50%  [ 1 ]
dummy
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 2

Knyh Risotto
Bug Hunters Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:24 pm Reply with quote

Warbears: The Forum Game™ – It’s sorta like mafia except nobody dies so you can't just kill the talkative people

The Resistance is a Card Game, and I have shamelessly ripped it off for this forum game.

The Warbears are a specially trained team of agents who protect Bedtime City against threats. Missing since the events of Mission 3, the people of BTC must instead defend themselves. The evil Knyh has planned to take over the Bar and needs to be stopped. Mission 1: Find his evil lair. Mission 2: Enter the Lair. Mission 3: Assassinate Knyh. Realistically, this should be easy. But the people didn’t count on the Knyh-fanatic spies, and their efforts to sabotage…

The Game

There are 5 to 10 players split into two teams, The People, and The Spies. The numbers of each are based on the number of players in the game and will be revealed at the start of the game. The Spies know who else is on their team. There are up to 5 turns in the game, and no less than 3. Each turn has three phases.
THERE IS STRICTLY ZERO COMMUNICATION ABOUT THE GAME OFF THREAD, EVEN BETWEEN SPIES. Talking in the thread is almost always a GOOD THING, as you are unlikely to be selected for a mission if you do not talk.
    Phase 1: Team Selection

The selection phase involves a “Mission Leader” selecting a team to go on the mission. The number of people selected depends on which turn it is (you will be told at the start of the game). The player order will be randomized, and the first mission leader will be selected from a random point on that list. The team is chosen by posting their names in COLOUR, clearly stating they are the selection. Once a selection has been made in this way, it cannot be changed. When the Mission Leader has chosen their team, the game moves to the approval phase. All of this is done in the thread, publicly. This phase has a FIVE DAY limit to a team selection being made. If the Mission Leader fails to nominate a team during this time, without valid reason, then the Mission Leader status passes to the next player on the list and a new selection phase begins. The Rejection counter will also be increased by 1 (see Phase 2 for more details).

Phase 2: Team Approval

The rest of the players vote to approve or reject this team during this phase. Voting is done by PMing me, either to approve or reject the team. A tie in votes results in rejection. You MUST vote each time, failure to do so counts as a Reject vote. At this point, all votes will be revealed (i.e. you will know who approved or rejected the team). If the team is rejected, the Mission Leader status passes to the next player on the list, a new selection phase begins, and the Rejection counter increases by 1.
    If the rejection counter reaches 5 (FIVE) (i.e. selection is rejected 5 times in a row), The Spies win the game.
    If the Team selection is approved, then the Mission Phase begins, and the Rejection counter resets to zero.

Phase 3: The Mission

The Mission Phase involves only the approved team members. Each of them must PM me either to “Succeed” or “Sabotage” the mission. Members of The People MUST vote “Succeed”, while The Spies members may choose. If there are any “Sabotage” votes, the mission fails, and The Spies gain a point. If the mission succeeds, then The People gain a point. These votes are revealed anonymously, in a random order, along with a wonderful™ story by the host. The game then moves to the next turn and a new Selection Phase begins.

Winning the Game and basic tips

The People win if 3 missions Succeed. The Spies win if 3 missions are Sabotaged. As detailed above, if the Rejection Counter reaches 5, the Spies win immediately.
As a Spy, you want to be selected for missions to fail them and earn your team a point. As a member of The People, you want to be selected for missions to pass them, earning your team a point. Spies may wish to pass early missions to help them get selected for later missions.
Information on allegiances comes in multiple forms. First are players’ votes, second are Mission results, and third are suspicions you may discern from discussion. The People must use all this information to identify Spies and avoid selecting them for missions. It is likely that The Spies will win more often, especially if players are not committed to the game.

Players (10/10):
Jurgen Smith
Globox Simpson
Tango Totoro
Marshall Branflakes
Takeoshi Thestreamer
Ninjabear Simpson
Rojoco Anderson
Joyce Carpenter
Katz Giffuri
Nickyh Smith

Backup Players:
----

Last edited by deamon on Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:18 pm; edited 10 times in total
Pepper Brancacane

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:27 pm Reply with quote

Heya I’m in!!
Globox Simpson

Location: The land of Kttbullar and Smrgsbord, and epic guys with beards and hats

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:28 pm Reply with quote

I'm in!
Tango Totoro
Quizaboom
Team Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:10 pm Reply with quote

yes please

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:31 pm Reply with quote

sign me up

thanks
Takeoshi Totoro
Warbears Mockup Master

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:17 am Reply with quote

i only play games i can stream now
Zane Lebowski

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:14 am Reply with quote

idk what dis is, but im in
Rojoco Anderson

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:39 pm Reply with quote

Haven't fully grasped the game yet but ok.
Knyh Risotto
Bug Hunters Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:07 pm Reply with quote

Some people are a little confused because it's a lot of reading and a new game, which is totally understandable. If you want to I'd reccomend Wil Wheatons Tabletop episode which is a good run through of the game as a small group. As a larger group the only differences will be the number of spies and how many people per mission.

Link to video: https://youtu.be/g_QRczGzXqw

Also if we reach 10 players but you still want the chance to play I'll be adding a list of back up players should anyone be inactive.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:58 pm Reply with quote

I'm not in. Razz

PS: Knyh is a scrub.
Katz Giffuri

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:22 pm Reply with quote

Signs up in confusion and good hopes
Knyh Risotto
Bug Hunters Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:31 pm Reply with quote

We've hit 10 players! The game will start in the next few days.

If you're still interested and sad to miss out, you can still join the backup team! If you do so, it's down to you to avoid finding out players teams so that you can be brought into the game as a replacement with minimal advantage/disadvantage.

I hope you all have fun!
Comic Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:45 pm Reply with quote

I'd like to join
Knyh Risotto
Bug Hunters Team Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:56 pm Reply with quote

zane is a scrub who has a life to deal with (okay that's a fair excuse) so has dropped from the game

pepper has also dropped out

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:12 pm Reply with quote

I'd like to join!

Lolbear Simpson wrote:
Learn what?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index : Other Stuff -> Forum Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: