Warbear
Bedtime City Missions Shop Forum
 Forum Rules   FAQ   Search   

Help! BTC says I need Flash Player, but I have it! [Chrome]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bughunter Anderson
Bug Hunters Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:08 pm Reply with quote

Help! Google Chrome keeps saying I need Flash Player 9 to get into BTC, even though I have it installed!

Hey friends! We’ve had a couple of people unable to get into BTC using Google Chrome because of some issue with how it handles enabling Flash on the website.

Firstly, just in case BTC actually is broken, check the Official Server Status Thread. If there is a big problem and Ioji has taken BTC down (or if you're not logged in) you might see the following message:

If you see that message, please check you are logged in before reporting any issues.

If BTC is working (as it should be!), there is a chance you'll see the following message saying you need Flash Player 9, even if you have it installed (You can get it HERE if you don't!):

For a few of you, if you click "I have Flash Player installed" you might be lucky enough to get a pop up like this:

If you do see the pop up, clicking "Allow" should let you get into BTC again! Yay! You can stop reading this guide and go get some sweet Warbeer! Unfortunately, that doesn't always appear. If it doesn't, you need to manually add www.warbears.com to the “allow” list for Flash Player. Here’s a handy guide (with images) to doing just that!

Step 1

First open a new tab and copy the following into the address bar. Then press enter.
    Quote:
    chrome://settings/content

Step 2

On the page that brings up, find where it says “Flash” and click on that.

Step 3

Firstly, make sure “Allow sites to run Flash” is enabled (as in the image below). We also recommend checking the “Ask First" Box to prevent some malicious sites from running things you don’t want! [Note: You can skip this step if you don't want to run Flash Player anywhere other than the places you allow, as in steps 4 and 5, but for now we recommend doing this for the best web browsing experience!]

Step 4

There should be two lists on this page, “Block” and “Allow”. These allow you to override the settings from step 3 on certain sites, either to Block or Allow Flash player regardless. Click the “ADD” button next to “Allow”.

Step 5

In the box that pops up, type the following URL:
    Quote:
    http://www.warbears.com/

Press the big blue “ADD” button and you’re done! Head on over to BTC right HERE and get chatting!

Hopefully that works for everyone! Very Happy

If you're still having issues, creating a topic in Technical Stuff or sending a Private Message to Knyh or Jurgen are your best options for speedy help!
Ninjabear Simpson
Comic Team Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:44 pm Reply with quote

Thanks, that's what I needed last time! Smile
Bughunter Anderson
Bug Hunters Team Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:35 pm Reply with quote

Hey Folks!

It looks like this trend of default disabling flash in browsers has spread to a few others. If you're having any trouble with issues like this and don't know what to do, sending a Private Message to Knyh (preferably) or Jurgen are your best options for speedy help! You can also PM me (the bughunter account!) but be warned we don't check messages as often.

This post probably represents an official annoucement from the Bug Hunters.

Contact us!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index : Warbears -> Technical Stuff All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: