the users with it. So to make it better we need to set an example, and tell anyone that does try to separate themselves from other users because of the year, that, that isn't the right way.
Funny Lebowski
Bug Hunters Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:36 pm Reply with quote

Eh, I try to talk to anyone who interests me, and refrain myself from posting snotty comments on the forum. I don't post too often, anyway...

But this is definitely true. Ioji needs donations. I will happily donate, if I must, as I love nearly every aspect on this website (apart from that annoying spot between the flags on the missions page for mission 2, where there should be a space. That sends me up the wall! Grin grin ).
Pete Totoro
Translators Team

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:43 pm Reply with quote

Community wise, pre-beta BTC was better. Ah, the old days..
Susanna Harlan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:51 pm Reply with quote

i actully love talking to the newbies.
i am always explaining to people the difference of noobs and newbs >_>
And roleplaying is really fun. the only thing that stops me from donating is that my parents wouldnt let me.
Sobchak Lebowski
Translators Team

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:21 pm Reply with quote

I don't believe talking to the new users has anything to do with the site's impeding doom
Tacobadger Burritos
TV Channel Maker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:45 pm Reply with quote

Sobchak Lebowski wrote:
I don't believe talking to the new users has anything to do with the site's impeding doom

I mean for the sake of the older users.
as time passes, the users from when you joined slowly decrease, making your list of people you talk to smaller, leading to their leaving of the site.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Easyname Totoro

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:02 pm Reply with quote

It's mainly because of the lack of updates. This is a flash chat based community and if there isn't anything new for an extended period of time people will get bored.

Maybe Ioji should do start doing lots of small regular updates to keep the interest up?
Sobchak Lebowski
Translators Team

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:20 pm Reply with quote

Tacobadger Burritos wrote:
Sobchak Lebowski wrote:

as time passes, the users from when you joined slowly decrease, making your list of people you talk to smaller, leading to their leaving of the site.

So basically, you're saying old users leave because old users leave.

Man, that's really far-fetched.
Tacobadger Burritos
TV Channel Maker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:22 pm Reply with quote

Sobchak Lebowski wrote:
Tacobadger Burritos wrote:
Sobchak Lebowski wrote:

So basically, you're saying old users leave because old users leave.

Man, that's really far-fetched.

basically. if more talked to all users, they wouldn't care about old users leaving.
Liena Totoro

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:31 am Reply with quote

Wow, that pretty much sums up all the crap I never thought to complain about. You deserve an award...so why don't I get off my lazy MSN butt and be a lil' bit more active? yeah, that's award enough.

Honestly, I would donate if I had any money (oh look, my birthday is in 23 days and Christmas is two weeks after...surplus holiday money = donation?) but any money I have is put towards...skittles? Don't judge me. This economy is shiatsu and my family is getting split apart.

Uhm, anyway. I don't remember what else I was going to say so I'll stop here looking like an idiot. kthx.

(And lol, I still have a Halloween avatar and a Halloween sig...See how much i've been on lately? xD)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ice Totoro

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:36 am Reply with quote

I agree. I'm broke like Liena.
I think it's time that Warbears had been closed down. I mean, in the past month or so I haven't seen more than 100 users on at once. I'm sory to say that, but look at the facts.
Pip has left. Hollie has left. Archimedes has left. Who's next to leave?!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index : Warbears -> Website and Forum All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 1 of 17

Jump to: